LFA Model (2012)

Pearl red LFA #022, Richmond, BC (Matt Kwok's Photography)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 02:52 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Total of 5 or 6. There is a private owner here in Alberta who has an LFA (someone saw it with Alberta plates), there is a Vancouver private owner who has a red LFA and also owns a 458 Italia and Porsche 911 Turbo and there is another private owner in Ottawa, Ontario. Then the two we have in the dealerships.

Originally Posted by rominl
it could be, hard to find out the real stories. but given that not all 10 lfa are allocated in canada yet, but we already see 2... how many lfa have been delivered in canada i wonder.

of course, another remote possibility is that the real demand of lfa in canada wasn't high enough to fill the 10 slots (somewhat similar to how lexus usa first said all lfa sold), but a few members from canada did say their sources say otherwise
Old 08-04-11, 02:53 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

love that color
Old 08-04-11, 03:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I don't necessarily trust what Lexus Canada said, & I think dealership owners can still buy it as a private party ...
Old 08-04-11, 03:07 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I don't necessarily trust what Lexus Canada said, & I think dealership owners can still buy it as a private party ...
you mean people can still buy NOW in canada?
Old 08-04-11, 03:11 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Nope. Sales were closed in May 2010 for the 10 allocations. That is the earliest I remember I first saw the note on Lexus.ca personally.

If Lexus opened the remaining US allocations to Canada then it is a different thing.
Old 08-04-11, 03:16 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

No , I was referring to the claim that dealerships can't buy the LFA ...
Old 08-04-11, 03:46 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

What are the chances that the dealership owners just gave themselves priorities over other buyers...? Is there nothing stopping them?
Old 08-04-11, 03:54 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I think it should be clear by now that only certain "desirable" buyers would be chosen is a myth , I think any one who has the means and are willing to pay can get the car , including dealership owners, and why shouldn't that be ?
Old 08-04-11, 04:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

No , I was referring to the claim that dealerships can't buy the LFA ...
gotcha. i also don't think it should be a limitation, but to me i rather see them on the road

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Nope. Sales were closed in May 2010 for the 10 allocations. That is the earliest I remember I first saw the note on Lexus.ca personally.

If Lexus opened the remaining US allocations to Canada then it is a different thing.
yeah we all saw that on the US side too. plus you also read that it's all private owners and now things look like they include dealership owners. nothing should be read as is imho

I think it should be clear by now that only certain "desirable" buyers would be chosen is a myth , I think any one who has the means and are willing to pay can get the car , including dealership owners, and why shouldn't that be ?
agreed as above. actually the more i think about it, it somewhat makes sense anyway if they can afford. otherwise most of them are just driving the LS or the LX, why not a more expensive cooler one if they can afford. but at least to me, the problem is if the cars just stay in dealerships for show. much rather see them on the road, otherwise it does very little goods
Old 08-04-11, 05:35 PM
primecut
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.. amazing photos for an amazing car.
Old 08-04-11, 08:22 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just breathtaking!
Old 08-04-11, 08:54 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

but at least to me, the problem is if the cars just stay in dealerships for show. much rather see them on the road, otherwise it does very little goods

This is how I feel, what is the point of the LFA if it's just a showroom queen? They need to be out, showing off, enhancing the Lexus and F brands giving it real world value.

It is nice to have LFA's in the showroom woo'ing new and loyal Lexus clients but it is even better doing what it was meant to do-be driven.
Old 08-04-11, 09:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I do always say without going into details, Lexus made serious blunders with marketing the LFA and now they are paying the price.

The hype was too big for the first ever Lexus supercar/exotic car that was built on an unlimited budget, yet Lexus focused on all the wrong things to market the car, which amounted to how Lexus thought it should be and not necessarily what enthusiast buyers wanted see.

Originally Posted by G Star
This is how I feel, what is the point of the LFA if it's just a showroom queen? They need to be out, showing off, enhancing the Lexus and F brands giving it real world value.

It is nice to have LFA's in the showroom woo'ing new and loyal Lexus clients but it is even better doing what it was meant to do-be driven.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 08-04-11 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-04-11, 11:46 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

hot daymn that is sexy. awesome pictures!!
Old 08-05-11, 06:39 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't get why you guys are still getting so bent out of shape over the marketing and who can or can't buy the car; unless you personally were denied ownership opportunity. Whether or not they are on the street or sitting in a showroom matters how? If there are only 500 made, the chances of any of us seeing them on the street are remote anyway, so what's the big deal?

At least if it's in a showroom, more people will have the opportunity to see them for themselves versus a cell phone picture in a 'spotted' thread. I'm willing to bet that the number of members who've already seen the car in a showroom is equal or surpasses the number who've seen it in person on the street randomly.

Some people seem to have real resentment via their posts at Lexus Corp and I'm just confused by it.

Quick Reply: Pearl red LFA #022, Richmond, BC (Matt Kwok's Photography)