LFA Model (2012)

LFA and Paris Hilton

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-11, 03:06 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i too wonder what number she got, and what's the configuration of the car.

i tried to read through all the posts, but bottom line is, objectively speaking, i can't see why Paris wouldn't fit what Lexus is looking for in a buyer based on their criteria. Lexus wants the car to be driven, to be seen. That's the main point, right? It doesn't say people with a negative image can't buy the car. Besides she has an SLR as someone pointed out.

Last edited by raptor22; 02-17-11 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-17-11, 04:48 PM
allst4r
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol who cares.
Old 02-17-11, 04:54 PM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who cares what she buys?
She is obviously not as a dumb as you guys think.
yes she was born a hilton, however she has made her own money by doing guess what?
literally dumb things, by saying "thats hot" or whatever she does.
She creates a buzz around her, and people talking about what she is doing with her life.
this thread is a perfect example. I love how everyone is hating on her, and spending their own personal time.
For reals, yeah i think what she does is retarded, but i try not to spend my time talking about her.
(I didnt read this whole thread, just the first few posts)
Old 02-17-11, 05:28 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gengar
Can we get back on topic? I miss when this thread was just full of pictures of Paris Hilton and pink supercars.
This. I wonder if Paris got LFA #069?

**snickers**

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
Who cares what she buys?
She is obviously not as a dumb as you guys think.
yes she was born a hilton, however she has made her own money by doing guess what?
literally dumb things, by saying "thats hot" or whatever she does.
She creates a buzz around her, and people talking about what she is doing with her life.
this thread is a perfect example. I love how everyone is hating on her, and spending their own personal time.
For reals, yeah i think what she does is retarded, but i try not to spend my time talking about her.
(I didnt read this whole thread, just the first few posts)
Werd. Stars are blind *****es, like Oh Em Gee, I'm off to watch Moto GP with my new BFF. That's Hot.

lol.
Old 02-17-11, 06:04 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I think the "LFA is hated on every forum" is overblown. I've seen on a few Porsche forums and supercars forums a lot of respect for the LFA. Also a lot of respect for the LFA on Youtube.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Yes, whatever that is, the news is spreading like wildfire everywhere. On nearly every forum, there is the discussion about "Paris Hilton getting an LFA".

I agree with what was said earlier that there is so much hatred for this car, I have never seen anything like this and I have been following supercars since Porsche Carrera GT and Enzo came out way back in 2004. No one has hated a supercar this much and it is mostly because Lexus made its first supercar ever and went for the kill with competing against the most exclusive European supercars. People have this attitude "Lexus is supposed to be grand mother's cars. How dare they make a supercar and price it at $375,000".

It is just insane everyone and his brother over the internet is pouncing on bashing the LFA. Sadly, the group that bashes it the most is the Nissan GTR fanboys who keep repeating the samething over the internet as if LFA stole the Japanese thunder away from the Nissan GTR and it has become the most talked about car now.
The LFA did steal the GT-R's thunder, and rightfully so. It's the first true exotic supercar from Japan.
Old 02-17-11, 06:25 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lets give one to...

Old 02-17-11, 06:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LIMS407
lets give one to...

Osama Bin Laden?
Old 02-17-11, 08:05 PM
Lexitegra
Lexus Test Driver

I REALLY want to hate on Paris, but it doesn't change the fact that deep down, I'm just insanely jealous of her new ride
Old 02-17-11, 08:21 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

I am sure Jay Leno is also another one who will receive his LFA in not so distant future.
Old 02-18-11, 02:36 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I saw TMZ last night and they were reporting on the same Paris Hilton's LFA. They showed the same yellow LFA pictures in TMZ.

As she was walking with her boyfriend in an airport, the paparazzis were complementing Hilton on her new LFA "great job on the new Lexus LFA. what color is it?" To which she replied with a smile (pretending to be shy) "it's pearl white".

Anyway, I am still a bit baffled that no one has seen any pictures of her "pearl white LFA". Only the pictures of the yellow LFA prank are floating everywhere. Why the pictures of only yellow LFA everywhere, but nothing about her actual LFA??
Old 02-18-11, 02:43 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She probably hasn't gotten it yet, and since she's so popular everyone is jumping on the story thinking she has received it. That's my guess. I donno, maybe its hiding, Pearl white though, I wonder what color combo she is using.
Old 02-18-11, 02:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TF109B
She probably hasn't gotten it yet, and since she's so popular everyone is jumping on the story thinking she has received it. That's my guess. I donno, maybe its hiding, Pearl white though, I wonder what color combo she is using.
Her tweet said that her boyfriend then pulled up a white LFA after revealing the yellow one was a prank. So looks like she has already taken deliver.
Old 02-18-11, 03:14 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

It's very hard to hide a car like that anywhere. Didn't a pearl white already make it into the US?
Old 02-18-11, 04:09 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gengar
The problem is when the criticism is not based on reality and instead on the illusions that people created themselves. That was my objection. Look at some of the things people said in this thread.

An extensive selection process geared towards racing enthusiasts? Not based in fact.
Lexus saying that they were only going to select enthusiasts? Not based in fact.
"all the rejections"? Not based in fact - at least not that we have evidence for.

What emotions drive people to this? Love for a selection process that doesn't exist? Hate for a car that they can't understand? Who knows. But it's based in fantasy. That was my point in bringing up emotions like hate.

Yay, more blah, blah, blah. You've been posting this for about a year now, I'd think you would get tired of hearing yourself talk. It's funny you post this even though in this thread I already criticized how Lexus handled the selection process.

I'm also quite sorry you still take so much umbrage that you and your group of buddies didn't get your butts kissed by Lexus like you wanted. And if you really think I don't have thick skin, consider we've had to deal with you on this board for more than a year now.
It's been a slow day, so I will add some fuel to this fire

Even if the fantasy selection process were true, anyone with half a brain would know that there is no way Lexus can control or be held responsible/accountable for the actual drivers seen in their prized supercars. There are tons of ways to easily get around it if you really wanted an LFA, and had the coins. Lexus could have asked all the question they wanted, but I don’t think they’d make you take a lie detector test. The only person that publicly claimed he was rejected either did not have the funds, or wanted a celebrity discount and was refused.
Regarding not kissing up to current exotic owners, I actually think that was a deliberate move by Lexus. If Lambo only managed to sell 25 SV’s to this channel, with opinion leaders and all, how many LFA would Lexus have sold to these same people, probably a lot less .
Lexus USA has not sold all 170 units, but I think the actual number will shock both Lamborghini and Ferrari . Of course, we don’t have any direct confirmation right now, but we all have seen Lexus pulled similar trick before.
Old 02-18-11, 04:35 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Lexus USA has not sold all 170 units, but I think the actual number will shock both Lamborghini and Ferrari . Of course, we don’t have any direct confirmation right now, but we all have seen Lexus pulled similar trick before.
This brings up the question that I have been pondering for the last few days. Are there any confirmed numbers yet for LFA sales? I have seen a few numbers thrown around in a couple of these threads stating there are still quite a few available.

My question to Lexus would be that if it was so important for celebrity exposure and high visibility buyers would it not have made more sense to have been more transparent from the outset?

The money aspect of number of cars sold is immaterial as they are taking a bath either way. However, would it not be better to have all 170 cars actually on the road throughout the country than only a few? Will the LFA be offered over the next few years if it isn't sold out?

Great news for the current buyers if sub-100 cars are actually sold as their cars will be even more rare and exclusive.

Quick Reply: LFA and Paris Hilton