LFA Model (2012)

The first Lexus LFA arrives in the Philippines!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-11, 01:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Default The first Lexus LFA arrives in the Philippines!

This unit is not for sale, but is the first unit to land in The Philippines.

Originally Posted by Top Gear Philippines

Lexus LFA: Can you check it out? Yes. Can you buy it? No.

By Patrick Everett Tadeo — 12 Oct 2011

If you're an extremely rich individual who wants to one-up your neighbor in your swanky village by having the Philippines' one and only Lexus LFA in your garage, we wish you the best of luck in trying to buy it. As far as we know, no one can make the guys at Lexus Manila an offer they can't refuse.

"It's not for sale," said Carlo Chungunco, Lexus Manila's marketing officer. "We've received a lot of offers for it even before it arrived but it's not for sale."

The LFA, which stands for Lexus Fuji Apex, is a hand-assembled, rear wheel-drive supercar that the Japanese luxury carmaker began developing from scratch in 2000. Nearly 10 years in development, the production version of the LFA debuted at the Tokyo Motor Show in October 2009.

Only 500 units of the LFA will be produced worldwide, with no more than 20 units rolling out of the assembly line every month. With production of the LFA starting in December 2010, this means Lexus Manila's LFA, which is the 161th of the 500 that will be produced, was completed in August.

According to Lexus Manila, it is fortunate to be allocated a lone LFA as the only other countries in the ASEAN region to also receive an allocation for the supercar are Singapore and Brunei.

Chungunco refused to reveal how much Lexus Manila paid for the LFA but based on the listing of the LFA at Lexus.com, its sticker price is $375,000 or roughly P16.331 million.

Throw in the taxes, duties and other fees that need to be paid to bring it in and the price could go up to nearly P40 million. So if you're planning to buy one, make sure you put down much, much more than that to even get Lexus Manila to blink at your offer. While you're mulling how much to shell out for the LFA, check out the video below and enjoy the noise-slash-music from its engine.
Source: TopGear Philippines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44hn95VrInE
Old 10-26-11, 01:31 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Photos courtesy of Top Gear Philippines

Last edited by flipside909; 10-26-11 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-26-11, 01:47 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

maybe they're waiting to give it to Manny Pacquiao when he beats Mayweather.
Old 10-26-11, 07:13 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
maybe they're waiting to give it to Manny Pacquiao when he beats Mayweather.
lol, glad you didn't put an 'if' in there. "When" is much more appropriate.

Best unveil I've seen and reminds me (models) why I love my job so much in that it allows me to go to the Philippines.

If you've never been, put it on your bucket list pronto.
Old 10-26-11, 08:41 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

great combo choice enjoy seeing it every time

and the model in front, i think she helped make the picture that much better
Old 10-26-11, 09:32 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
A positive comment about car models from Henry?
Old 10-26-11, 10:03 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Maybe because she is one of the rare car models that's actually pretty LOL and she didn't put her butt onthe car
Old 10-26-11, 10:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Neo
A positive comment about car models from Henry?
Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Maybe because she is one of the rare car models that's actually pretty LOL and she didn't put her butt onthe car
indeed, even i said "umm this is rare"...
Old 10-26-11, 03:36 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"It's not for sale," said Carlo Chungunco, Lexus Manila's marketing officer. "We've received a lot of offers for it even before it arrived but it's not for sale."
So this is yet another one of the 500 production LFAs that ends up nowhere. Very sad to know that there are still so many willing buyers out there and yet Lexus would rather choose to let the car sit as a decoration. Couldn't they have built a few more "prototypes" just for the purpose of being displayed in some of their main markets, instead of wasting actual production cars? This is simply ridiculous.

Last edited by ydooby; 10-26-11 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 07:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Quite a surprising move to not let the car sell to the general public.

It is completely opposite to how Nissan is desperately trying to get the sales up for the Nissan GTR. After the dismal sales of the updated 2012 GTR with 520 HP, Nissan is yet again updating the Nissan GTR with 565 HP (up by 40 more horsepower) and also the suspension has been retuned to become more responsive.

On November 7th, rumor has it they will pull the veils off it and also I am sure Nissan will be looking at getting the spotlight by beating the Viper and Lexus LFA Nurburgring lap times.

Though, the critics are hailing it as Nissan raising the benchmark yet again, I feel sorry for the people who bought 2012 GTR only to see yet another update. What a rip off.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-26-11 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 07:54 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Quite a surprising move to not let the car sell to the general public.

It is completely opposite to how Nissan is desperately trying to get the sales up for the Nissan GTR. After the dismal sales of the updated 2012 GTR with 520 HP, Nissan is yet again updating the Nissan GTR with 565 HP (up by 40 more horsepower) and also the suspension has been retuned to become more responsive.

On November 7th, rumor has it they will pull the veils off it and also I am sure Nissan will be looking at getting the spotlight by beating the Viper and Lexus LFA Nurburgring lap times.

Though, the critics are hailing it as Nissan raising the benchmark yet again, I feel sorry for the people who bought 2012 GTR only to see yet another update. What a rip off.
I fail to see why it is bad for a car maker to continually improve their car on a yearly basis. Fine tuning takes time. If they had waited for the GT-R to be absolutely "perfect" before ever releasing the car, we would have not seen it until 2012, or worse, never, since "perfect" will always be a moving target. I for one hope that more car makers can take on the GT-R team's attitude and release their "work in progress" every year. Lexus is doing a good job too at improving the IS-F almost every year so far, by the way.

The buyers are not being ripped off by buying a "work in progress" because they know exactly what they are buying and can enjoy the car "now". Just like buying every other product in the modern world.

Last edited by ydooby; 10-26-11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-26-11, 08:23 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

It's the only one allocated to the Philippines, so I can understand why it's not for sale, there's no guarantee that any buyer will not just store it in the garage or drive only 1000 miles a year ...

Different angles of the 3 models with the car ......

Source
Old 10-26-11, 10:24 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
I concur...beautiful
Old 10-26-11, 10:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

thank you, andrew

regarding the car? considering it soooo rare over there in the region, i guess i can look the other way about not selling
Old 11-10-11, 10:35 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like our unit #161 (out of the maximum 500 that will be built in the production lifetime).

And yeah, Color code 079 "Whitest White"

Anyways, a few more pics of this awesome and epic vehicle:

Simply epic vehicle

It sucks that this current LFA can't be bought locally (due to extremely limited production of 500 units max.) but haha, at least a Lexus LFA has made it on our shores.

We'll all just have to drool and keep on dreaming (probably till the next-gen LFA after five years)

Source:
http://www.kotse.com/home/index.php?...lfa&Itemid=197

EDIT:
Holy crap, i just saw the youtube video when they were revving the engine.

[youtube]44hn95VrInE[/youtube]

Damn, these high-revving engines are monstrous and scary damn. These will surely frighten some neighbors

:P

Last edited by Blackraven; 11-10-11 at 10:44 AM.

Quick Reply: The first Lexus LFA arrives in the Philippines!