LFA Model (2012)

CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-11, 10:54 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

More pics of Gengar's LFA:

Its all about the details!

Old 03-26-11, 11:48 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is truly a stunning color and a beautiful combination. Congrats gengar and enjoy!
Old 03-26-11, 04:19 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the green a lot better than that red. Not a fan of darker red colors. I think that green would look great with yellow or silver calipers and a lighter colored interior.
Old 03-27-11, 02:28 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

One of my favorite interior details that I never noticed until I checked out flipside909's pictures is how the shoulder strap passthrough buckle (which btw features a magnetic snap closure so can be opened) has the seat front material detail on it. The contrast between the blue alcantara on my car and the red leather on #57 really shows how different the detail makes the interior look. (Hope flipside909 doesn't mind me cutting/combining/resizing two of his pictures.)
Attached Thumbnails CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!-lfa-shoulder-strap-contrasts.jpg  
Old 03-27-11, 03:29 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How does the Alcantara feel in difference to leather? Is it a 'soft touch' material?
Old 03-27-11, 04:22 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by TF109B
How does the Alcantara feel in difference to leather? Is it a 'soft touch' material?
Yes, it's very soft. The surface is slightly furry. The alcantara on my LFA feels softer than my recollections of Ferrari alcantara, but it's possible that's only because mine is brand new. It's an extremely comfortable material and very grippy compared to leather, very happy with it.
Old 03-27-11, 07:13 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

gengar, late to the party here, but major congrats on the car, awesome taste on the colors/options, and you are one lucky guy! i think i'd be a bit scared driving it on chicago roads, but i'm assuming this won't be your daily driver.

flipside, AWESOME photos, thanks so much for taking/sharing!

oh and gengar, the alcantra vs. leather - did you go for the former because it's grippier, or perhaps it's lighter (weight) than the leather? or?

anyway, unlike you being an owner, i've 'only' had the hot lap with scott pruett, but that was quite possibly the best automotive experience i'd ever had.

i also think the LFA is the MOST beautiful car i've ever seen, because it's proportioned so beautifully, and looks purposeful without being flamboyant/showy like a lambo. it's just so elegant!

once again, CONGRATS!!!!!
Old 03-28-11, 11:19 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Here are the color samples, indoors, in the shade, and in the sunlight. The pictures didn't turn out that well especially in the sunlight because the simple P+S camera I used is not capable of handling the contrast, but I still hope these are a bit helpful.

From these pictures the depth of the Pearl Red due to the pearling effect is obvious. This is the same effect Pearl Blue has on my car. In contrast, the Fresh Green is very flat but still quite striking. The glossy character of the green is most apparent from the shade picture.
Thanks Gengar, the configurator appears closest to the sample taken indoors, but still too different to judge.

Originally Posted by TF109B
I like the green a lot better than that red. Not a fan of darker red colors. I think that green would look great with yellow or silver calipers and a lighter colored interior.
The other thing is there will be a lot of regular red LFAs, so if I wanted mine to be different, green would be a sure thing. It does feel very risky though...

Last edited by 07grIS350; 03-28-11 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-28-11, 12:02 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
oh and gengar, the alcantra vs. leather - did you go for the former because it's grippier, or perhaps it's lighter (weight) than the leather? or?
I picked alcantara for the seat fronts because of the grippier surface, and also because it's a feature I always thought was cool since I saw it and experienced it in other supercars like the 360 Stradale. I didn't really consider the weight - after all, I only applied it to one surface, the seat fronts - although I suppose weight was relevant in the sense that, were alcantara heavier than leather, I probably wouldn't have selected it.
Old 03-28-11, 04:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
I picked alcantara for the seat fronts because of the grippier surface, and also because it's a feature I always thought was cool since I saw it and experienced it in other supercars like the 360 Stradale. I didn't really consider the weight - after all, I only applied it to one surface, the seat fronts - although I suppose weight was relevant in the sense that, were alcantara heavier than leather, I probably wouldn't have selected it.
Great choice. I really think the weight savings between the two seating surfaces are negligible as the weight of each driver varies anyway.

I've always been a fan of Alcantara seating since I had it in my 04 IS300 in the past. I do wish my IS F had Alcantara seating inserts at the time. I'm sure they listed to us after our complaints about slippery seats over the years. Now you can get it as an option for the '11 models.
Old 03-29-11, 05:41 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the dealers that have bought these cars, I've noticed it ends up on teh showroom floor. Is this an indication that cars are still available for order?
Old 03-29-11, 07:55 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Kind of separate things going on.

If you have a dealership and the mfg has a halo car, you definitely want to put one on the floor to show off.

In this case the dealer will have to buy their own to accomplish the above or get a friendly owner to "lend" their car for such a purpose.

My understanding is that there are units left to be allocated. At Infineon a couple of weeks ago the dealer from Memphis quoted 25. That is likely to be out of date as Gengar mentioned both that a couple were taken for the Western region when he was at Infineon and then at the Autobahn event he mentioned someone was getting their order together.
Old 03-29-11, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
To the dealers that have bought these cars, I've noticed it ends up on teh showroom floor. Is this an indication that cars are still available for order?
you can still order the car, the car isn't sold out yet

the cars in the showroom, they can just be the GM / owner cars that they are showing off. unless there is a window sticker and that dealers are really selling it, i don't think we can say those cars are "available"
Old 03-29-11, 11:47 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That pearl red is amazing...thanks for the pics. Seals the deal on my favorite LFA combo:

Pearl red with dark wheels and red calipers
Blackish brown alcantara interior with red stitching
Attached Thumbnails CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!-my-lfa.jpg  

Last edited by MPLexus301; 03-29-11 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-29-11, 02:04 PM
gengar

By the way, I was surprised to find insurance for the LFA quite reasonable even on a mileage limit that's very high. I decided to go with State Farm based on positive recommendations from other exotic owners and the fact that they often include track DE under insurance, but when I spoke to my local agent he told me he doesn't offer anything less than 7,500mi/year (when he first told me that, I was ready to bail to another local agent because I was looking for something closer to 3-4k but the result wound up being fine).

In fact, my LFA insurance is only a little higher than a quote I got from State Farm several years ago for an M3, when I was comparing insurance between the M3, IS F, and 911 C2S. I think I have posted before elsewhere on the forums that the M3 was by far the highest of the 3, shockingly even higher than the C2S despite the C2S' much higher sticker.

This may change my mind about ownership costs for exotics.

Quick Reply: CL EXCLUSIVE: LFA# 047 & #057 Arrive in the USA. Gengar's LFA is here!!!