LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-11, 04:36 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

07grIS350,

I agree, in the sense that the actual number of LFAs sold in the US so far would shock both Ferrari and Lambo. It was also shock a lot of exotic "opinion leaders". In fact, I bet simply out of sheer arrogance, many of these "opinion leaders" would refuse to acknowledge the sales numbers .
Old 02-18-11, 04:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

About a month ago, LexusEnthusiast.com got a response from Lexus that "about 20 are available for sale".

So, assuming 171 allocation was still the same, about 150 LFA have been sold in US.

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
This brings up the question that I have been pondering for the last few days. Are there any confirmed numbers yet for LFA sales? I have seen a few numbers thrown around in a couple of these threads stating there are still quite a few available.

My question to Lexus would be that if it was so important for celebrity exposure and high visibility buyers would it not have made more sense to have been more transparent from the outset?

The money aspect of number of cars sold is immaterial as they are taking a bath either way. However, would it not be better to have all 170 cars actually on the road throughout the country than only a few? Will the LFA be offered over the next few years if it isn't sold out?

Great news for the current buyers if sub-100 cars are actually sold as their cars will be even more rare and exclusive.
Old 02-18-11, 05:01 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
About a month ago, LexusEnthusiast.com got a response from Lexus that "about 20 are available for sale".

So, assuming 171 allocation was still the same, about 150 LFA have been sold in US.
Cool, thanks.

If the number is that high (and I would take a Lexus corporate statement with a grain of salt) that is quite impressive in this economy.
Old 02-18-11, 05:09 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

This brings up the question that I have been pondering for the last few days. Are there any confirmed numbers yet for LFA sales? I have seen a few numbers thrown around in a couple of these threads stating there are still quite a few available.

Two figures have been mentioned 60 and 20, so at worst only 110 sold, or at best 150 are spoken for.
Old 02-18-11, 05:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Two figures have been mentioned 60 and 20, so at worst only 110 sold, or at best 150 are spoken for.
Latest number that came from Lexus USA was "about 20 available still for sale is US" just about a month ago. The 60 is a much older figure.
Old 02-18-11, 06:17 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
It's been a slow day, so I will add some fuel to this fire

Even if the fantasy selection process were true, anyone with half a brain would know that there is no way Lexus can control or be held responsible/accountable for the actual drivers seen in their prized supercars. There are tons of ways to easily get around it if you really wanted an LFA, and had the coins. Lexus could have asked all the question they wanted, but I don’t think they’d make you take a lie detector test. The only person that publicly claimed he was rejected either did not have the funds, or wanted a celebrity discount and was refused.
Regarding not kissing up to current exotic owners, I actually think that was a deliberate move by Lexus. If Lambo only managed to sell 25 SV’s to this channel, with opinion leaders and all, how many LFA would Lexus have sold to these same people, probably a lot less .
Lexus USA has not sold all 170 units, but I think the actual number will shock both Lamborghini and Ferrari . Of course, we don’t have any direct confirmation right now, but we all have seen Lexus pulled similar trick before.
You talk like exotic owners are a different species. They are not. They are guys that find value in spending $400k on a car. They are no different from any of you, other than can simply afford a more expensive car. Are you much different from someone who can afford a less expensive car than you? Probably not. Those that write big checks on cars are not a large group no matter how you want to characterize them and it has very little to do with brand itself. You so badly want to blame or segregate exotic owners as something detrimental to the Lexus brand and my argument is the exact opposite. You think theses guys each own just one car or one brand? Hardly! They typically go through lots of different cars like they go through shoes. Can you tell everything about someone from one pair of shoes?

I've been on a lot of different forums and believe me there are just as many brand snobs right here. Guys plunking down $400k look at all types of data and the reasons for loving one over are as varied as the personalities driving. This past week, I was given a private tour of a friends garage that nobody knows about. He's got an elevator in office for his cars and nobody knows they exist. He had 23 exotics! He never, ever drives any of them and prefers to just collect them. He's unlike anyone I've met yet.

Lexus went the stereotypical route and thought that by corralling some black card members they could somehow sell cars as if 'rich' automatically means they buy an exotic. I know some people who own nothing else but their beloved exotic. To them it's worth giving up everything else. THATS the group that buys exotics and they buy a lot of different brands. To somehow segregate them as something Lexus doesn't want defies all logic.
Old 02-18-11, 06:21 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

My question to Lexus would be that if it was so important for celebrity exposure and high visibility buyers would it not have made more sense to have been more transparent from the outset?

The money aspect of number of cars sold is immaterial as they are taking a bath either way. However, would it not be better to have all 170 cars actually on the road throughout the country than only a few? Will the LFA be offered over the next few years if it isn't sold out?

Great news for the current buyers if sub-100 cars are actually sold as their cars will be even more rare and exclusive.
No, because if you flood the market, values tumble and it's harder for Lexus to come out with another car in the same category. Lexus has to think of this as a 30 year play and make sure that the values remain rather solid. They can depreciate, but if it's too fast, good luck selling that next car. They don't have to have a lot on the road to get exposure. Keep in mind there are only 40 Reventons out there (20 coupe and 20 roadsters) a just about everyone who's buying an exotic knows about them so it really doesn't take a lot. You want people to fight over the few cars, not dump them at auction.
Old 02-18-11, 11:37 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's white prototypes too. And weve never seen pictures of it. Wonder if she really is in possession of one or not.
Old 02-19-11, 07:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Back on topic to Paris Hilton's LFA, please, no more personal comments or reply to personal comments from this point on, take it to pm if you wish.

If you posted before you read this, please delete it immediately yourself. Thanks.
Old 02-19-11, 08:27 AM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by TF109B
There's white prototypes too. And weve never seen pictures of it. Wonder if she really is in possession of one or not.
The white prototype that is in the US was painted
Old 02-19-11, 10:14 AM
scdroptop

Received 47 Likes on 22 Posts

I heard Paris didn't want the yellow and traded for a white...is this that car you think????
Old 02-19-11, 11:13 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by scdroptop
I heard Paris didn't want the yellow and traded for a white...is this that car you think????
The yellow was a prank according to her twitter. The yellows is the same prototype seen everywhere so it was never up for sale to begin with.
Old 02-20-11, 02:54 PM
LexFather

Guys seriously, tone it down some. We are arguing over Paris Hilton for goodness sake

Yes this is a Lexus/LFA forum but let us keep an open-mind.
Old 02-20-11, 03:20 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Guys seriously, tone it down some. We are arguing over Paris Hilton for goodness sake

Yes this is a Lexus/LFA forum but let us keep an open-mind.
We wouldn't be the first guys.
Old 02-20-11, 06:15 PM
Timothyj
Pole Position

give it 2-3 weeks, crash.

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton