LFA Model (2012)

How many LFAs are left?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-11, 05:14 AM
chow70
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had enquired about owning an LFA. Some of you are correct that the car is not sold through the dealership. For those who "financially" qualify, there is an interview process, and a contract that needs to be signed between yourself and Lexus. This is also assuming that Lexus "awards" you the vehicle. Every tom, ****, and larry cannot own one. You must maintain the car for a minimum of 2 years. It cannot be sold, or transferred.
Old 08-09-11, 09:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by chow70
I had enquired about owning an LFA. Some of you are correct that the car is not sold through the dealership. For those who "financially" qualify, there is an interview process, and a contract that needs to be signed between yourself and Lexus. This is also assuming that Lexus "awards" you the vehicle. Every tom, ****, and larry cannot own one. You must maintain the car for a minimum of 2 years. It cannot be sold, or transferred.
when did you inquire about this? i wonder if any of the details have changed
Old 08-09-11, 06:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

now you qualify if you can fog a mirror.
Old 08-09-11, 10:32 PM
313sc3
Lead Lap

Much respect to my Lexus family but for the inflated price of a lfa id rather buy a used gallardo or murceielago and tune it.
Old 08-10-11, 04:13 AM
chow70
Rookie

Originally Posted by rominl
when did you inquire about this? i wonder if any of the details have changed
I recently purchased a IS-F, at Wilde Lexus in Sarasota FL [ my second purchase at this dealership, unbelievable cars ] . I really like the LFA and everything about it. I saw it at the New York Auto Show. [ I live in NJ ] It is the same size as the IS-F, maybe even smaller. I was really surprised. I look at this car like it's an SR-71 Blackbird. All the old guys will know what this plane is. It's pretty top secret and it's really cool the way Lexus is doing it.

Anyways, to get back to my story. I had spoken with the manager while I was out testing the IS-F before I bought it. I had enquired while I was driving and they said they don't handle it. First, you must fill out an application. If you are "financially approved" then Lexus will send reps from California to interview you about the car. This is why everyone is not approved for the car. [ They don't want Tony Montana dirivng the car if you catch my drift ] At this point, once you are approved, you must sign a contract of a minimum of 2 years that you will keep the car. It cannot be sold or transferred.

I'd be happy to purchase one, but I am ecstatic with my IS-F and LS460 now. I'd like to upgrade to a LS600hl next year before I get interested in the LFA. Seocndly I live in NJ and would be too nervous to drive it here. I can't begin to tell you how many close calls I have had on the road. This is an IDEAL CAR for South Florida, So Cal, and Arizona. You have to be in an area where the Cavalier is not the most popular car. You'd have every girl on your rearend if you had one.
Old 08-10-11, 12:45 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotta love Jersey though. They ever fix the riddled roads in the south? I used to live there in A.C. when I was younger. Terrible roads in those parts, even the Parkway had it's troubles.
Old 09-04-11, 12:59 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't Sir Gengar (one of the moderators here at CL) have an LFA? Maybe we can also ask him what are the procedures and requirements that he had to encounter when he got his LFA?
Old 09-04-11, 06:04 AM
Nova
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Gotta love Jersey though. They ever fix the riddled roads in the south? I used to live there in A.C. when I was younger. Terrible roads in those parts, even the Parkway had it's troubles.
parkway is 3 lanes wide till about u get int othe exit 50s most of AC roads are decent some are trash though
Old 09-04-11, 10:15 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Kennyp whose dad is at the Nurburgring event said 10 LFAs are left and these 10 LFAs have the option to become Nurburgring edition LFA (out of the maximum 50 possible Nurburgring LFAs).
Old 09-05-11, 10:29 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Doesn't Sir Gengar (one of the moderators here at CL) have an LFA? Maybe we can also ask him what are the procedures and requirements that he had to encounter when he got his LFA?
yes he has one, but no he's not a moderator. he has a thread on his lfa!
Old 09-05-11, 09:17 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

went to richmond lexus today with my wife to take a look at the LS600hl. looked at the red LFA and she said jokingly, LFA is nice, should we get it? i said, in a heartbeat (as if we had the money)! lol!
Old 09-05-11, 09:20 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

It is not up for sale since the owner of the LFA is displaying it in the dealership.

Originally Posted by Stormforge
went to richmond lexus today with my wife to take a look at the LS600hl. looked at the red LFA and she said jokingly, LFA is nice, should we get it? i said, in a heartbeat (as if we had the money)! lol!
Old 09-05-11, 09:22 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
It is not up for sale since the owner of the LFA is displaying it in the dealership.
yes i know
Old 09-05-11, 09:42 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormforge
your wife is cool with me man.
Old 09-07-11, 05:02 PM
ponychaser
Driver School Candidate

yeah, maybe when I finally pay off my student loans and settle down...
I'll be what, 85?

Quick Reply: How many LFAs are left?