LFA Model (2012)

New NSX confirmed hope it brings LFA a good fight

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-11, 05:16 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brylek
The LFA may sleep well, although I hope I'm wrong.

Good read here:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5240622
Your link points to your own search session that has expired, but I do LOVE the description of their forum for the 2nd-gen NSX, which says:

"Second Generation NSX / HSC / Unicorn Discussion Any and all news, rumors and speculation about the 2nd generation NSX and other mythical creatures."

Hahahahaha...... even these guys know too well.

There are some funny reads in that forum too.

Last edited by ydooby; 09-27-11 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-27-11, 07:45 PM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They may need to focus on the design of their line up--Honda & Acura. They all look hideous.

Originally Posted by Lextrician
will be very lucky if it gets a v8 much less a v10, they might do a v6... honda nowadays are just lacking in the performance department. I wanted a nsx ever since ed oneil had one (al bundy) lol.
Old 09-27-11, 11:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can crack on Acura/Honda all you want, but the NSX was the stepping stone for 'exotic' Japanese cars. The 'new NSX' has been talked about, but the HSC was to be it. Of course that then turned into the HSV which is currently in SuperGT. The car is there, the desire and relevance to produce it is what's to be questioned.
Old 09-28-11, 08:26 AM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ydooby
Your link points to your own search session that has expired, but I do LOVE the description of their forum for the 2nd-gen NSX, which says:

"Second Generation NSX / HSC / Unicorn Discussion Any and all news, rumors and speculation about the 2nd generation NSX and other mythical creatures."

Hahahahaha...... even these guys know too well.

There are some funny reads in that forum too.

Link fixed.
Old 09-30-11, 01:57 PM
gtrnaisf
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
:

OUtside the MDX, people don't want to pay over $40,000 for a Honda/Acura.
people said the same thing about lexus and nissan. people payed 100k for a nissan and 400k for a lexus. doesnt matter the brand as long as their is a great sports car to represent the company. if the nsx is as good as the lfa or gtr people will pay a good amount of money for it.
Old 10-01-11, 11:45 AM
Driver School Candidate

cant wait to see the next NSX.
Old 12-12-11, 04:12 PM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

Update:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155456
Old 12-12-11, 05:30 PM
LexFather

It is using the same V-6 as other Honda/Acuras but with will be a hybrid with AWD. The only part that it keeps with the NSX is its mid-engine.

It won't be anything near a LFA competitior but rather a halo for Acura. This is what Acura has stated once again, they are not competition for Benz/BMW/Lexus, they are a brand under them and that is what they are aiming for.

Honda will overhaul and reposition its Acura lineup over the next 18 months and abandon its long pursuit of top-tier luxury-car status for the brand.

After years of trying to propel Acura into the front ranks with Mercedes-Benz, BMW and Lexus, Honda says it will settle for offering mid-level premium vehicles that favor fuel economy over performance
Old 12-12-11, 05:33 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

It is using the same V-6 as other Honda/Acuras but with will be a hybrid with AWD. The only part that it keeps with the NSX is its mid-engine.
I thought all reports so far are pointing to a front-engined design. Where did you read that it'll be mid-engined?

Last edited by ydooby; 12-12-11 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-13-11, 08:13 AM
Brylek
Driver School Candidate

It won't be anything near a LFA competitior but rather a halo for Acura. This is what Acura has stated once again, they are not competition for Benz/BMW/Lexus, they are a brand under them and that is what they are aiming for.
With 450HP and a price tag of $145k it better be something .

Originally Posted by ydooby
I thought all reports so far are pointing to a front-engined design. Where did you read that it'll be mid-engined?
It will be front mid engine, mostly becuse of JGTC doesn't allow rear mid engine anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-engine_design
Old 12-13-11, 08:53 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

The unveiling of this car IMO is make it or break it for this company. I really appreciate their SH-AWD technology which is up there as one of the best AWD systems on the market and what I've driven. The system is real great and I was surprised how awesome it was to drive. There is a ton of potential in it. Being a supercar, the drivetrain may in fact have a RWD bias, which is a good thing. I dont think the pricing is bad with the great technology and solid reliability the brand comes. Let's hope they don't disappoint us.
Old 12-13-11, 09:42 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I read somewhere that the executives at Honda were saying the hybrid system equipped in their accord vehicle were nowhere potent enough for the next NSX. I'm hoping to see 450hp+ on this car, but you know Honda...they like to disappoint.
Old 12-13-11, 10:44 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

It will be front mid engine, mostly becuse of JGTC doesn't allow rear mid engine anymore.
Yes I know that. I was only responding to Mike's statement of "The only part that it keeps with the NSX is its mid-engine", which isn't true if the new NSX becomes front-mid-engined as it isn't "keeping" the original NSX's layout.
Old 12-13-11, 10:53 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
The unveiling of this car IMO is make it or break it for this company. I really appreciate their SH-AWD technology which is up there as one of the best AWD systems on the market and what I've driven. The system is real great and I was surprised how awesome it was to drive. There is a ton of potential in it. Being a supercar, the drivetrain may in fact have a RWD bias, which is a good thing.
Unfortunately their latest generation of SH-AWD, demonstrated on an Accord hybrid prototype, has to be FWD-biased because the eletric motor has to be the sole power source of the rear wheels in order to deliver instant negative torque to the inside wheel.

On the second thought, maybe the instant negative torque can be delivered to the front wheels instead with a reversed setup, with the gas engine powering the rear wheels and the electric motors powering the front.
Old 12-13-11, 02:14 PM
LexFather

With 450HP and a price tag of $145k it better be something .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-engine_design
Thanks for the link great read, NSXPrime rocks!

Acura's avg transaction price is the lowest of luxury brands, around 36k...they have rarely had success over the 40k mark outside the MDX and we all know any SUV sells.

So they are shooting for 145k? Then since there is no Acura anywhere but here (where it struggles), China (where is non-existent) and Zamunda, then either it will have to be a Honda elsewhere or they can't sell it anywhere else.

I pray its outstanding, Acura/Honda needs this BADLY.

JGTC doesn't matter since Honda technically was not supposed to race the HSV thing since it wasn't a production car. They got permission to run it. They might just get another excuse again.

Quick Reply: New NSX confirmed hope it brings LFA a good fight