Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

A possible resolution to our ugly yello DRL's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-06, 08:12 AM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A possible resolution to our ugly yellow DRL's?

I was browsing for brakes and ran accross thig. I dont believe links are allowed so all I can say is the site is lextasy.com. I am not trying to break any rules here but was wondering if this is a solution to the yellow lights we have now and are these safe. Has anyone used these yet?
Site says its the #1 seller. I may try em out but want to be sure I dont damage any wiring or anything else on my baby!
GS Series Day time running LED/ Parking Light

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by LEXUSGS430; 07-28-06 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-27-06, 08:15 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default Use The Search Engine......

Originally Posted by LEXUSGS430
I was browsing for brakes and ran accross thig. I dont believe links are allowed so all I can say is the site is lextasy.com. I am not trying to break any rules here but was wondering if this is a solution to the yellow lights we have now and are these safe. Has anyone used these yet?
Site says its the #1 seller. I may try em out but want to be sure I dont damage any wiring or anything else on my baby!
GS Series Day time running LED/ Parking Light

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

You might want to do a search on "lextasy.com"..........nothing else need to be said! Just trying to help you out....

-R-

Last edited by R.U. IN AW?; 07-27-06 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-27-06, 08:20 AM
AJ
Lexus Champion

DO NOT GO NEAR LEXTASY !!!!!!!!! bad business
Old 07-27-06, 08:48 AM
ShaiKmai
Driver

agreed lextasy = bad mojo

This oughtta help ya
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=127769
Old 07-27-06, 09:16 AM
usmarines
Driver

stay away from lextasy, very unprofessonal, and nothing but problems. All there in house developed products are cheaply made.
Old 07-27-06, 02:01 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

If you want to solve the yellow DRL's,

I've purchased PIAA Super LED (High Intensity) 12V bulbs. They're the Luminosity Diode Wedge Bulbs, Part# = H-263E I think.

They come in White Color, Blue, White-Blue, and Yellow (Those are the only colors I've seen at the shop, I'm sure there are more colors available.).

I purchased the White Colored bulbs. I originally had the Blue ones and was pulled over for having them in the lights. I then purchased the Blue-White ones but they looked almost exactly the same as the Blues so I bought the White ones last and I'm very satisfied with them.

This is what they look like. They go for about $20 for a pair.
Old 07-27-06, 02:34 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
If you want to solve the yellow DRL's,

I've purchased PIAA Super LED (High Intensity) 12V bulbs. They're the Luminosity Diode Wedge Bulbs, Part# = H-263E I think.

They come in White Color, Blue, White-Blue, and Yellow (Those are the only colors I've seen at the shop, I'm sure there are more colors available.).

I purchased the White Colored bulbs. I originally had the Blue ones and was pulled over for having them in the lights. I then purchased the Blue-White ones but they looked almost exactly the same as the Blues so I bought the White ones last and I'm very satisfied with them.

This is what they look like. They go for about $20 for a pair.
Brian- you put those bulbs in your highbeams?

LEXUSGS430- the drls are the high beams at half power. nothing you can really do to make them brighter. I have Sylvania Silverstar high beams and they are brighter than stock, but still look yellowish as drls. the wedge bulb that you showed is just the light that comes on when the low beams are on. that wedge bulb can make the inner lights look white at night when the light switch is on.
Old 07-27-06, 02:44 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Those LEDs are pathetic

I bought those LEDs from that vendor about 1.5 years ago and felt ripped off. First, they're overpriced. Second, they don't work.

If you want to play with LEDs, go directly to superbrightleds.com and get them there. They're much cheaper, offer a huge selection of colors and shapes, and you'll find some really esoteric stuff.

The Lextasy LEDs don't work. They replace the parking light bulbs--the little wedge bulb in front of the high beam reflector housing. They don't do squat for the DRLs, which are really the high beams (the bigger halogen bulbs at the rear of the housings) burning at reduced power. I still have the LEDs in there because I'm too lazy to remove them. But now my DRLs are a little wierd, with that washed out yellow we all hate, but with little purple specs in front. Go figure.

Again, the Lextasy LEDs are bogus, and their advertising is misleading because those LEDs don't do anything for the DRLs.

JB
Old 07-27-06, 07:37 PM
GATO
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

" A possible resolution to our ugly yello DRL's? "

I know some of you drive with your hids or headligts on in the daytime.

but I kinda like my DRL lights.
you'll only see my HID's on during night..........I just think the drl's look hard

anyone else feel that way??
Old 07-27-06, 08:23 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i dont mind the yellow DRL when they are on by themselves
but at night with the HIDs on, they look really out of place with the white HIDs
Old 07-27-06, 08:24 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chuckb

LEXUSGS430- the drls are the high beams at half power. nothing you can really do to make them brighter. I have Sylvania Silverstar high beams and they are brighter than stock, but still look yellowish as drls. the wedge bulb that you showed is just the light that comes on when the low beams are on. that wedge bulb can make the inner lights look white at night when the light switch is on.
oh crap! hahah thanks chuck

I meant these are a replacement for the wedgebulbs... why do i always get that mixed up?
Old 07-28-06, 04:16 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb

Exactly, you guys were showing him the parking light light bulbs.
Old 07-28-06, 07:29 AM
LEXUSGS430
Rookie

well thanks for the feedback guys i will steer clear
Old 07-28-06, 08:24 AM
wassabie
Driver School Candidate

has anyone tried the PIAA TERA 8000K LED for 9005 (in the high beam)?

http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/lighting/piaa.php
Old 07-28-06, 11:27 AM
blkvader
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ohhh no

Lextaxy sucksssssssssssssss

Quick Reply: A possible resolution to our ugly yello DRL's?