LFA Model (2012)

Regency Lexus LFA, Vancouver, BC

Old 08-17-11, 04:31 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Regency Lexus LFA, Vancouver, BC

I spoke with my service advisor at Regency Lexus a few days ago, and they are waiting for their LFA allotment to come in (supposedly very soon). At that time, they plan on holding a Lexus meet. I will update with new info as I get them.
Old 08-17-11, 09:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Please do.

Are you aware of how many of the total 10 LFAs have been delivered in Canada?? I am wondering if the Calgary allocation has been delivered yet??
Old 08-17-11, 10:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
I spoke with my service advisor at Regency Lexus a few days ago, and they are waiting for their LFA allotment to come in (supposedly very soon). At that time, they plan on holding a Lexus meet. I will update with new info as I get them.
did you ask if owner is private customer or dealership owner?
Old 08-17-11, 10:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
I have speculated last year that all three Vancouver Lexus dealerships owners may want to get one for themselves
Old 08-17-11, 10:57 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

no, i didn't ask. i can find out the next time i swing by the dealer tho...

Last edited by Stormforge; 08-18-11 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-17-11, 11:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I have speculated last year that all three Vancouver Lexus dealerships owners may want to get one for themselves
hey, not a bad thing to find out and confirm

how many dealerships in canada anyway?
Old 08-17-11, 11:37 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

hey, not a bad thing to find out and confirm

how many dealerships in canada anyway?
Four in Vancouver owned by three auto groups, & I think total of 33 in Canada.
Old 08-18-11, 08:21 AM
sgolko
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Please do.

Are you aware of how many of the total 10 LFAs have been delivered in Canada?? I am wondering if the Calgary allocation has been delivered yet??
I was in the Calgary dealership a couple weeks ago, they have not heard anything about deliveries yet.
Apparently there is one that will be on permanent display in the dealership, owned by the owner of the dealership, and another (Nurburgring edition) that is going to a private owner.
Old 08-18-11, 12:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So the one here in Calgary is going to be owned by the Lexus dealership owner??? Geez!!! This is very very disappointing at how Lexus Canada went about this. There are 3 LFAs in BC that also have been put on display.

So far I know of only two privately owned LFAs in Canada and this third one you mentioned that will be the 'ring edition that will be delivered to a Calgary owner. One is in Ottawa and one is in BC. I wish I get to see the privately owned Nurburgring edition LFA as well.

Personally, it is good for me since I could go in and look at the LFA every once in a while, but really that is bad for the LFA image long term as they are merely "show pieces in museum".

Originally Posted by sgolko
I was in the Calgary dealership a couple weeks ago, they have not heard anything about deliveries yet.
Apparently there is one that will be on permanent display in the dealership, owned by the owner of the dealership, and another (Nurburgring edition) that is going to a private owner.
Old 08-18-11, 12:24 PM
sgolko
Driver School Candidate

So the one here in Calgary is going to be owned by the Lexus dealership owner??? Geez!!! This is very very disappointing at how Lexus Canada went about this. There are 3 LFAs in BC that also have been put on display.

So far I know of only two privately owned LFAs in Canada and this third one you mentioned that will be the 'ring edition that will be delivered to a Calgary owner. One is in Ottawa and one is in BC. I wish I get to see the privately owned Nurburgring edition LFA as well.

Personally, it is good for me since I could go in and look at the LFA every once in a while, but really that is bad for the LFA image long term as they are merely "show pieces in museum".
As I understand it, a private citizen had initially ordered it, but then backed out or something like that. So, the owner decided to bring it in for himself. But, let me be clear, I don't actually know of the details so this could be inaccurate.
Old 08-18-11, 12:28 PM
sgolko
Driver School Candidate

So the one here in Calgary is going to be owned by the Lexus dealership owner??? Geez!!! This is very very disappointing at how Lexus Canada went about this.
To expand on this point a bit, I don't really have an issue with the dealership owners buying them (as long as they are buying them with their own money). They are private citizens who are buying the cars (not corporations or the dealers themselves), and alot of the time will still drive the cars the same 10 days a year that many other owners will drive them in Canada. The only real difference is instead of storing them in their own private garages for the remaining 355 days, they are storing them in the showroom for everyone else to see.
Old 08-18-11, 12:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I suspect that is what has been happening in Canada. I remember the sales process was closed down in May, 2010 and all 10 allocations were sold.

Suddenly, now we see these LFAs being displayed in the dealerships could only mean one thing that 4 out of 10 people who bought LFAs in Canada backed out.

However, good point on the dealership owner buying it. I would love to go see it from time to time. However, I was saying it because I think it give the impression to naive people that Lexus had difficult time selling the LFAs and ended up parking them in the dealerships.

Anyway, thanks for all the info. I have been anticipating the arrival here in Calgary for a long time. Please do keep us updated about the development. I would love to hear when the LFAs are arriving in Calgary. If they do a celebration of some sort, I would be interesting in attending.

Originally Posted by sgolko
As I understand it, a private citizen had initially ordered it, but then backed out or something like that. So, the owner decided to bring it in for himself. But, let me be clear, I don't actually know of the details so this could be inaccurate.
Old 08-18-11, 01:47 PM
sgolko
Driver School Candidate

I suspect that is what has been happening in Canada. I remember the sales process was closed down in May, 2010 and all 10 allocations were sold.

Suddenly, now we see these LFAs being displayed in the dealerships could only mean one thing that 4 out of 10 people who bought LFAs in Canada backed out.

However, good point on the dealership owner buying it. I would love to go see it from time to time. However, I was saying it because I think it give the impression to naive people that Lexus had difficult time selling the LFAs and ended up parking them in the dealerships.

Anyway, thanks for all the info. I have been anticipating the arrival here in Calgary for a long time. Please do keep us updated about the development. I would love to hear when the LFAs are arriving in Calgary. If they do a celebration of some sort, I would be interesting in attending.
I basically just get updated when I bring my vehicles in for oil changes, so chances are good I will miss the arrivals. However, if the dealership is going to be putting one on display, I would imagine they would have some sort of unveiling event, and would send out an email to everyone who is on their mailing list. Let's hope anyways...