LFA Model (2012)

CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-11, 04:21 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome stuff Flipside!!! You definitely have some good access around there. Oh, and I especially like the shot with your F in the background

Congrat's again gengar and may 'many miles of smiles' be yours.
Old 03-23-11, 05:08 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
No significance - I asked to be added to the list as first available production.

I definitely prefer Pearl Red to the normal Red (just don't tell McGrath that). The normal red is just a little too aggressive for my tastes, even more so IMO than say Ferrari's Rosso Scuderia which I also dislike.

Now Fresh Green, that is an awesome color. Definitely among my top 3-5 premium colors, so I hope you're not joking.
I am actually thinking about it. I saw that color on a Camaro recently, and it actually looked good.
Attached Thumbnails CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!-fresh-green-lexuslfa.jpg  

Last edited by 07grIS350; 03-23-11 at 05:12 AM.
Old 03-23-11, 11:40 AM
pl91741
Driver School Candidate

good thing they made it here after the earthquake...!!!
Old 03-23-11, 12:14 PM
kraven9
Lead Lap

I am a fan of blue but the red just pops. I don't like the polished wheels but who cares..lol. LFA is just plain sick. Thanks for the pics.
Old 03-23-11, 03:16 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I am actually thinking about it. I saw that color on a Camaro recently, and it actually looked good.
Ballsy move! The car maybe able to pull it off. Have you seen official swatches and how accurate is the configurator to the real deal?
Old 03-23-11, 03:20 PM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kraven9
I am a fan of blue but the red just pops. I don't like the polished wheels but who cares..lol. LFA is just plain sick. Thanks for the pics.
I'm normally not a fan of red on anything Japanese, but it pulled it off nicely. Again, a dealership setting can make any car look good, so I may have been fooled. Blue, red, black for me, in that order. Now I just need to win the powerball!
Old 03-23-11, 10:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in the premium colors, the other blue looks really intriguing, I love blue black and white. So I wonder how this other 'light blue' will look.
Old 03-24-11, 06:41 AM
Invalid321
Driver School Candidate

Gorgeous cars! That red is fantastic. I still hope that one day we'll see one in person at the dealership.
Old 03-24-11, 09:02 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Congrats Gengar!! That's my favorite color!!
Old 03-24-11, 11:36 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Who is Mike McGrath?? A singer??
Old 03-24-11, 12:22 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Rolla,

If you recall, after I got my allocation I spoke with the GM, Mike McGrath at my local dealer, McGrath Lexus.

He told me he was getting an LFA and he already has a 599.

That was when I started doubted some of the stuff Lexus was saying about the allocation process.

When the pics of the red car showed up from the guy in Skokie the other day, I recognized the interior of the dealership, McGrath's Chicago location (never been to Westmont).

I called the service folks to schedule a recall and I asked if Mr. M's had gotten his LFA yet.

The adviser replied he had received it the day before and it was in the show room getting photographed like it was at an auto show.

It is becoming fairly obvious that a large chunk of the cars are going to dealers/distributors and that they don't have to wait in line behind the target enthusiast customers. Too early to say if this is good or bad for the program.

Mr. McGrath may be able to sing but I haven't heard him.

I am looking forward to seeing the red rocket next week when I have the recall work done.
Old 03-24-11, 12:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Awesome!! It will be personally owned by Mike?? I guess??

Thanks.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Rolla,

If you recall, after I got my allocation I spoke with the GM, Mike McGrath at my local dealer, McGrath Lexus.

He told me he was getting an LFA and he already has a 599.

That was when I started doubted some of the stuff Lexus was saying about the allocation process.

When the pics of the red car showed up from the guy in Skokie the other day, I recognized the interior of the dealership, McGrath's Chicago location (never been to Westmont).

I called the service folks to schedule a recall and I asked if Mr. M's had gotten his LFA yet.

The adviser replied he had received it the day before and it was in the show room getting photographed like it was at an auto show.

It is becoming fairly obvious that a large chunk of the cars are going to dealers/distributors and that they don't have to wait in line behind the target enthusiast customers. Too early to say if this is good or bad for the program.

Mr. McGrath may be able to sing but I haven't heard him.

I am looking forward to seeing the red rocket next week when I have the recall work done.
Old 03-24-11, 12:54 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Yes, his personal car.

3 LFAs in Chicagoland and counting.
Old 03-24-11, 07:10 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I never made it but I ran into a few that saw the car today

Hope to make it over next week. S2000toIS350 when do you think your going to stop over? I may try and meet you. We can push the car out the front door

Gengar did you get yours from McGrath? I asked today and the employee I saw wasnt sure.
Old 03-25-11, 12:50 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
While I do think many dealer owners are purchasing an LFA for themselves, I'm not sure they are "skipping" the line. I actually placed my LFA order at McGrath because I happened to be in Chicago for some business meetings at the same time as a Central PS so I took some time out of my day to get the order in. In fact I'm pretty sure I met with the PS in the room directly behind where McGrath's red LFA is being displayed, at least based on the pictures relayed on by GFerg in this thread.

The interesting part of this all is that, presumably, McGrath didn't place his order until after I did unless he specifically requested #57. Who knows, maybe some dealers are skipping some places in this line, but our case shows McGrath at least didn't skip over me.

Originally Posted by passnu2
Gengar did you get yours from McGrath? I asked today and the employee I saw wasnt sure.
Nope, I didn't take delivery at McGrath; I only placed my order there. I made all my deposits and took delivery at Merrillville because for now I'm keeping my car at a residence closer to there, and it's also where I bought my IS F.

I did take delivery on Wednesday, pics/comments later. For now I will say that I actually have more respect for the car based on its public road performance than even the track performance because of how easy it is to drive and how well-designed and well-engineered it is. I drove the car about 100 miles the day I took delivery, but I won't be able to drive it for at least the next couple days because of the cold weather.

Quick Reply: CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!