LFA Model (2012)

Top Gear Magazine: Jeremy Clarkson "[LFA] still the best car I have ever driven"

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-13, 08:46 PM
mokeboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Really?? That article (including the new Top Gear episode of the LFA that I took the quote for my signature from it) sounds like mocking to you??? That is some great stuff you must be taking.

Top Gear Episode 2 Season 19

"If I were given a choice of picking one car out of all the cars that have ever existed, I would pick a dark blue LFA over any other. That is how much I love this car."
Yes! If you actually watch the show and pay attention to the underlying message of what they are saying! The show is full of sarcastic humor! Besides, how many times has he said "it's the best car IN THE WORLD!" Ha,ha! Besides, he owns a Ford GT.
I love the car, but it is not without its faults! Do t be mad, be glad! Ha!
Old 02-25-13, 09:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

No, you can just take a very positive comment and simply twist into some crazy non-existent sarcastic rhetoric using some imagination.

Only a silly argument like that would trascend a mind who cannot see the rational explanation behind a claim and figure out whether it is a sarcastic comment or it is a genuinely serious praise.

Sorry, I am not that stupid since I would have to be very logically and rationally stupid (or a biased hater) to make the leap in order to interpret these comments as "sarcastic".

"Then you fire the engine up. Snick it into first, move off and... whoa! The noise beggars belief. This is not a car that shouts, growls or barks. It howls. Up there, on the moors, it sounded otherworldly. Like a werewolf that puts its foot in a gin tap."

"I have to say I absolutely love it. It is an intelligent car built by intelligent people. In some ways it is raw and visceral: In others it is a lesson in common sense. Engine at the front, two seats in the middle and a boot you can use. Despite all of this, there is a sense that you are in a real, full-on race car."

"The word immediate was invented for the throttle response of this car....and the steering, and the gearbox and just about everything else"

"The LFA inspires tremendous confidence. Then up ahead, Gouge marks in the tarmac show clearly over the years, many a sump have clattered into the road and you brace for impact that never comes. The LFA maybe lower than a worm's navel, but so successful is the suspension, it never bottoms out".

p.s. Welcome to 2013, he sold the Ford GT shortly after he bought way back in July, 2005. He never kept it.

Originally Posted by mokeboi
Yes! If you actually watch the show and pay attention to the underlying message of what they are saying! The show is full of sarcastic humor! Besides, how many times has he said "it's the best car IN THE WORLD!" Ha,ha! Besides, he owns a Ford GT.
I love the car, but it is not without its faults! Do t be mad, be glad! Ha!

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-25-13 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-26-13, 11:53 PM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

I am picking a copy of TG mag the local version this afternoon.
Old 02-27-13, 09:03 AM
aQuarius26
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aQuarius26
Anyone know if this is this the current issue (on newsstands now), a past issue, or a future issue?

I hear Barnes & Noble carries them, and I'd like to pick up a copy if it isn't too late...
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
It is the February 2013 edition.

It is (or will be shortly) available at the newstand so you can pick it up.
Originally Posted by DOC4LEX
I am picking a copy of TG mag the local version this afternoon.
Lucky!

The Barnes & Nobel stores in the Denver area ALL still have the January edition on their shelves and have yet to receive this issue
Old 02-27-13, 11:08 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Capped it ! Now for a quite good old fashion mag reader.
Attached Thumbnails Top Gear Magazine: Jeremy Clarkson "[LFA] still the best car I have ever driven"-image.jpg  

Last edited by DOC4LEX; 02-27-13 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-24-13, 01:31 PM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Where's the rest of the story?

It ends at the snowplough depot?

Fail.
Old 07-29-13, 10:58 AM
luckyLFA
Driver School Candidate

That Jeremy Clarkson Made my uncle cry!!!! my uncle owns a white LFA and when I showed him this, he knew he bought the right car
Old 07-30-13, 11:17 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by luckyLFA
That Jeremy Clarkson Made my uncle cry!!!! my uncle owns a white LFA and when I showed him this, he knew he bought the right car
Videos and pictures please!
Old 08-01-13, 02:38 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Your uncle must feel great honor in owning an LFA .
Old 02-04-15, 01:04 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

have you been in it? what do you think of it?