LFA Model (2012)

Pearl Red LFA #022 in Richmond, BC to be modded!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-12, 09:26 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Pearl Red LFA #022 in Richmond, BC to be modded!

Just found out that the pearl red LFA #022 will be modded. Can't wait to see what mods will be added.

link: http://www.srautogroup.com/2012/04/2...a-goes-public/
Old 05-02-12, 09:59 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Throw some turbos on it!! hahaha

Wasnt that company in Cali suppose to modify 3 Ring edition models? They had a big event and everything for it( i remember seeing a thread about it). But I haven't heard anything since.
Old 05-02-12, 10:27 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

sweet, this can get things even more interesting
Old 05-02-12, 10:30 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
Throw some turbos on it!! hahaha

Wasnt that company in Cali suppose to modify 3 Ring edition models? They had a big event and everything for it( i remember seeing a thread about it). But I haven't heard anything since.
I say keep it N/A and modify the heck out of it. I just want to see how much crazier LFA engine can get.

It says "we are about to take on the au courant of the supercars. Buckle up". That means it probably will be pit against other cars.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-02-12 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-02-12, 11:16 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

^ i doubt they will do anything crazy. some new wheels, possibly lower stance, and some tasteful accents. i'll pop over at the end of the week and find out what kind of mods they plan on doing...
Old 05-02-12, 11:24 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
^ i doubt they will do anything crazy. some new wheels, possibly lower stance, and some tasteful accents. i'll pop over at the end of the week and find out what kind of mods they plan on doing...
Please do update.
Old 05-02-12, 11:32 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Wonder what mods they got in store
Old 05-02-12, 04:03 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

That is very interesting
Old 05-02-12, 08:35 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd make it lighter where possible. A better exhaust, higher grip tires and the aero mods from the Ring edition. It'd blow other supercars away. We already know what the Ring edition is capable of. Imagine it with some Michelin Super Sports.
Old 05-02-12, 10:14 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TF109B
I'd make it lighter where possible. A better exhaust, higher grip tires and the aero mods from the Ring edition. It'd blow other supercars away. We already know what the Ring edition is capable of. Imagine it with some Michelin Super Sports.
Agreed.

To this day, after 3 years since LFA first was unveiled, it never ceases to baffle me, after all of the unprecedented press response and other people who have driven the car and a few records, how much hatred there is for this car (especially from the GTR fanbois all over the internet who have never driven a car at this level and pigeon hole everything down to 1/.4 mile and 0-60 mph numbers since there is the only way it holds a candle).

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 05-02-12 at 10:27 PM.
Old 05-03-12, 06:53 AM
CrazyMPG
Phat Monkey

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Agreed.

To this day, after 3 years since LFA first was unveiled, it never ceases to baffle me, after all of the unprecedented press response and other people who have driven the car and a few records, how much hatred there is for this car (especially from the GTR fanbois all over the internet who have never driven a car at this level and pigeon hole everything down to 1/.4 mile and 0-60 mph numbers since there is the only way it holds a candle).
Haha GTR fanboys! I have driven the LFA at Sonoma Raceway last year so I do appreciate what Lexus has done with its first super car. However most test still show the GTR more than capable to hold its own against the LFA. I believe it's the price point that most car enthusiast bash at. I hope in the future to pick up one of these babies because I've owned many Lexus cars.
Old 05-03-12, 06:54 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Agreed.

And yet the world still survives.

I don't see why 'hatred' over a car from people who've never driven it is any less comparable to the ankle grabbing that goes on in here over a car that people have barely seen much less ever driven. As long as there is an area of comparison to be done, it will be and there will be some who place significance on it. Doesn't make it hate, just makes it a preference. Lexus will survive (this thread it seems, not so much, lol)

God forbid someone comes in here not carrying their own jar of Vaseline...

Anyway, looking forward to see what 'modded' means. LFA isn't awe inspring to look at so there is just as much potential for things to go wrong as they could go right. Will be interesting if nothing else. I agree that I don't expect anything crazy
Old 05-03-12, 10:46 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't see how anyone could consciously modify the exhaust and risk (extremely high risk) destroying the exhaust note.
Old 05-03-12, 11:14 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by G Star
I don't see how anyone could consciously modify the exhaust and risk (extremely high risk) destroying the exhaust note.
They were able to do it for the Porsche Carrera GT. I don't see why they cannot with the LFA?? It sounded even more insane than stock.

Also, the power gains in the case of Porsche Carrera GT with a more free flowing exhaust were quite astonishing (atleast, from what the tuning company claimed).
Old 05-03-12, 12:36 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doesn't the Ring edition have a modified exhaust? I'm betting it's more than a 10hp gain.

Quick Reply: Pearl Red LFA #022 in Richmond, BC to be modded!