Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Bare HID housings for GS. Where to buy 6000K philips bulbs/ballasts??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-04, 10:12 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bare HID housings for GS. Where to buy 6000K philips bulbs/ballasts??

Hi! I had in some threads about someone who sells Philips 6000K (Ultinon?) kits for a great price, but i can't find the threads now
I just got my OEM 2003 Xenon Headlight housings, but I need bulbs and ballasts, now. They are a great replacement for my scratched up halogens..
Thanks for all the help in advance!
Old 05-01-04, 10:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the new headlights they are for hid or non-hid? if for non-hid, you need hid kits. some people went to jus4bulbs@yahoo.com, someone else recommended some other people

if you have hid headlights, then you can't use hid kits, you need the normal hid bulbs with ballasts (the hid kits have 9006 bulbs
Old 05-02-04, 03:57 AM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

I have OEM 2003 Headlight housings that I bought off Ebay. My 1999 GS300 had halogen housings that were very scuffed up. I'm planning on removing the halogens and installing the HID housings. I know i could just buy lexus ballasts and bulbs off ebay, but I want a 6000K kit. They don't make direct upgrade kits for HID (from 4100K to 6000K)...or should I just buy ballasts and bulbs?? thanks for all your help (*yet again*)!!
Old 05-02-04, 11:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Lex in Tex
I have OEM 2003 Headlight housings that I bought off Ebay. My 1999 GS300 had halogen housings that were very scuffed up. I'm planning on removing the halogens and installing the HID housings. I know i could just buy lexus ballasts and bulbs off ebay, but I want a 6000K kit. They don't make direct upgrade kits for HID (from 4100K to 6000K)...or should I just buy ballasts and bulbs?? thanks for all your help (*yet again*)!!
ok, so my last question, the new headlights you bought from ebay, they are hid headlights? that's the most important question. if yes, then you get the ballasts and bulbs (i would go ebay to get used ballasts and buy new philips 6000k d2r bulbs) and you are set. if the new headlights are still not hid, then you get hid kits
Old 05-02-04, 08:23 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

yes, they are D2R housings. So, i buy 6000K bulbs and 6000K ballasts? or do i need OEM lexus ballast and 6000K bulb??
Old 05-02-04, 09:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yes, they are D2R housings. So, i buy 6000K bulbs and 6000K ballasts? or do i need OEM lexus ballast and 6000K bulb??
Same ballast. There isn't a ballast specific to the 6000k bulbs. OEM ballast will probably be best since it will fit in the space under the OEM housings.

So I would suggest OEM ballast and 6000k bulb.

Last edited by Neo; 05-02-04 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-02-04, 11:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Neo
Same ballast. There isn't a ballast specific to the 6000k bulbs. OEM ballast will probably be best since it will fit in the space under the OEM housings.

So I would suggest OEM ballast and 6000k bulb.
yes i agree with neo. get the oem ballasts so you can mount them directly under the headlights, and then get philips 6000k bulbs
Old 05-02-04, 11:44 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

thanks guys! i'll be getting a set off ebay very soon.
Old 05-11-04, 07:40 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

SO, THIS IS WHAT I NEED AND THEN BUY 6000K BULBS???!!!?!?!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! SORRY TO YELL, but i'm just really excited.
I sold my "third" vehicle on friday, so I've finally got the cash to finish my Civic Auto-X project and the GS300 cosmetic project. though, i kinda miss the little truck, it's the only vehicle i ever bought brand new, and it was perfect inside/outside/mechanically (castrol syntec and syntec blend since second oil change)...2000 Mazda B2500 4 cylinder It was number 8 of 10 vehicles..civic is number 9 and GS300 is 10.
Anyway..so now i'm buying EVERYTHING to finish the project, so expect a few more threads like this.

PLEASE CONFIRM that the above picture will be all I need to plug into the blank Xenon housings i bought off ebay. 55 for mint housings, 150 for ballasts, I ALSO got those 9led White bulbs the other day, i still gotta post pix to show difference between them, the 6led blues, OEMs, and polarg m4s..

Thanks again, everybody!
Old 05-12-04, 07:15 AM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

SO, THIS IS WHAT I NEED AND THEN BUY 6000K BULBS???!!!?!?!

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! SORRY TO YELL, but i'm just really excited.
I sold my "third" vehicle on friday, so I've finally got the cash to finish my Civic Auto-X project and the GS300 cosmetic project. though, i kinda miss the little truck, it's the only vehicle i ever bought brand new, and it was perfect inside/outside/mechanically (castrol syntec and syntec blend since second oil change)...2000 Mazda B2500 4 cylinder It was number 8 of 10 vehicles..civic is number 9 and GS300 is 10.
Anyway..so now i'm buying EVERYTHING to finish the project, so expect a few more threads like this.

PLEASE CONFIRM that the above picture will be all I need to plug into the blank Xenon housings i bought off ebay. 55 for mint housings, 150 for ballasts, I ALSO got those 9led White bulbs the other day, i still gotta post pix to show difference between them, the 6led blues, OEMs, and polarg m4s..

Thanks again, everybody!
Where'd you come across your $55 mint HID housings?? I'm in the market for a pair and can't find any decent for less than $175 a pop. Care to share??

Thanks
Old 05-12-04, 09:10 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Blanco
Where'd you come across your $55 mint HID housings?? I'm in the market for a pair and can't find any decent for less than $175 a pop. Care to share??
eBay/luck/patience

I've talked to him before and he got one of those once in a blue moon deal. I was looking for awhile too and gave up for a bit and he found his during my "break".
Old 05-12-04, 07:16 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

yeah, as neo stated i'm an ebay treasure finder. The trick is to do a HUGE lot of searches once a week ,and put all "possibilities" in your "Watched Items" list. Then, just stay up with the chronological list and bid on items as they come up..
I got a brand new set of Volk Gramlight wheels for my Civic/Integra not too long back. The guy didn't list pictures, nor was his description very clear, but I asked him dozens of questions and finally bid on them.. $1300 rims for $405 + $45 s/h!! people on honda-tech wanted to lynch me for months there's a 3 month wait on these AFTER you pay for them..and now they no longer make the 57C Gramlight..

I hope this helps, it takes a LOT of time to search out good deals, it's all about broadening your search and keeping options open. And, most importantly, give yourself some time to search, if you're in a rush you probably won't get that good of a deal.
Old 05-18-04, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

boy seems like i have to go on ebay more.
and let us know how it goes lex!
Old 05-18-04, 09:09 PM
Lex in Tex
Rookie

OK! i will watch everything that is a great LEXUS DEAL and atleast post it for others to check out. I can atleast do that much

I spend a lot of time online price comparing and stuff. Well, i've got a few High end computers with high res video cards/monitors. all i see is monitors draped across my peripheral and my TV on my far left peripheral I'm a nut.com

I play MMORPGS, regular Console games, browse the net, ALWAYS E-shopping, Surf about 10 different FORUMS including this and lexusownersclub, and Ebay..all at the sametime, usually.

Anyway, enough about that .

rominl, can you please tell me what the Lexus part number for the GS HID ballasts? some of the ebay auctions for them only have part number and not what model they came from? there are some that are silver and long and thin, but I'm pretty sure i'need the black fat ones, right? they have screw holes in each corner that attach to underside of housing, right?

these are (according to ebay listing) LEXUS PART NUMBERs 85967-53020 and 85967-280102

THESE ARE LEXUS PART NUMBER (same for both? identical L/R???) 85967-30030

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE, i'm looking forward to seeing a few of you guys at the Houston Lexus meet in june and the JP imports tuning day (i'll be rocking the civic hatch for A/F tuning )!! hopefully i'll have some HID ballasts and 6000K bulbs by then!
Old 05-18-04, 11:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ummm this is going to be tough. i don't know the part number off hand, unless i take apart my bumper to look for the part number. i will see if i can find anything about that from my resource

Quick Reply: Bare HID housings for GS. Where to buy 6000K philips bulbs/ballasts??