LFA Model (2012)

EXCLUSIVE: LFAs arrive in the USA. The Sexy Six (PART 2)

Old 01-26-11, 11:14 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
most have the red interior, interesting. but that would be my color choice anyway.

interesting how they make the first year only for the standard colors, i wonder what is the reason behind that
I really think it has something to do with paint availability. Granted anyone can mix paint, but many of the 20 special colors are not on the current Toyota/Lexus paint palette.
Old 01-26-11, 11:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is really incredible to see this level of customization and attention to detail from a "mainstream" luxury brand like Lexus. Even though I gawked at every press and prototype photo, and built however many hundred LFAs on Lexus.com, seeing this type of customization and unique craftsmanship on production cars just brings my appreciation to a completely different level.

Thanks, Ryan
Old 01-26-11, 11:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Wow, surprised so far to see how many people ordered LFAs with the lighter wheel options. I was expecting to see more dark finish wheels being chosen. Then again, these are only 6 for now, so I'm sure we will see a lot more of the dark wheel option in the future.
Originally Posted by GFerg
Wow, so the red interior is already played out for the LFA.

Originally Posted by cherplex
I'm really digging the red interiors. Hope I see one of these cars on the road.
Yeah I agree. I like the red but its time to see others! I'm pretty sure we'll see more colors as time goes on.
Old 01-26-11, 11:46 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Am I the only one who thinks the craftsmanship and attention to detail is far superior on the production models to those of the prototypes??
Old 01-26-11, 12:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Am I the only one who thinks the craftsmanship and attention to detail is far superior on the production models to those of the prototypes??
that makes sense right?
Old 01-26-11, 12:13 PM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

woohoo! great post! love the breakdown of each car!

a couple typos i spotted.

#005 has 'Red' Instrument Panel, Door Panel and Center Console
#026 looks like it has the Buff Polish Wheels.
Old 01-26-11, 01:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
It is really incredible to see this level of customization and attention to detail from a "mainstream" luxury brand like Lexus. Even though I gawked at every press and prototype photo, and built however many hundred LFAs on Lexus.com, seeing this type of customization and unique craftsmanship on production cars just brings my appreciation to a completely different level.

Thanks, Ryan
Well said. The details in this car are impeccable.

Haha stating the obvious? The Pursuit of Perfection. Kaizen, continuous improvement. duh!

Originally Posted by raptor22
woohoo! great post! love the breakdown of each car!

a couple typos i spotted.

#005 has 'Red' Instrument Panel, Door Panel and Center Console
#026 looks like it has the Buff Polish Wheels.
Changes made. Good lookin' out. Cutting and pasting was easy to a certain extent. LOL
Old 01-26-11, 01:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Well of course, that is why they are called pre-production prototypes. Prototypes, as in not in production yet, as in some last-minute minor details still being tweaked or changed, and exterior and interior panel fitments not at production specs.
Old 01-26-11, 01:58 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Well of course, that is why they are called pre-production prototypes. Prototypes, as in not in production yet, as in some last-minute minor details still being tweaked or changed, and exterior and interior panel fitments not at production specs.
Originally Posted by flipside909
Haha stating the obvious? The Pursuit of Perfection. Kaizen, continuous improvement. duh!

True. I mean the fit, finish, attention to details and quality is just astonishing.

Flipside: Is there any chance on earth you could get one of those LFAs on a weight scale and somehow see how much those LFAs are weighing??? Thanks.
Old 01-26-11, 02:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

True. I mean the fit, finish, attention to details and quality is just astonishing.

Flipside: Is there any chance on earth you could get one of those LFAs on a weight scale and somehow see how much those LFAs are weighing??? Thanks.
it only makes sense considering the buyers are paying 400k. lexus can't afford the kind of quality control on some other lexus, that's going to be epic
Old 01-26-11, 02:16 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The CF looks well done, it lines up nicely. Especialy the passenger side where it curves near the door! The f&f is beautiful, even the all black is easy to see the craftsmanship.
Old 01-26-11, 07:05 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Impressive writeup and photos! Looking forward to part 3. Btw does anyone know if there will be an official 0-60 numbers with the launch control functioning?
Old 01-26-11, 07:36 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read on some Poster for a dealership showing the LFA, that it was 3.2 seconds. At least that was their claim. Lexus says 3.6 to 100kmh, so maybe 3.5 3.4 or something?
Old 01-26-11, 10:15 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Hmm you must have never owned a Lexus before.

I doubt it but i'm sure it can happen...

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
Impressive writeup and photos! Looking forward to part 3. Btw does anyone know if there will be an official 0-60 numbers with the launch control functioning?
Thanks.

As far as officiated numbers, we have to wait and see if Lexus will publish those numbers. I'm guessing they will at some point in time.
Old 01-27-11, 06:13 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus LFA arriving at the dealership for delivery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipAVQ...layer_embedded

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EXCLUSIVE: LFAs arrive in the USA. The Sexy Six (PART 2)