LFA Model (2012)

Development of the LFA Supercar (Lexus International)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-14, 10:44 AM
LexFather

Thumbs up Development of the LFA Supercar (Lexus International)

http://www.lexus-int.com/models/LFA/...-supercar.html

An absolutely passionate, chilling and engaging read on the LFA and Akio Toyoda. It just cements it even more as my favorite car of all time.

Hints on a second LFA as well....

This part stuck with me, I wish all organizations thought like this... Akio is an amazing leader!

“At a meeting of top management everyone argued against the LFA. Even people in charge of R&D argued against it,” Akio says. Their objections went to the core of an opinion that had been germinating in his mind for some time.

“None of the directors at the time were interested in cars,” he says. “When I was learning to drive with Naruse, none of them would join me. Now I say everyone involved with the company must love cars. If they are not interested in cars I say they should get another job.” Clearly the LFA project held implications far beyond the car itself.
Old 06-13-14, 02:04 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

that is a very interesting line. I feel that some people in dealerships and in the corporate world are not interested in cars.
Sales people are interested in what sells and whats on the lot (for instance, not knowing that an ISF and an IS F-Sport are different things).
Factory people have been around cars for a very long time and the interest sometimes dies off. The focus goes to what sells and what doesnt sell. Exactly like what he is saying happened
Old 06-13-14, 09:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Awesome. Great read. Cannot wait for LFA 2.

Thanks for posting.
Old 06-14-14, 07:54 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

This was a really good thought out article. It was an honor meeting with Akio Toyida and talking with him even for a few minutes. I asked him about his thoughts on the GT-R and he told me that it's fast in the straight line but heavy around corners which I did agree. He also went and told me that he drove the GT-R first in pre-production form before Carlos Gohsen. LoL I also prodded him about bringing back the Supra which he said soon!
Old 06-14-14, 11:09 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Very awesome article. It appears the 2LFA won't arrive till 2030...3LFA 2050...and so on...

Last edited by Trexus; 06-14-14 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-14-14, 04:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Great highlighted line indeed. It's unfortunately true of some dealer employees and even some of my own co-workers who are simply here for a paycheck which is understandable but honestly Akio is right on the money
Old 06-15-14, 05:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexusNN
that is a very interesting line. I feel that some people in dealerships and in the corporate world are not interested in cars.
Sales people are interested in what sells and whats on the lot (for instance, not knowing that an ISF and an IS F-Sport are different things).
Factory people have been around cars for a very long time and the interest sometimes dies off. The focus goes to what sells and what doesnt sell. Exactly like what he is saying happened
Yup! Many of us have stated how some people just don't even enthusiasm for the brand. It starts from the top and Mr. Toyoda's passion is spreading. If you are not on board, GOOD BYE. We need people like this for Lexus, truly vested into the brand and want to see it succeed.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Awesome. Great read. Cannot wait for LFA 2.

Thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
This was a really good thought out article. It was an honor meeting with Akio Toyida and talking with him even for a few minutes. I asked him about his thoughts on the GT-R and he told me that it's fast in the straight line but heavy around corners which I did agree. He also went and told me that he drove the GT-R first in pre-production form before Carlos Gohsen. LoL I also prodded him about bringing back the Supra which he said soon!
Awesome post!!

Originally Posted by Trexus
Very awesome article. It appears the 2LFA won't arrive till 2030...3LFA 2050...and so on...
Let's hope we can be ready for it.

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Great highlighted line indeed. It's unfortunately true of some dealer employees and even some of my own co-workers who are simply here for a paycheck which is understandable but honestly Akio is right on the money
Sad but true, something all companies have to deal with. Since most of us are car enthusiasts that seems odd to us but its not unusual at all in the auto industry.
Old 06-20-14, 02:48 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They should make one sooner! I wouldn't be surprised if they did.