Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

2IS fusebox(es) - any Lexus gurus reading, please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-06, 06:24 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2IS fusebox(es) - any Lexus gurus reading, please help

As mentioned in another thread I'm attempting to replace the factory halogen rear turn signal bulbs with LED bulbs, WITHOUT the bulb-out fast blinker that usually comes with it. There are load equalizers that eliminate it, but they're hot enough to melt plastic and carpet and I don't want to splice or even touch factory wiring.

This company:

http://www.autolumination.com/

offers both load equalizers and plug & play flashers designed to eliminate the rapid blinker mode and keep them flashing at the normal rate. The flashers look like this:

The problem is finding out which one in the fusebox to replace. The manual is a bit vague, and I'm not even sure I've found all the fuseboxes in the 2IS. The only two I know of are the small white one under the steering column and this one located in front of the battery. It has several unmarked relays in it:

The problem is the manual doesn't say anything about the relays; in fact, it doesn't match up well at all to what's under my hood:

Notice in the manual's diagram fuse locations 10 -29. Their descriptions are on the back of the page:

...but in the fusebox, those spaces are empty and have a clear plastic shroud over them:

So I dunno what to make of the differences between the manual and the actual fusebox. Anyone with some inside knowledge want to take a crack at the relays? For some weird reason I feel like the purple one that actually says "RELAY" on the top of it might be the one, but I'm not one to start yanking parts out to see what happens. If we can find out which relay controls the flashers, I'm sure plenty of people will want to swap in LED rear turn signals
Old 06-14-06, 06:30 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

risks must be taken in the name of progress

pull a relay out and see what part of the lighting system it disabled
Old 06-16-06, 03:28 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It doesn't appear there is an easy fix. I dropped by the dealer today and one of the techs started going through the wiring schematics...none of those relays control the hazards/turn signals. He traced it back to some small ECU-like module stuffed behind the radio/nav assembly that also happens to control several other functions.

Oh well.