Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Pimp my SC300!!!! Brand spankin new HID retrofit live on Clublexus.com!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-05, 01:24 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Here are a few pics to keep you entertained while I proceed.

Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained!!!???

More details to follow in a few. But I will say that in the last pic, the lense isn't cracked. That came as a scratch when I was dremmeling the circle out. The saw edge grazed the surface there so all is good!

More pics in a few
Old 11-12-05, 03:27 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Wait there's more!!!

I still haven't drilled the holes yet. That's up next and dont worry. These plates are not visible at all from the outside.

Coming up next, the fantastic art of spray paint along with the final sanding segment of the show! Stay tuned (And yes there will be washers!)
Mike

Last edited by tiguy99; 11-12-05 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-13-05, 11:03 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 51 Posts

hey tig,You're doing the bracket the hard way.PM me.

Old 11-13-05, 05:21 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexus4jess
Awe its not so bad hehe. You have PM.

Feel free to share how you did it here though. I don't mind

As for the show, I'm done sanding the passenger side and am now measuring/drilling holes. Pics will be up of the final mounts after alignment in a couple hours.
Old 11-13-05, 06:08 PM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 51 Posts

the easyer for everyone,the better. Your work is excellent.

QUOTE=tiguy99]Awe its not so bad hehe. You have PM.

Feel free to share how you did it here though. I don't mind

As for the show, I'm done sanding the passenger side and am now measuring/drilling holes. Pics will be up of the final mounts after alignment in a couple hours.[/QUOTE]
Old 11-13-05, 09:02 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

I apologize, I was supposed to have mount pics up tonight but I had to make some adjustments so those won't make their debute tomorrow. But I'm sorry I left you without some dope pics to click to/ and like Miller Brew/ to enjoy it/ can't have less than a few!!?? (lol)

Hope you enjoy the output from the newly sanded lenses. This one took all day today (literally hehe)

Stay tuned. More to come tomorrow! YOu don't want to miss the climax and the final chapter on how it all comes together. Keep it locked right here live on clublexus.com!
Mike
Old 11-13-05, 11:48 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

mike, love watchin' your work...but can we get some better pix please? those camera phone pix are killin' me!
Old 11-14-05, 12:09 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, mad props to you. I did this about 2 years back on my first gen gs. and its a bich to do. literlly took me all day to do each headlights too and its basically the same thing over and over......

and then when you polish it you still see small scratch so you gotta go back and redo it all over again. but trust me in the end its very worth it.
Old 11-14-05, 08:56 AM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jmai22
wow, mad props to you. I did this about 2 years back on my first gen gs. and its a bich to do. literlly took me all day to do each headlights too and its basically the same thing over and over......

and then when you polish it you still see small scratch so you gotta go back and redo it all over again. but trust me in the end its very worth it.
Preach brother John! Preach!!!!

Chuuuch!! hehe (just joking on the sacreligious statement. Sorry if I offended anyone there)

And as for the cam I know I know. I need to invest in a camera!!! Its killing me. I could have got one too but my stupid behind couldn't pass up the good deal I got on the KEnwood NAvi and Radio setup I'll also be installing today

go here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187191

for more info
Old 11-14-05, 12:12 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

WTH is this??? Why did this guy use JB weld in the original installation? Please of please let me know. (If he's a member of this board point him out!!!)

Anyway, I have another setback to overcome. The original retrofitter did a botched job installing this projector that undoing what he's done and rebuilding it from scratch has taken longer than expected. I'll keep some of the other problem areas to myself but (only 1-2 more) but I will make this public service announcment:

If anyone of you out there hires someone here to do a retrofit for you...ask them how they plan on securing the internal parts together. If they even make a gesture that JB weld is going to be used as the primary way to hold the projector, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothings wrong with a dab or two to reinforce but my friends here's what the end result is if you need to go in an adjust/correct or do a new retrofit over the old JB stuff....

Parent discretion is advised!!!!! Lol

For the love of humanity, please don't do this again!!!!! Use the plexiglass mount if you must but from now on everybody say it with me....NO MORE JB WELD!!!!! Ever. Its a cuss word
Old 11-14-05, 02:17 PM
slawek65
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Mike, get some good cam, these pics are piece of s..... HA HA HA Good work buddy! So when You gonna stop and see my new ride?
Old 11-14-05, 02:35 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by slawek65
Hey Mike, get some good cam, these pics are piece of s..... HA HA HA Good work buddy! So when You gonna stop and see my new ride?
Hey Slawek. I've got alot of work to do. I'll be able to come by after I finish this retro and finish the install of my navigation system and kenwood dvd mobile audio system. I want it all done by tonight but I haven't started the audio stuff because I'm still doing this.

However this guy's HIDs are gonna be like your GS Valeos were but a tad more colorful. I was able to squeeze more color out of the projectors by playing with the Valeo shield tabs at the bottom. ManI need that Sony digicam back lol. Either yours Slawek or my sister's but she's being stingy. I went over there the other day and stupid thing's just sitting there on the dresser. Same place its been the past 2 weeks since I've been asking her but she's like I need it. For what, she won't tell me. Grrr!!!!

Anyhow the setup is nice I just got through testing the projectors again so I can discover the lead one and man these things are nice! I wish they were mine but LexAnt's gonna be one happy son of a gun when he gets these back. The only thing I say holding it back is that its 6K but that's my opinion. He'd squeeze more cuttoff color if it were regular 4300K and have more light too but its all good. At least he's got Philips Ultinon bulbs!
Old 11-14-05, 03:39 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexus4jess

Looks like I'm going to have to start over and redo the mounts. Your way looks plausable. The JB welded mounts crumbled this afternoon and using the original method kept making me go insane because I have to keep backtracking and redoing alot of stuff. I'm going to take a break and go install my system and come back to this and start from scratch and basically build something like those pics. I still have enough plexiglass to make it happen so it's very feasible. More in a few

Last edited by tiguy99; 11-14-05 at 04:21 PM.
Old 11-16-05, 08:38 PM
SC2SOARER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those lights are looking tight!!!!! want to do mine for small fee
Old 11-16-05, 10:21 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Houston we've got a lowballer.

Quick Reply: Pimp my SC300!!!! Brand spankin new HID retrofit live on Clublexus.com!!!!!