LFA Model (2012)

Paris Hilton Pays $5,603 A Month For Her Lexus

Old 03-13-13, 12:21 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it clearly doesn't make sense to go on because you simply has no idea how luxury market works. i hope one day you are able to make "sense" of something where "sense" isn't part of the game
I know how the luxury market works, I'm making fun of how illogical it is.
Old 03-13-13, 12:25 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Maybe so....you probably kept up more on that case than I did. But, if that's the case, then the original press-releases on it were wrong. We even had a couple of threads on it here.
i don't think there was press release, a lot of paparazzi posts and i wouldn't believe in half of what they say anyway. and the threads here, i think they were corrected very early on
Old 03-13-13, 03:41 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
It makes no sense that rich people hold the S550 in such high regard prestige wise when lightly used examples can be bought by practically anyone. Yet the rich spend $1500+ a month just so they can be seen in what they think is an exclusive and expensive car. It's a false pursuit.
1, Used S550 for the price of a new Camry is far from lightly used, I just did a search on autotrader for S550 under $30k, they average 85k miles.

2, Where a Camry can go 200k miles without any major repair, a S550 is done at 80k miles, huge repair bills are expected every year after that.

So if you spend $30k on a S550 vs. new Camry, on the S550, you would get 10k miles of repair free driving if you are lucky. Camry you get 200k miles. You see the difference?

Unless you just plan to parked the S550 in the garage for decoration and never drive it. The difference in operating cost of a $30k used S550 and a brand new Camry is huge. It still cost way more to drive a S550.

People that pay $1500 a month initially are paying for a trouble free new car with zero repair cost.
Old 03-13-13, 05:21 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BNR34
1, Used S550 for the price of a new Camry is far from lightly used, I just did a search on autotrader for S550 under $30k, they average 85k miles.
I'm seeing ~50k miles for $35k.

2, Where a Camry can go 200k miles without any major repair, a S550 is done at 80k miles, huge repair bills are expected every year after that.

So if you spend $30k on a S550 vs. new Camry, on the S550, you would get 10k miles of repair free driving if you are lucky. Camry you get 200k miles. You see the difference?
What happened to all the talk of "German engineering" and the S-class being "the best car in the world" and Mercedeses being "built like tanks"? How does a car that costs $100,000 new become "done" at just $80k miles? It makes purchasing such a car even more of a joke.

Unless you just plan to parked the S550 in the garage for decoration and never drive it. The difference in operating cost of a $30k used S550 and a brand new Camry is huge. It still cost way more to drive a S550.

People that pay $1500 a month initially are paying for a trouble free new car with zero repair cost.
True, but a good chunk of the reason for why they're paying $1500/mo is decoration as well.
Old 03-13-13, 05:51 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm seeing ~50k miles for $35k.
Sure for East coast cars, they worth less because they are in much worse condition due to the weather.

What happened to all the talk of "German engineering" and the S-class being "the best car in the world" and Mercedeses being "built like tanks"? How does a car that costs $100,000 new become "done" at just $80k miles? It makes purchasing such a car even more of a joke.
Cars became too electronic intensive, Europeans just don't know how to make long lasting electronics.

True, but a good chunk of the reason for why they're paying $1500/mo is decoration as well.
Well true, most people just want the image. But the car itself do offer a lot more compare to a Camry for people that understand and appreciate.

I understand what you are trying to say To me, the extra cost of a S550 compare to a LS460L is not worth it, because they basically offer the same thing. But the extra cost of a LS460L over a Camry is worth every penny, every penny extra does buy you something extra

Sure no one "needs" a $400k LFA, but for people who can afford it, they do provide a lot of fun, on top of the image
Old 03-13-13, 06:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Interesting, that means Paris Hilton don't have a huge sum of cash, she must just get a monthly allowance for her to blow on whatever she feels lilke.

That make sense, limit her spending so she can't blow it all at once.
Paris Hilton makes ton of money, or at least she did before... i remember reading 2-3 years ago that she made $25 million in profits for that year from business activities like her perfume, etc. People underestimate her a lot.

ah, here we go: :-)

'm involved in my products every step of the way. My fragrances are doing really well at the moment," Hilton tells FHM UK's January issue. "They've produced more than $1.3 billion in revenue since 2005."
"I have 35 stores and 17 product lines. And then there's my racing team, my 14 fragrances and my new project, the Paris Hilton Beach Club chain. The first one is opening in the Philippines soon. It's going to have nightclubs, restaurants, bars, gyms. Everything really."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...#ixzz2NTQ7tIWB
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
Old 03-13-13, 10:18 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Burns, I don't know where you are finding s550s or ls460s for 24 grand that are lightly used. They cheapest one with 100k miles are still going for high 20s low 30s, which is a lot of money. Not only that, I highly doubt that someone who would even consider buying a car like that could afford to run them. If you are driving a car like that, you're probably well off and there is nothing wrong with that. If you can afford it why not? Are you saying that a doctor, lawyer, or business person shouldn't drive a nicer car because its illogical? Maybe they thought that by working hard, they could get what they wanted. I'm sure many people on here who own mentioned cars did so because it was worth it to them, not to try to show someone up. Also what is you're argument for someone who keeps their luxury car for a long time? If you are driving an s550 that you bought new in 2007 still today, I doubt you're trying to show off your wealth, but instead own the car because you enjoy it. Many wealthy people are where they are because they worked their asses off, God forbid they buy something to reward themselves for what they have accomplished.
Old 03-14-13, 12:31 AM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gray_es300
Burns, I don't know where you are finding s550s or ls460s for 24 grand that are lightly used. They cheapest one with 100k miles are still going for high 20s low 30s, which is a lot of money. Not only that, I highly doubt that someone who would even consider buying a car like that could afford to run them. If you are driving a car like that, you're probably well off and there is nothing wrong with that. If you can afford it why not? Are you saying that a doctor, lawyer, or business person shouldn't drive a nicer car because its illogical? Maybe they thought that by working hard, they could get what they wanted. I'm sure many people on here who own mentioned cars did so because it was worth it to them, not to try to show someone up. Also what is you're argument for someone who keeps their luxury car for a long time? If you are driving an s550 that you bought new in 2007 still today, I doubt you're trying to show off your wealth, but instead own the car because you enjoy it. Many wealthy people are where they are because they worked their asses off, God forbid they buy something to reward themselves for what they have accomplished.
Like I said, I'm seeing 50k miles for $35k. Now assuming the buyer is wealthy, they can buy an even lower mileage and cleaner S550 for half the cost of new. So I guess I'm wondering that wealth or no wealth, why not make the sensible decision and purchase used a car that is among the fastest depreciating in the world. It's no less of a reward. Though perhaps some of these people have so much money that $100k or the loss of $50k through depreciation in a couple of years is chump change.
Old 03-21-13, 07:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default Paris Hilton Pays $5,603 A Month For Her Lexus

Originally Posted by Jason Torchinsky of Jalopnik

First of all, there's no way to leave this story feeling good, really. Sorry about that. So, apparently a whole cache of Paris Hilton's personal financial information was leaked online, and one of the voyeuristic treats in there was information about her car loan, through Toyota. I know you're probably thinking "that's for her Yaris, right?" but it's actually for her one-of-500 Lexus LFA supercar. Which seems to have started as a birthday present? A birthday present she's paying over five grand a month for.

I don't keep up too much with Ms.Hilton's doings, but it seems the car was a present from a boyfriend she's no longer with, and I assume some well-paid lawyers made an agreement for her to take over the payments or something. Who knows. The important thing here is the strange feeling you get in your stomach knowing that there's a person out there of colossal privilege who's paying much much more per month for an incredible supercar she'll never use to its potential than I pay for my house every month.

Though, in many ways, this leak is sort of perfect for an LFA owner like Paris Hilton. I don't really have anything against her, but let's face it, she's not likely to need a 202 mph supercar, um, ever. Honestly , not many people do. The whole point of her ownership of the car is to reinforce economic status, so this really is perfect. Now everyone knows, in hard numbers, that she's paying $5603/month for 60 months, and she still owes $214,384 on the car. There. Mission accomplished. Those specs are far more relvant than 552 HP and 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

Okay. I'm going to stare out my window and reflect on things now.
Source: Jalopnik

via: Celebritycarsblog
Old 03-21-13, 11:17 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a mortgage for a nice house.
Old 03-21-13, 04:02 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Interesting, that means Paris Hilton don't have a huge sum of cash, she must just get a monthly allowance for her to blow on whatever she feels lilke.
Ya, and that's scary. I can't imagine paying interest on something like this.
Old 03-21-13, 05:10 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Wonder why she doesn't just pay it in full, a nightclub appearance or two will be able to pay for that $200k balance.
Old 03-21-13, 06:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

this is probably on an interest rate of what, 4% give or take? if she is smart with money (or more like her trust fund), it's very easy to have return of more than 4%. if that's the case, why pay full?
Old 03-21-13, 08:09 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

What I find funny is that Lexus communicated to the public that you could either take the 2 year lease or buy it outright on day 1

Her 5 year loan says BS to that story from Lexus
Old 03-22-13, 06:11 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

As far as I’m concern she can do whatever she likes with her money... I didn’t make it for her or her parents. I always find it funny how people talk about how they can purchase this or that car used for this price. Who cares! Go get one then...
Kind like when I first purchase my CL550 this guy comes over to me at the gas station talking my head off. “How much did your car cost you? 50k” Me: Smile “I know your car payment is high, what is it $600.00.
Me: I polite told the dude seriously this car is over 100k and my car payment are 1300 a month now beat it...
Yes, my car payment is some people house payment and yes I know it was going to depreciate. It’s a car. I had the previous CL550 so I know. I’m blessed.
But don’t come tell me about what you can purchase now, **** I have had my car for over 5 years.
Even your lady depreciates after 5 years. Why didn’t you wait another 5 years to holla at her?

Last edited by rogers2; 03-22-13 at 10:33 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Paris Hilton Pays $5,603 A Month For Her Lexus