LFA Model (2012)

Where to get LFA Tumi Luggage?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-13, 11:24 AM
Khalid0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get LFA Tumi Luggage?

Does anyone know where i can buy the LFA Tumi luggage set?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-13, 07:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

my guess would be to buy an LFA... Each bag will wear the corresponding vehicle’s identification number (VIN). try the TUMI site... GL, i'm thinking only 1000 of the bags were made... 2 bags for each LFA. someone correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 09-01-13, 08:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Unless you can find someone who is selling theirs, I don't see someone who spent $400,000 on a vehicle selling the matching luggage on eBay, you'd have to buy an LFA.
Old 09-01-13, 09:01 AM
Khalid0
Driver School Candidate

Got the car, but no luggage.. so every owner here got there luggage?
Old 09-01-13, 09:51 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Khalid0
Correct....

Who ever sold you the car.. Kept the luggage..??
Old 09-01-13, 09:57 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I didn't get my luggage until several months after I took delivery of my LFA (took delivery Mar '11 and posted about the luggage Sep '11 here). I have seen other cars in dealer rooms with the luggage, so don't know if later cars were delivered with the luggage or what.

I wonder if the tumi luggage only came with US spec cars or something? Does anyone have the press releases from when they were announced?
Old 09-02-13, 10:51 AM
Khalid0
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to know the situation with other car owners. I'am pushing my Dubai dealer for the luggage, but it seems that they don't know about it. Told them to check with Japan and come back. Find the link to the press release.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/l...fiber-luggage/
Old 09-03-13, 09:00 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm I got mine within a month but the other items such as the sculpture and books took a few months.
Old 09-05-13, 10:18 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Does anyone know where i can buy the LFA Tumi luggage set?

Thanks.
From my understanding only US LFA buyers received the special LFA Tumi Luggage with their LFA. Each luggage has their specific VIN# affixed to it like this:

Old 09-05-13, 01:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to know the situation with other car owners. I'am pushing my Dubai dealer for the luggage, but it seems that they don't know about it. Told them to check with Japan and come back. Find the link to the press release.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/13/l...fiber-luggage/
isn't that all the cars in your region require to have a spare tire, which is what takes up that space?
Old 09-05-13, 02:58 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rominl
isn't that all the cars in your region require to have a spare tire, which is what takes up that space?
Usually removed out of the "Super Cars" once the owners take delivery...

But that does bring up a good question... Did Tumi only make 179 matching luggage sets for LFA's "sold" via the USA allocations ??

~ Joe Z
Old 09-05-13, 11:56 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Usually removed out of the "Super Cars" once the owners take delivery...

But that does bring up a good question... Did Tumi only make 179 matching luggage sets for LFA's "sold" via the USA allocations ??
The press release does mention that the luggage "will accompany the car in select markets, including the US and Europe". That leaves it open that some markets do not get the Tumi luggage.
Old 09-06-13, 11:05 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

http://pressroom.lexus.com/article_d...rticle_id=2048

August 12, 2010
Lexus and Tumi Partner to Create Premiere Custom Luggage for 2012 LFA Supercar
2012 Lexus LFA x Tumi large and small case 2
Leading International Travel, Business and Lifestyle Brand Designs Specialty Pieces for World-Class Lexus Model

NEW YORK – Aug. 12, 2010 – Tumi today announced its partnership with Lexus to create a premium line of travel cases customized to complement the look and feel of the 2012 LFA supercar. The dynamic style of the LFA requires a special design of Tumi luggage which will accompany the car in select markets, including the US and Europe. The vehicle identification number (VIN) corresponding with the owner’s LFA will also be inscribed on each bag to complete the exclusive experience.

Lexus approached Tumi knowing the brand’s expertise in travel, business and lifestyle would satisfy its consumers’ discerning taste. “Like Lexus, Tumi has exceptional brand heritage in performance and function, and the highest level of excellence in design,” said Jerome Griffith, president and chief executive officer for Tumi. “We are excited about the partnership with Lexus because it will further communicate Tumi’s reputation for outstanding quality and craftsmanship.”

The unique line of Tumi cases for the LFA supercar has a hybrid construction, and is styled using components that are directly related to the appearance of the car. Never before have a hard shell, aluminum and carbon fiber-like material, been used in this manner to execute special cases. The custom sizes enable the pieces to be easily packed and lifted from the cargo area. Each case is designed with a distinct purpose. The smaller “concourse” piece is proportioned to fit the essentials for track racing, including gloves and shoes, or items for a quick getaway. The larger “coastal” case is for longer trips when a change of clothes is required. Each piece has an asymmetrical retractable handle and shoulder strap as well as non-skid feet, which hold the luggage in place while the car is in motion.

“The LFA’s unparalleled, hand-built quality dovetails with Tumi’s dedication to creating excellence,” said Dave Nordstrom, Lexus vice president of marketing. “The custom luggage enhances the LFA experience and demonstrates Lexus’ dedication to making each encounter with the brand memorable.”

Initial deliveries of the Lexus LFA will begin in January 2011. LFA production is limited to 500 units worldwide, each being hand-assembled, with approximately 20 scheduled for production each month. For more information visit www.Lexus-LFA.com.

# # #

About Lexus
Lexus is the leading luxury automaker in the United States. With its reputation for high-quality products and exemplary customer service from its 228 dealers, Lexus has been the top-selling luxury automaker for ten years in a row. In addition, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader, now offering four hybrids that provide the best in innovative technology and first-class luxury. When Lexus was established in 1989, it offered two models of vehicles. Now, more than 20 years later, Lexus offers variations of 11 vehicles, from the entry-level IS 250 to its first V10 supercar, the LFA.

About Tumi
Tumi is the leading international brand of premium travel, business and lifestyle accessories. Tumi’s heritage of design excellence is one that appeals to the world’s most sophisticated and demanding consumers who choose only the best international brands to complement their unique lifestyles. Tumi’s collections reflect the skilled ability of the brand to blend style, function and premium quality in a modern and performance-focused manner. The brand is sold in more than 140 stores from New York to Paris to London and Tokyo as well as the world’s top department and specialty stores in more than 65 countries. Tumi’s success over the past three decades can be traced to its continual focus on its founding principles of design excellence, functional superiority, technical innovation, best-in-class quality and outstanding service.
Old 09-06-13, 11:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by gengar
The press release does mention that the luggage "will accompany the car in select markets, including the US and Europe". That leaves it open that some markets do not get the Tumi luggage.
Oh yeah.. that explains it right there....

Read that press release way too fast..

~ Joe Z
Old 09-10-13, 02:45 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I was told roughly 30 LFA sold in Europe. So roughly 200 sets were made.