If you want to make yourself some easy money,
Order a set or ten
Someone screwed up when they input the rotor
Prices
If they fill the order put them in a safe place and
Wait for your jackpot
My understanding is the LFA rotors are highr spec
Than F uses an I believe a set of 4 F rotors is about $20k
Are you talking about upgrading the rotors to carbon on the IS-F? The stock rotors only run about $1300 for all 4.
Old 01-07-11, 01:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah there is no way the IS-F rotors cost 20k, that's just absurd. They're not carbon ceramic, and maybe the LFA's rotors aren't that much for a reason, but Scott Pruett believes they are some of the best brakes in the world of supercars.
Old 01-07-11, 02:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

no i think by "f" s2000 means ferrari. of course isf rotors aren't that expensive. they are just normal brembo rotors, they are in the same ballpark as any other normal bbk out there. but carbon brake rotors, they are very expensive. unless lexus discovered something others haven't. but i think the brakes are from brembo
Old 01-07-11, 05:10 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It's funny how much Toyota wants for this stuff.. I don't if any one heard of the sales process.. It's quiet amusing!!

In any case, I think I'll take the 458 italia and enjoy it for two full years before I even see the LFA that you ordered two years ago!! Yupe it takes two years after ordering the car to actually receive it!!

400k, less than mediocre performance, yes.. Very exotic stuff in there... And a two year wait time... Along with a host of stipulations from Toyota while owning this car!! Totally not worth the headache!!

Dont understand why Toyota can't make a regular sports car and then complain that there is no money in sports car segment!! When Nissan can have two sports cars n chevy have two sports cars each and comfortably make a profit selling them... Why can't Toyota do the same instead of a ultra expensive mediocre exotic car!!
Old 01-07-11, 05:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE
It's funny how much Toyota wants for this stuff.. I don't if any one heard of the sales process.. It's quiet amusing!!

In any case, I think I'll take the 458 italia and enjoy it for two full years before I even see the LFA that you ordered two years ago!! Yupe it takes two years after ordering the car to actually receive it!!

400k, less than mediocre performance, yes.. Very exotic stuff in there... And a two year wait time... Along with a host of stipulations from Toyota while owning this car!! Totally not worth the headache!!

Dont understand why Toyota can't make a regular sports car and then complain that there is no money in sports car segment!! When Nissan can have two sports cars n chevy have two sports cars each and comfortably make a profit selling them... Why can't Toyota do the same instead of a ultra expensive mediocre exotic car!!
you probably want to read more details. lfa are being delivered already. production started 2 months ago and people start to receive their cars. the LAST car will be 2yrs from now

less than mediocre performance? like how? last i checked the car kicked a lot of butts on the track, maybe close tie with 458.
Old 01-07-11, 09:43 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you probably want to read more details. lfa are being delivered already. production started 2 months ago and people start to receive their cars. the LAST car will be 2yrs from now

less than mediocre performance? like how? last i checked the car kicked a lot of butts on the track, maybe close tie with 458.
Well if I am Lexus and I want to play ball with established super car makers and actually charge more for my product... What should my car be doing as far performance is concerned in all aspects??

Not almost equal a less expensive Ferrari... But rather beat it in all aspects and be cheaper!! Yes it has exotic material... And that is a song that's played way too many times!! Ohh yes, it sounds awesome!! Try going into a dealership and order one today... See what the dealership tells you. You actually need a special rep from the factory to meet you at the dealership to order one. And if you do overcome that then your car will be delivered in 2013!!

On the other hand, I can go to Ferrari and have one far before this LFA's carbon fiber weaving starts!!

I'm not saying that it's a bad car or anything but it's just too much hassle to get a car that will have it's rear end handed by a ZR1, slightly modded gtr.. Etc etc.. Ohh can it equal a 997 turbo s performance or can it even hold a candle to the gt2 Rs??

How about a 4yr old Z06 with some bolt ons? All things said and done, I think it was a cool concept car and that's about it. Well once you actually attempt to go thru the process of actually getting this car you will realize it's not worth it at all... I'm not saying I am but I know way too many people in the business.
Old 01-07-11, 10:22 PM
LexFather

Well if I am Lexus and I want to play ball with established super car makers and actually charge more for my product... What should my car be doing as far performance is concerned in all aspects??

Not almost equal a less expensive Ferrari... But rather beat it in all aspects and be cheaper!! Yes it has exotic material... And that is a song that's played way too many times!! Ohh yes, it sounds awesome!! Try going into a dealership and order one today... See what the dealership tells you. You actually need a special rep from the factory to meet you at the dealership to order one. And if you do overcome that then your car will be delivered in 2013!!

On the other hand, I can go to Ferrari and have one far before this LFA's carbon fiber weaving starts!!

I'm not saying that it's a bad car or anything but it's just too much hassle to get a car that will have it's rear end handed by a ZR1, slightly modded gtr.. Etc etc.. Ohh can it equal a 997 turbo s performance or can it even hold a candle to the gt2 Rs??

How about a 4yr old Z06 with some bolt ons? All things said and done, I think it was a cool concept car and that's about it. Well once you actually attempt to go thru the process of actually getting this car you will realize it's not worth it at all... I'm not saying I am but I know way too many people in the business.
Every review has said the LFA is one of the best sports cars made, clearly the best ever out of Japan. It sounds like you might not be impressed, which is fine but the industry is.

You demonstrate one of the points of the LFA, exclusivity. There will be thousands of 458s sold, only 500 LFA.

You might want to read the recent EVO review on it.

The 997 Turbo S is a acceleration freak. Outside of a Veyron not much can keep up with it.
Old 01-07-11, 11:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i see your points and i agree with some of them, but here's a few thoughts

1) where does 2013 come from? as far as i know, lexus is going to build and delivers all 500 cars (if sold) by end of 2012. that's been in their production plan from months ago. unless you are telling me otherwise and there have been changes in that, which no one has reported here (interesting in knowing more if so)

2) one might argue, but i don't think it's ever lexus' intention to create a lfa to compete in the exotic market (in terms of sales). if that's the case, then they fail pretty bad. it's a halo car and it's more about proving what they can and apply the technologies on their future cars. if they compete in the market, then they will need to have future roadmaps on lfa successors, which right now is nothing

3) if lexus is to enter the market. as a brand with no reputation in the exotic market, then i agree, yes, they have to make something better and sell it for less. that's pretty much their only way of entering the market. but again, i don't think they are even trying to do that. evidently, from a lot of posts in the other thread (feel free to read), lexus pretty much AVOID most of the existing exotic crowd.

4) your statement on performance can pretty much apply to a lot of other cars, too, including some cars that are even more expensive than the lfa. fact is (for a second let's put magazine review numbers as facts) lfa numbers have been pretty impressive against a lot of competitors, and faster than some cars that are more expensive. you are right some cars for cheaper probably performs better, but that's not a point only against the lfa. case in point? lfa gives the 599 gto a good run for the money, so to say. lfa beats the sv, which is quite a bit more expensive. you can feel free to apply your zr1 and gtr and gt2 rs for those cases as well and make those cars pointless to buy?

5) putting modded cars against factory is always a complete moot point imho. things can always be better. it's like say god forbids someone put FI on the lfa and then some suspension setup and it rips through others. pointless. one can make a normal civic dusting the veyron in 1/4 mile drag with mods. point is?

now please do understand, i am not against you at all. all along the way i think lexus' ordering process has been less than impressive and if anything it pisses off more people (those who can actually afford the car) than welcoming them. your posts do seem to strengthen my point. i also know people in that category (rich) who think lexus is a bit too cocky with their approach to sell this car.

but using that as an excuse to knock on the performance of the car, or the car as a whole, i don't think that's entirely valid.

Last edited by rominl; 01-07-11 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-07-11, 11:50 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Unfortunately, your post exemplifies the typical posts I see everywhere where Lexus LFA always brings up comments like "It is not X times the car for X times more money" when simply free market says "consumer will pay what the market will bare" so it is no one's business, but the customers who will pay for the car. Such a naive view. You brought up corvettes into the picture, so it is only fitting, as Adam Carolla said after stomping the LFA and ripping it through 3 gears:

"Sorry Vette owners, you might save a few bucks, but you will never get THIS"

It is the driver who can feel those differences (like all of them have), not keyboard warriors like us.

You calling LFA's performance "less than mediocre" shows your level of knowledge and biased view. In AutoBild track tests with the same professional race car drive (24-hours endurance racer, Sascha Bert), LFA killed all those cars you mentioned laps so as far as numbers are concerned, it is right u (GTR, ZR-1, Turbo S, LP570-4 SL, SLS AMG etc.) quite close to the 599 GTO, GT2 RS as far as race car performance goes. It is just that Lexus has been very modest about not parading around Lexus LFA's official lap times all over the internet (that in most case are never ever replicated in real life) and thrashing other brands. Good or bad, they are letting the real world results and people who drive it do the talking for them. That takes a lot of courage for such an expensive product.

I am not sure what you mean by Lexus "barely being equal to a lesser Ferrari". What about the $440,000 Ferrari 599 GTB??? Ever think about that?? You do realize LFA recently tested faster in 0 - 60 mph, 1/4, skidpad, handling, braking (and also won the overall C&D comparison) against the most expensive Enzo powered 6.0 L V12 Ferrari 599 GTB with $30,000 handling package that runs 3.4 secs, 11.2 secs on the sea level elevation. Right???

Sicklex hit the nail right on the head. Read the Evo "best engine of the year" and "best car of the year" and educate yourself a bit here. Here is a little summary I took out from it:

There is nothing in the world like the Lexus LFA. It is more special and intriguing than the 458 and demonstrates an extraordinary level of passion and commitment. Bespoke and limited edition, it is also a genuine supercar that can scare the pants off you. This is mainly thanks to it's extraordinary 552bhp 4.8-litre V10 that does everything a Carrera GT's does and then goes completely mad as it closes in on 9500rpm. Its uncompromising ride adds to the challenge, and it was generally agreed that it would have been a bit of a handful up on the moors,
but we were beguiled. "It's a beautiful thing, all the details, and it has the integrity and functionality of a Lexus. Feels like a step up from everything else here," said Meaden. "Very, very special," said Metcalfe. Thank you, Lexus.

I know a person who has an Evo X with several thousands of mods in it (increased boost, turbo back etc.) and putting close to 500 wheel HP, AWD, he ended up with a much cheaper car that can kill many of the stock cars you mentioned that reach $100K for 1/3rd the price. What is the point?? Would you put this modified Evo X as a comparable car to say, a ZR-1 because of the numbers on paper??

The fact that LFA is a technological marvel with engineering that has never been accomplished before.

You need a few here??

1 - A V10 that is smaller and lighter than a 3.0 Liter V6

2 - Despite having all luxuries imaginable (including 14-speakers), a base dry curb weight of 3263 lbs.

3 - 70% carbon fiber chassis

4 - A V10 that has throttle response only that can be matched by Porsche Carrera GT with a idle - 9500 rpm in over 0.5 seconds

5 - A full TFT screen for gauge cluster.

6 - 52/48% rear/front weight balance.

7 - LFA is no supercar with stuff used from the parts bin (many of the one's you brought up are!). Lexus had nothing to start with. They had to learn, research and purpose-built build the LFA all from scratch and when you cannot split costs through re-using stuff from a lesser trim line, it becomes very expensive to create everything. On the upside, since everything is taylor-made for that car, it comes out to be a far more coherent supercar.

8 - Lexus LFA has won 24-hour endurance races in near-stock trim with restrictors and weight penalties on since 560 ps is too powerful for the SP8 4.0 - 6.2L class. Street LFA having more power and equal weight to the race car is actually superior to the race car. I don't think you realize that most racing supercars have nothing in common with their road-going counterparts. Ever looked at the specs and drivetrain of ALMS Nissan GTR GT1 or Corvette C6-R ZR-1? Completely different from street trim. LFA is not one of them since its drivetrain was built for handling stress, heat and torture of racing.

9 - Lexus LFA was so expensive to R&D that the bean counters in Lexus wanted to shut the LFA down back in the mid-2005s until Akio Toyoda arrived and told them to shove it and ordered LFA to built and raced in endurance races no matter how much it costs the company. That is passion.

These are just a few of the exceptional feats of engineering and passion that have been poured into the LFA.

The other points sicklex already pointed out that while I see the bargain finder everyday full of those cars you mentioned for sale, yet I would never come across an LFA in a bargain finder on sales. It will always be reserved for the very exclusive elite people and it will be a car people will never get bored of since like every single person who has driven has said, this car is very very special full of soul, character and passion.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-08-11 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-08-11, 09:13 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Not to mention the LFA won't catch on fire like the 458.
Old 01-08-11, 12:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

May I please have the price and part numbers for the Left and/or Right "F" Fender badges??

I need to order a set asap.... for my F..

I LOVE the stand alone F look, compared to the busy badges found on the IS-F

OK - Thanks in Advance

Joe Z
Old 01-08-11, 01:45 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Part # 75361-77010
System isn't updated yet for that part, so no price. Dealer website is down right now so I can't check availability. Yes, I'm at work today. Fun stuff. If you PM me monday morning to remind me, I'll check availability.
Old 01-09-11, 08:03 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
8 - Lexus LFA has won 24-hour endurance races in near-stock trim with restrictors and weight penalties on since 560 ps is too powerful for the SP8 4.0 - 6.2L class. Street LFA having more power and equal weight to the race car is actually superior to the race car. I don't think you realize that most racing supercars have nothing in common with their road-going counterparts. Ever looked at the specs and drivetrain of ALMS Nissan GTR GT1 or Corvette C6-R ZR-1? Completely different from street trim. LFA is not one of them since its drivetrain was built for handling stress, heat and torture of racing.
Excellent post.
Re. point 8, Lexus raced its LFA's in order to shorten the development time. The cars was ran with minimal modifications, so that the engineers can directly see the results of their works on the eventual finished product. Therefore, Lexus is effective selling their race winning cars as street LFA's.
Old 01-09-11, 12:17 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not true, you do not have to wait 2 years. Lexus started taking LFA orders late last year and the first cars arrive in customer hands at the end of this month.

Mediocre performance? Not sure why you would think that . You call owning an LFA a "headache" yet you would gladly take a 458? You DO realize owning a Ferrari would give you even more headaches?

You're completely missing the point of the LFA if you think it's only about numbers.

Also based on your opinion, a lot of exotics are "mediocre" since many of them don't offer great performance for the price.

I have to be very up front here, but you comparing the Vette and Nissan sports cars to the LFA shows you do not understand at all a car like the LFA.
Old 01-08-12, 11:21 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Bringing up a old thread. Any dealers here find the LF-A badges pricing? I looked it up online and it says $4000 lol. I know the car is expensive, but isn't that a bit excessive for a badge? IS-F = $60k and the fender badge is $60. So that's about a 1:1000 ratio. LFA price is $400k and the badge is $4k that's a 100:1 price ratio. Maybe they're just keeping the price purposely high to keep it exclusive

Maybe those prices are wrong, can anyone here working at a dealership find out the actual pricing?

Quick Reply: Parts prices on the LFA.....