LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA “Special Edition” Prototype Spied On The ‘Ring

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-12, 07:32 PM
wickedsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

As for the LF-LC, they said it will be a V6 mated to a hybrid.
Awww that sucks, was hoping for a little more from it.

Last edited by wickedsc3; 06-26-12 at 07:38 PM.
Old 06-26-12, 07:35 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Guys I'm pretty sure that the new exhaust configuration has something to do with it sounding different. Current LFA V-10 still sounds significantly different than existing DOHC V-10 by BMW, Audi/Lambo. Much of that was due to the exhaust tuning done by yamaha. It sounded like a V-10 to me.
Old 06-26-12, 08:45 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

interesting color. I dig it
Old 06-27-12, 07:52 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Lexus LFA - Final Edition

Google Translated:

Lexus LF-A Final Edition
... and enables significantly more downforce on the rear axle - thanks to the extra traction and many other detail improvements to circumnavigate the Lexus LFA, the Nürburgring Nordschleife in little more than seven minutes to
At the end of the production of the Lexus LFA announce recent Erlkönig an extremely sharp images with sophisticated aerodynamics Final Edition

Settings
It is all over the world have no place to experiment more popular sports cars as the Nurburgring Nordschleife - the automaker also have long known from the U.S. and Japan and give their sports car as the world-renowned experts at the Nordschleife tested seal of approval of a vote.

Lexus LFA FINAL EDITION 2012: Erlkonig CAUGHT ON NÜRBURGRING
So it comes as no surprise that our Erlkönig-hunters have a prototype yet sporty Lexus of all time just around the Nurburgring caught Nordschleife: The Lexus LFA Final Edition represents the end of the year, the culmination of from the beginning to 500 units limited edition super sports car Toyota subsidiary dar.

Compared with the addition of spoilers also drawn Nurburgring edition of the LFA are additional openings in the bonnet and the fully modified exhaust system in the eye. The new position of the tailpipes is likely to help especially the diffuser to more effective, because this could now be made even more radical.

More car-theme: The free newsletter of AUTOZEITUNG

Probably as a Lexus LFA Tokyo Special Edition models will be marketed a little easier and will of course have the V10 a few more horsepower to be coaxed - with which the power of 600 hp Lexus brand coming dangerously close. For the Nurburgring promise these changes an even better lap time of just over seven minutes.
Benny Hiltscher
Source: AutoZietung

Original:

Lexus LF-A Final Edition
... und ermöglicht so deutlich mehr Anpressdruck an der Hinterachse – dank der zusätzlichen Traktion und vielen weiteren Detail-Verbesserungen soll der Lexus LFA die Nordschleife des Nürburgrings in kaum mehr als sieben Minuten umrunden können
Zum Abschluss der Produktion des Lexus LFA kündigen jüngste Erlkönig-Bilder eine extrem scharfe Final Edition mit ausgefeilter Aerodynamik an

Einstellungen
Es gibt auf der ganzen Welt keinen beliebteren Platz zum Erproben sportlicher Fahrzeuge als die Nordschleife des Nürburgrings – das wissen längst auch Autobauer aus den USA und Japan und verschaffen ihren Sportwagen so das bei Kennern weltweit anerkannte Gütesiegel einer Nordschleifen-erprobten Abstimmung.

LEXUS LFA FINAL EDITION 2012: ERLKÖNIG AM NÜRBURGRING ERWISCHT
Insofern überrascht es auch nicht, dass unsere Erlkönig-Jäger einen Prototypen des bisher sportlichsten Lexus aller Zeiten ausgerechnet im Umfeld der Nürburgring Nordschleife erwischt haben: Die Lexus LFA Final Edition stellt gegen Ende des Jahres den krönenden Abschluss des von Beginn an auf 500 Einheiten limitierten Supersportlers der Toyota-Tochter dar.

Im Vergleich mit der ebenfalls von Zusatzspoilern gezeichneten Nürburgring Edition des LFA fallen zusätzliche Öffnungen in der Motorhaube und die völlig geänderte Abgasanlage ins Auge. Die neue Position der Endrohre soll vermutlich vor allem dem Diffusor zu mehr Wirksamkeit verhelfen, denn dieser konnte nun noch radikaler gestaltet werden.

Mehr Auto-Themen: Der kostenlose Newsletter der AUTO ZEITUNG

Die vermutlich als Lexus LFA Tokyo Edition vermarkteten Sondermodelle sollen noch etwas leichter werden und natürlich sollen auch dem V10 noch ein paar weitere Pferdestärken entlockt werden – womit der Power-Lexus der 600 PS-Marke bedrohlich nahe kommt. Für den Nürburgring versprechen diese Änderungen eine nochmals verbesserte Rundenzeit von nur noch knapp über sieben Minuten.
Benny Hiltscher

Last edited by flipside909; 06-27-12 at 07:56 AM.
Old 06-27-12, 08:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Thanks flipside.
Old 06-27-12, 10:54 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my guess that it'd be called a Final or Tokyo edition. Maybe some michelin tires, or some better bridgestones. I'll see if there is branding on the tires. Nurburgring times just over 7 minutes. I'd expect that. They feel the Nurburgring edition can do a 7:12, so with a bit more downforce, power and tire they surely can knock 10 seconds off that time.
Old 06-27-12, 03:26 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Thanks for posting this.
Is it just me or it seems that the howling V10 rev is missing as the car entered (downshift) and exited the corners? The sound is kind of flat.
Old 06-28-12, 03:51 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Thanks flip for that translation
Old 06-28-12, 07:18 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I think this is going to be a fabulous car. 600+ HP from a small V10 naturally aspirated and 7:00 Nurburgring lap time is all FTW! It will probably be lighter as well than the LFA and LFA NE.

I think the Nurburgring edition with 563 HP should have been the base LFA and this as the hardcore track edition.
Old 06-28-12, 07:27 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

I think this is going to be a fabulous car. 600+ HP from a small V10 naturally aspirated and 7:00 Nurburgring lap time is all FTW! It will probably be lighter as well than the LFA and LFA NE.

I think the Nurburgring edition with 563 HP should have been the base LFA and this as the hardcore track edition.
This sounds like the LFA to have. I hope it does not go over 500K. I wonder how many would be made available?
Old 06-28-12, 07:34 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

This sounds like the LFA to have. I hope it does not go over 500K. I wonder how many would be made available?
Hope Lexus will reveal some details soon. Are you still content with your current order or you might change it up a bit??
Old 06-28-12, 08:02 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Hope Lexus will reveal some details soon. Are you still content with your current order or you might change it up a bit??
I think I will try to trade up , if the asking price is not too high, i.e. similar to Nurburgring Ed minus the track usage would be reasonable. dream on....
Old 06-28-12, 08:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i doubt they would say anything before the current ones are all sold out and delivered
Old 06-28-12, 08:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I think I will try to trade up , if the asking price is not too high, i.e. similar to Nurburgring Ed minus the track usage would be reasonable. dream on....
It would really be for bragging rights and for the additional aura and presence due to those aggressive aero parts, really. Unless, one plans on tracking it a lot, the standard LFA might be the one to have for occassional spirited driving and tracking.

BTW, next month a white Nurburgring edition is due to arrive in Calgary, AB. Maybe, you can try your luck at that one (not that I want to since I would like that white Nurburgring edition to stay in Calgary).

I think the price tag on the AD-A would be quite hefty and they would market it as the ultimate Nurburgring racer that is faster than any production car on that track.

Originally Posted by rominl
i doubt they would say anything before the current ones are all sold out and delivered
I agree. I think this seems something in addition to the 500 LFA and LFA NE. Lexus would probably reveal the details some time this fall since it is still undergoing testing and tuning so it still has quite a ways to go before the product is finalized.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 06-28-12 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-28-12, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

not a good idea. not all lfa are delivered by fall so people can still back out. lexus already has enough lfa to get rid of now, more "new" lfa information is just going to mess up their own market more.

but at the same time i guess it also depends on price. if it's going to be north of 500k, that's a whole different story and not necessarily something regular lfa owner would just go like that and say switch

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA “Special Edition” Prototype Spied On The ‘Ring