LFA Model (2012)

Top Gear Live 2012 Supercar Parade w/Lexus LFA

Old 11-07-12, 12:39 PM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Top Gear Live 2012 Supercar Parade w/Lexus LFA

Very sweet video of a bunch of supercars for Top Gear's upcoming episodes?

Old 11-07-12, 01:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i probably would have fainted around all that beautiful metal.

#1 LFA
#2 MB GTR
#3 Pagani
#4 Morgan
$5 Lambo

my top 5
Old 11-07-12, 08:09 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Thanks for posting.

I would not be surprised if this was the list of cars for the next season. Previously, Clarkson had admittedly distanced himself from the LFA because of the Lexus badge.

Now that he has driven it and absolutely loved it, he might have lobbied to bring the car back.
Old 11-07-12, 08:17 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I really wanted to know if any of them would've picked the LFA.

This is so ironic, all the haters say the LFA is just made up of Toyota parts bin badged to a Lexus...and sadly its always among the ranks of exotics like the ones in the video.
Old 11-08-12, 03:26 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i cant wait to see the next season TG were JC will drives the LFA
Old 11-08-12, 03:56 PM
DarkShadow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Thanks for posting.

I would not be surprised if this was the list of cars for the next season. Previously, Clarkson had admittedly distanced himself from the LFA because of the Lexus badge.

Now that he has driven it and absolutely loved it, he might have lobbied to bring the car back.
Yeah,

He initially did not have a lot of praise for the LFA, but it's good to know that he has seen the light and gotten past his non-European vehicle bias.
Old 11-09-12, 08:07 AM
SdevR34
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys, Clarkson really did praise the LFA and I am sure if I remember correctly he chose it as his favourite, It would have been my choice too, gorgeous looking car.!
BTW, I took the video
Old 11-09-12, 05:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SdevR34
Hi Guys, Clarkson really did praise the LFA and I am sure if I remember correctly he chose it as his favourite, It would have been my choice too, gorgeous looking car.!
BTW, I took the video
Clarkson called Lexus LFA his favorite supercar there??

HALLELUJAH!!

Thanks for taking the video. Do you know any chance, if LFA will be featured again in the next season???
Old 11-10-12, 12:56 AM
SdevR34
Driver School Candidate

Hi mate, yeah he kept going back to it saying how impressed he was. The final video I shot was edited as there was a lot of chat and got a bit boring, but I know I filmed him saying that. So I was searching for the raw footage but I must of binned it after the final version. Hammond went for the Mustang, I can't remember what May chose but I am certain Clarkson went for the LFA.
I wouldn't like to say for sure if it is to be featured in the next TG, but he did say he had recently tested it, so based on that I would say so.
Old 11-10-12, 11:41 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the detail man.

Yes, we posted his review in sunday times a couple of months back and was gushing over it. I really hope he does a video of it since Top Gear is very good at making entertaining videos.

Originally Posted by SdevR34
Hi mate, yeah he kept going back to it saying how impressed he was. The final video I shot was edited as there was a lot of chat and got a bit boring, but I know I filmed him saying that. So I was searching for the raw footage but I must of binned it after the final version. Hammond went for the Mustang, I can't remember what May chose but I am certain Clarkson went for the LFA.
I wouldn't like to say for sure if it is to be featured in the next TG, but he did say he had recently tested it, so based on that I would say so.
Old 11-10-12, 04:00 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Watch "Part 8" on YouTube. Hammond chose the Morgan, May initially chose the LFA then changed his mind, and Clarkson chose the LFA with great praise. Thanks for the original post!
Old 11-10-12, 08:43 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lunaC42
Watch "Part 8" on YouTube. Hammond chose the Morgan, May initially chose the LFA then changed his mind, and Clarkson chose the LFA with great praise. Thanks for the original post!
Yeah, Clarkson called it "a spectacularly superb car" and Hammond asked him "do you really think this car is 5 times better than the Nissan GTR??" (interestingly, this is the question Clarkson originally asked Hammond when TopGear featured the LFA) and Clarkson replied "yes, it is!".
Old 11-10-12, 11:14 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yeah, Clarkson called it "a spectacularly superb car" and Hammond asked him "do you really think this car is 5 times better than the Nissan GTR??" (interestingly, this is the question Clarkson originally asked Hammond when TopGear featured the LFA) and Clarkson replied "yes, it is!".

I already knew it in my heart but vindication is sweet.
Old 11-12-12, 04:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Found the video by a different poster.

You can see Clarkson, May and Hammond discussing their most favorite exotic supercars. Clarkson mentions how 2 years ago he refused to drive the LFA.

Clarkson and May picked the Lexus LFA as their most favorite car and Hammond picked the Morgan. Clarkson also replies to Hammond that he believes LFA feels 5 times better than the Nissan GTR (which originally Clarkson asked Hammond 2 years ago in the TG show).

Quite a 180 from 2 years ago when Clarkson said "Honestly, I cannot understand what Lexus was thinking when they made this car".

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 11-12-12 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-12-12, 05:11 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

At about 7:18 in that last video, they're filming something again in a few weeks on the LFA. Did I hear that right? LFA on Top Gear again without the "But it's a Lexus!" comments?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top Gear Live 2012 Supercar Parade w/Lexus LFA