LFA Model (2012)

Busy weekend for the Lexus LFA #032

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 09:57 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Henry, you should've popped the hood in your NSX so everyone can take a peak at the engine
that's the funny thing, there is no engine under the "hood"

i think it's two quite different crowds looking at the cars. truth is, aside from the location of the engine, the nsx engine isn't really anything spectacular to look at nowadays, so to speak. most people who talked to me about the nsx, they talk about the history and the kind of impact that car has done. and most importantly, they asked about the drive-ability, as in daily driven, of the car.

whereas when it comes to the lfa, it's much newer and rarer, so people ask more about the constructions and details
Old 12-22-12, 12:30 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome pics - Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-22-12, 03:13 PM
AlexBG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the LFA's
Old 12-22-12, 06:33 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

thanx for sharing rominl. the exhaust sound check was crazy. not being bias because i'm a lexus owner but IMO the LFA sounded the best. the Lambo sounded deep throatish (no pun intended). out of all the cars the LFA would be my choice. are all the LFA keys in CF?
Old 12-22-12, 07:57 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think it's right to have NSX next to the LFA on those pictures.. NSX is outdated Period. They need to release the new NSX hurry!
Old 12-22-12, 08:00 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thanx for sharing rominl. the exhaust sound check was crazy. not being bias because i'm a lexus owner but IMO the LFA sounded the best. the Lambo sounded deep throatish (no pun intended). out of all the cars the LFA would be my choice. are all the LFA keys in CF?
Only one key is carbon fiber. The others are basic Lexus keys that look like Lexus made them in the 90's based upon the few I've seen.
Old 12-22-12, 08:01 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
I dont think it's right to have NSX next to the LFA on those pictures.. NSX is outdated Period. They need to release the new NSX hurry!
I still think the 02-05 NSX's are still very beautiful to look at.
Old 12-23-12, 07:45 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

who asked your opinion you should go set up your own photo shoot with the LFA next to whatever makes you happy
Old 12-23-12, 09:52 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
oh i don't think it's even close. the lfa sound is very refined, the pitch is perfect. the only other car i would compare to would be the porsche gt. the aventador is raw but that's about it. and the cool thing about the lfa? the sound outside and inside the car are very similar, so you get the enjoy it either way

interesting you say that coz' at various occasions when i brought both cars, i chatted with a lot of enthusiasts and some commented how modern the nsx still look today on exterior (interior is another story). the whole concept behind this weekend was to put two japanese supercars / exotics (at their times) together and see how people compare / appreciate them. lfa will crush the nsx in any performance category by a big margin now, but in some way it's like saying it's stupid to put the toyota 2000gt by the lfa for a picture (which someone did before).
Old 12-24-12, 07:17 PM
MikeyK02
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
interesting you say that coz' at various occasions when i brought both cars, i chatted with a lot of enthusiasts and some commented how modern the nsx still look today on exterior (interior is another story). the whole concept behind this weekend was to put two japanese supercars / exotics (at their times) together and see how people compare / appreciate them. lfa will crush the nsx in any performance category by a big margin now, but in some way it's like saying it's stupid to put the toyota 2000gt by the lfa for a picture (which someone did before).
As much as I love the LFA, I personally think the NSX holds its own. Which may be why I'm looking for another one

Thanks for posting pictures
Old 12-24-12, 10:09 PM
BrandonIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
LFA has the sexier *** and sounds better.

If only I had a girlfriend that was the same way
Old 12-24-12, 11:52 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

wow these pictures are so nice. thanks for sharing!! would be quite the thing to see all those beautiful cars right beside each other like that. very envious.
Old 01-01-13, 12:39 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by MikeyK02
As much as I love the LFA, I personally think the NSX holds its own. Which may be why I'm looking for another one

Thanks for posting pictures
well there is a reason why i am driving a nsx too

but i think it's just about telling great engineering in two very different time stamps, that's the significance
Old 01-03-13, 09:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Which one is yours ?

The NSX still looks good next to the LFA even though it's a much older design Thanks for the pictures

Last edited by Gojirra99; 01-03-13 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-03-13, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Which one is yours ?

The NSX still looks good next to the LFA even though it's a much older design Thanks for the pictures
lol, i am not a poseur and i don't pretend to own something i don't so the nsx is mine, the lfa was just a loaner

thanks for the thumb up, hopefully more interesting stuff coming!

Quick Reply: Busy weekend for the Lexus LFA #032