LFA Model (2012)

Pearl red LFA #022, Richmond, BC (Matt Kwok's Photography)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-11, 08:04 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of people in Canada did not realize the LFA was for sales last year. I guess the dealer owners took that opportunity to fill the application box with their names. The one that went to Ottawa belongs to someone related to an Ontario Lexus dealer owner.
Again, from my POV, it does not matter who bought the LFAs, as long as the purchase was real. I've read somewhere that the LFA in Toronto was going to be stored in the winter at dealer showroom(s)
Old 08-05-11, 08:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
I don't get why you guys are still getting so bent out of shape over the marketing and who can or can't buy the car; unless you personally were denied ownership opportunity. Whether or not they are on the street or sitting in a showroom matters how? If there are only 500 made, the chances of any of us seeing them on the street are remote anyway, so what's the big deal?

At least if it's in a showroom, more people will have the opportunity to see them for themselves versus a cell phone picture in a 'spotted' thread. I'm willing to bet that the number of members who've already seen the car in a showroom is equal or surpasses the number who've seen it in person on the street randomly.

Some people seem to have real resentment via their posts at Lexus Corp and I'm just confused by it.
people have different opinions and interests, simple as that. the talk here has no difference than how people talk about how fast a car is on the ring and how each compares with each other. so with what you said, then basically any cars that you don't own, you pretty much should not talk about them at all. that's plain silly.

i have nothing against lexus corp, i only talk about each incident independently. i have nothing invested so i have no reason to defend / attack them
Old 08-05-11, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
A lot of people in Canada did not realize the LFA was for sales last year. I guess the dealer owners took that opportunity to fill the application box with their names. The one that went to Ottawa belongs to someone related to an Ontario Lexus dealer owner.
Again, from my POV, it does not matter who bought the LFAs, as long as the purchase was real. I've read somewhere that the LFA in Toronto was going to be stored in the winter at dealer showroom(s)
lol if i were in that area i probably wouldn't want to risk driving the lfa in winter either. but come on, summer right now
Old 08-05-11, 09:31 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
people have different opinions and interests, simple as that. the talk here has no difference than how people talk about how fast a car is on the ring and how each compares with each other. so with what you said, then basically any cars that you don't own, you pretty much should not talk about them at all. that's plain silly.

i have nothing against lexus corp, i only talk about each incident independently. i have nothing invested so i have no reason to defend / attack them
I'm not saying anyone's opinion is right or wrong or advising people how to feel in any way, I'm just trying to understand the resentment ("Lexus lied, I'm mad, etc") that presents itself in just about every thread. People (not you necessarily) seem to have strong feelings all based on speculation because a car is seen sitting on a showroom floor.

Just trying to understand it that's all.
Old 08-05-11, 10:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I'm not saying anyone's opinion is right or wrong or advising people how to feel in any way, I'm just trying to understand the resentment ("Lexus lied, I'm mad, etc") that presents itself in just about every thread. People (not you necessarily) seem to have strong feelings all based on speculation because a car is seen sitting on a showroom floor.

Just trying to understand it that's all.
nah, not offended at all by any means, i was just explaining as well. i think of it this way. some admire the lfa and really into its performance, and they drill hard into its ring time, down to 10th of a second, any comparison they see, etc... and they defend / criticize the car down to each component.

then there are some (me included i will say) who are more interested in how the car enters the market, how lexus did the marketing and how the car is being accepted by the public.

i think it's just different perspectives of the car that people are interested in. i am not into all the time down to second, i like the car as is. but at the same time i respect when people talk about all those details. it's all just information
Old 08-05-11, 06:26 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

lol if i were in that area i probably wouldn't want to risk driving the lfa in winter either. but come on, summer right now
Unfortunately, LFA has become what Lexus hammered again and again, it did not LFA to become - a garage queen. No offense, but it is quite ridiculous.

I have seen 3 458 Italias this summer alone here in Calgary. I have heard the owners take them to the Race city motorsports track quite often. That is what true enthusiasm is about.
Old 08-08-11, 12:10 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because the LFA is sitting on a showroom floor doesn't mean it'll never be tracked. People who own it that have it on the floor at their dealership probably use it as a show piece for sales. If I owned and operated one I'd do the same thing. Theres money to be made first. Business before pleasure.
Old 08-08-11, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

is there a mark up on the lfa now?
Old 08-08-11, 12:20 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

is there a mark up on the lfa now?

I wouldn't see how, since you can still buy one direct. The buyer would really have to be impatient to buy one marked up.
Old 08-08-11, 12:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

There is no mark up on the LFA so the dealerships don't make anything off the LFAs. Also, the LFAs sitting in the dealerships are owned by the owner of the dealership (for example, the two in Vancouver Canada). In Canada, there are no LFAs available for sale so those dealerships are definitely not displaying them to boost sales. They are only to attract people/buyers into the dealership in a "museum show piece" sort of way.

I will believe it when it happens. So far till present, all of the LFAs are garage queens. Saddens me to say, it is proving to be nothing more than "boutique supercar" so that the value can go up of the car over time, which is exactly what Lexus said it did not want to happen.

Refer back to my example of how many 458 Italias, GT3 I know locally that go to the track. That is what I call true enthusiasm.

Originally Posted by TF109B
Just because the LFA is sitting on a showroom floor doesn't mean it'll never be tracked. People who own it that have it on the floor at their dealership probably use it as a show piece for sales. If I owned and operated one I'd do the same thing. Theres money to be made first. Business before pleasure.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-08-11 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-08-11, 01:26 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

I agree with you to a point Rolla, in that with so few already being made and on the street, it's hard to just make a blanket statement when we're only what, a quarter of the way into the process. If that much.
Old 08-08-11, 04:48 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I wouldn't see how, since you can still buy one direct. The buyer would really have to be impatient to buy one marked up.
of course the answer is no, it was much of a question but more like wondering what "money is to be made" when it's not being sold with a mark up, considering everything paid up front and money lost on interest, etc...
Old 08-09-11, 02:37 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great photos! Makes the red pop!
Old 08-13-11, 01:29 PM
clexusking
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I will believe it when it happens. So far till present, all of the LFAs are garage queens. Saddens me to say, it is proving to be nothing more than "boutique supercar" so that the value can go up of the car over time, which is exactly what Lexus said it did not want to happen."

Not all LFA's are garage queens. We have a guest who has 3,000 miles already (since March Delivery). We have already done an oil change on his car! There are sightings of the white LFA all over the DC area...
Old 08-14-11, 12:12 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome pics! The car look so good

I just read all of your posts, my comment is don't believe everything you read, especially from the internet! Everyone who is selling something always say it is all sold out immediately, whether it is concert ticket or an exotic car to drum up the hype

Also there is nothing the manufacturer can do to control how the car is being use. Most $400k car end up to be a garage queen. How many Carrera GT do you actually see being use as a track toy? Even when they depreciate down to less then $250k now. 458 is as low as $240k and GT3 are less then $150k........so people are more willing to use them on the track. $400k is getting up there. Then there is wear and tear.........clutches/brakes/tires on a C-GT and Murcielago cost way more then 458s and GT3s.

Quick Reply: Pearl red LFA #022, Richmond, BC (Matt Kwok's Photography)