LFA Model (2012)

LFA vs NSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-12, 03:41 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Car & Driver? Fair? lol, ok! These are the guys that choose BMW over everything. Since I started reading them they've been that way. They only just started to look at the wrongness in their ways in choosing clearly better cars overall than the 'drivers' BMW.
Old 07-25-12, 03:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Car & Driver? Fair? lol, ok! These are the guys that choose BMW over everything. Since I started reading them they've been that way. They only just started to look at the wrongness in their ways in choosing clearly better cars overall than the 'drivers' BMW.
Wrong. I can post several comparisons where BMW lost. There were atleast a couple where BMW M5 lost as well.

They are not perfect, but better than any other American publication.
Old 07-25-12, 03:53 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Sometimes you stomp on the throttle and the car goes right with the traction control lights blinking"

Well duh, all that means is that you're stomping on the throttle at the wrong time, and had you stomped on the throttle with traction control off you would've likely gone into a skid/drift (if you're skillful enough).

It takes a special skill to drive a 550 HP car. You can't "stomp on the throttle" all *****-nilly and just expect the car to be planted on the road. It doesn't work like that.

Seriously, a car that "doesn't inspire confidence" in the twisties would never be able to achieve such a high Nurburgring time as the LFA did.
Old 07-25-12, 04:03 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Wrong. I can post several comparisons where BMW lost. There were atleast a couple where BMW M5 lost as well.

They are not perfect, but better than any other American publication.
You take things way too seriously. C&D were known to be BMW lovers. It's funny you deny this. I said recently they've changed their stance. But for a very long time you could pick up a comparo magazine and you already knew the outcome if there was a BMW in it. Don't pick and choose certain non-victories, over the course of many years it was BMW BMW BMW. Don't think because they aren't MT that they don't play favorites. That's what I'm saying.
Old 07-25-12, 04:21 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Now that I have seen it, it is absolutely aweful! It was worse than I thought it would be. Full of inaccuracies, assumptions and excuses for his limited driving skills. He did not even pretend to be rational and objective.

The only thing I agree with him is how LFA's grip is not that good thanks to the absolutely horrendous tires Lexus put on the LFA.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 07-25-12 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 04:45 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Rolla, with all due respect you haven't driven an LFA. For you to have any opinion on the way it is supposd to drive is absolutely ridiculous.
Old 07-25-12, 05:11 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

That's like comparing a ford tempo to a Ferrari California!
Ford Taurus motor vs V10 LEXUS motor!!!!!
In my opinion he is out of his mind.
NSX is cool, but don't even try to compare to a $250,000 car!
Old 07-25-12, 06:18 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
to me (and i am being honest here), it sounds like he's not good enough to handle high power cars. i am used to cars like m3, isf, m5, and i have no problem performing pretty well in those cars, knowing how to push them without going over the top.

however the first time when i drove the lfa, it did get the better of me. car was really fast, super sensitive throttle and revving, and coupled with the dynamics, etc... it did take some time to get used to.

as they say, you need to be bigger than your car in order to really drive it. otherwise, of course the car seems to be going everywhere (out of control)

Bigger than your car, never heard that but it's an excellent expression.
Old 07-25-12, 06:19 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyMPG
I thought it was enjoyable. The driver obviously like the more mechanical feel of the NSX which I don't fault him for, but the LFA is the new generation although they didn't use the best transmission IMO. Good fun video nonetheless!
Lol agree completely. Guys kill me with this 'world is ending' stuff anytime sometime doesn't put on their knee pads for the LFA. Moaning about the comparison, why? he wasn't comparing the cars to one another. He picked two out of the four to review and spoke about their individual characteristics and what he liked or didn't like. Personal preference. Heaven forbid somebody have one.

Yes the argument about having a skill level to drive a 500+hp car is valid, BUT guess what, most don't have those skills so you put a 'regular' guy in the drivers seat and his review will be more in line with reality for you. So why discount it?

I wonder how many reviewers that can afford the LFA actually went out and bought one after the experience of driving it. Jay Leno wasn't blown away after his experience to where he said he had to have one and I don't recall him saying it was the "best drive ever" (I could be wrong but I just remember anticipating his review and was let down by how lukewarm it was).

He had his issues with the car and he had his pleasures, relax, the world will go on.
Old 07-25-12, 06:22 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Lol agree completely. Guys kill me with this 'world is ending' stuff anytime sometime doesn't put on their knee pads for the LFA. Moaning about the comparison, why? he wasn't comparing the cars to one another. He picked two out of the four to review and spoke about their individual characteristics and what he liked or didn't like. Personal preference. Heaven forbid somebody have one.

Yes the argument about having a skill level to drive a 500+hp car is valid, BUT guess what, most don't have those skills so you put a 'regular' guy in the drivers seat and his review will be more in line with reality for you. So why discount it?

I wonder how many reviewers that can afford the LFA actually went out and bought one after the experience of driving it. Jay Leno wasn't blown away after his experience to where he said he had to have one and I don't recall him saying it was the "best drive ever" (I could be wrong but I just remember anticipating his review and was let down by how lukewarm it was).

He had his issues with the car and he had his pleasures, relax, the world will go on.
I completely agree. Some members are in disbelief that negativity is part of an objective take on anything.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 07-25-12 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 06:40 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Let's keep it civil and focused on the review, not the persons commenting on the review.
Old 07-25-12, 06:46 PM
lunaC42
Driver

"COMPROMISES" with the LFA? Are you kidding???

"A little cartoonish"?

"Not inspiring confidence"?

This fat **** just doesn't know how to drive...
Old 07-25-12, 06:50 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Should he really be demonized for HIS experience and HIS opinion no matter how much people disagree with him? At this point we would be arguing opinions and not get anywhere. He actually drove the car to come up with the conclusions he has.

Last edited by jpvarghese; 07-25-12 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-25-12, 07:07 PM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

After watching this... the first thing that comes to mind is: Who the hell hired this guy to critique these cars?

The fact that he even had the opportunity to drive an LFA is upsetting.
Old 07-25-12, 07:08 PM
lunaC42
Driver

Sorry, but SERIOUSLY? The NSX is a fine car, no doubt and no complaints.

BUT. I drive an LFA every weekend plus. Yes, scary. Awesome. Always where I point it. Fantastic. Amazing. Thrilling. Do me. Never wrong. Never complains. Reliable. REALLY FREAKIN' FAST. Goes where I tell it to go. The faster I go the nore tightly it sticks to the road. Despite the tires you whine about. WOW IT SOUNDS FANTASTIC! See you in the tunnels. No really, the downshift is unreal. **** and moan, haters hate. WORTH EVERY FREAKIN' PENNY!

Quick Reply: LFA vs NSX