Official Canadian debut of Lexus LFA

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 11:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default Official Canadian debut of Lexus LFA

Thanks to lexusenthusiast.com:

Looks like LFA will be stoping at all the major auto shows in Canada (Calgary, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver autoshows).

Last week, I attended the Canadian debut of the Lexus LFA at the Exhibition Place in Toronto. On display was a white LFA, which has been sent on loan from Lexus Japan and has arrived just in time to make stops at all of Canada’s major auto shows (includ*ing this week’s Toronto Auto Show).

The display was amazing, the LFA all lit up — here are some Lexus-supplied images:

During the introduction presentation, Lexus confirmed that Canada will be receiving 10 LFAs, which will be spread out to owners in Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Windsor, Calgary and Vancouver. Vancouver, by some stroke of luck, will be home to 5 of the 10 LFAs.

Of course, given that snow & ice cover just about everything in Ontario, there was no driving time, but we did have a chance to go through a process similar to what actual LFA buyers experienced, complete with the full LFA Configuration Kit — here are some fantastic photos of the full gear:

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 02-16-11 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-16-11, 11:23 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About time . They should have had the LFA touring all the major Canadian shows from last year, but glad they are finally doing it now either way.

And wow, Vancouver gets 5 LFAs!? I wish I was in Vancouver, the chances of seeing an LFA will be much higher there than any other part of Canada .
Old 02-16-11, 11:41 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
About time . They should have had the LFA touring all the major Canadian shows from last year, but glad they are finally doing it now either way.

And wow, Vancouver gets 5 LFAs!? I wish I was in Vancouver, the chances of seeing an LFA will be much higher there than any other part of Canada .
Agreed.

Hopefully the one in Calgary will be out and about regularly. Obviously, being a much smaller city it should be hard to miss. The Bentley/Aston dealership holds a cool Cars & Coffee event regularly that it would be nice to see it at.
Old 02-16-11, 11:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks sweet. Like the black brake calipers.
Old 02-17-11, 12:10 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

I won't be in Canada during the 2011 Vancouver Auto show
Old 02-17-11, 11:41 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am really looking forward to hopefully seeing the Lexus LFA on the Calgary Auto Show.
Old 02-17-11, 12:26 PM
JessePS

Jim Pattison will probably be 1 of the 10 lucky owners of the LFA in Canada.
Old 02-17-11, 12:33 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

Nice coverage by "krew" of Lexusenthusiast.com..!!

This Offically Confirms my posts with the White LFA videos that showed up on Youtube via Canada last week...

Joe Z
Old 02-17-11, 01:05 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by JessePS
Jim Pattison will probably be 1 of the 10 lucky owners of the LFA in Canada.
I bought both my Lexus from his dealership but I have no idea whether he ordered one since I have never talked to anyone associated with Lexus about the LFA. But from what I've read about him test driving the then new 600hL in a newspaper article a few years ago, he is not into sporty cars at all even in his younger days. He actually said he always prefer to drive large, comfortable cars, not small, sporty cars. besides, he drives an American car himself, only his wife drives a LS430 then. So I am not sure he is the type who would fancy owning a LFA. But maybe someone in his family would want one ? I sure hope they get one and put it on display @ the dealership
Old 02-19-11, 10:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

It has been confirmed Lexus LFA will be making featured in the Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary auto show. No confirmation on the Montreal auto show.
Old 03-02-11, 10:26 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the dealership today and was told by my SA that there are actually 2 LFA's coming to Calgary.

I don't know if that means another one has recently been sold or the orignal allocation reports were wrong, but that is what I was told this afternoon.
Old 03-02-11, 11:31 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

I met a guy on Sunday at the LFA event who's car is currently in Customs in Vancouver. He said it will be stuck there a while because it's the first LFA to come into Canada. He wants to get involved in the exotic car community and so I'm going to plug him into a big group in Vancouver, which will mean there will be plenty of opportunity to see the car up there.
Old 03-03-11, 06:37 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TommyJames
I met a guy on Sunday at the LFA event who's car is currently in Customs in Vancouver. He said it will be stuck there a while because it's the first LFA to come into Canada. He wants to get involved in the exotic car community and so I'm going to plug him into a big group in Vancouver, which will mean there will be plenty of opportunity to see the car up there.

So did you drive it? What do you think?
Old 03-03-11, 07:45 AM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

I think it's an extremely well balanced car. What it lacks in off the line performance it makes up in stability in corners. It's a difficult car to upset and the average driver can get in and drive it well, while many other exotics have a learning curve. It's very unique and in a niche all its own. After driving it and having experience driving many different exotics, I think Lexus created a completely different feel in a high performance car.
Old 03-03-11, 08:25 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TommyJames
I think it's an extremely well balanced car. What it lacks in off the line performance it makes up in stability in corners. It's a difficult car to upset and the average driver can get in and drive it well, while many other exotics have a learning curve. It's very unique and in a niche all its own. After driving it and having experience driving many different exotics, I think Lexus created a completely different feel in a high performance car.
This is good to hear. It sounds like the years and miles of fine tuning did wonder for the car. Did it have launch control? What about highspeed feel?

Quick Reply: Official Canadian debut of Lexus LFA