LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-11, 05:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Yes, at Infineon. I guess it's technically 4 days.
oh that's right, 4 days. umm, will i be in norcal that week
Old 07-14-11, 11:59 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder what prompted them to hold another Infineon event? I was told there wasn't going to be another one by the intructor. Either way, I would love to do it again.
Old 07-14-11, 02:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
I wonder what prompted them to hold another Infineon event? I was told there wasn't going to be another one by the intructor. Either way, I would love to do it again.
i think 2 possibilities. maybe there are more demands now with more cars delivered, although last time they offered the class they seemed to have problem filling up the slots. but more so i think it might be invite to bring prospective buyers in to demonstrate / try the cars. given lexus wants this to be a drivers car, that will be a good way to let people get a taste of the lfa
Old 07-14-11, 02:44 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Where can you sign up? I'd love to do this.
Old 07-14-11, 04:10 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SMH thats during SEMA....
Old 07-14-11, 04:44 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i think 2 possibilities. maybe there are more demands now with more cars delivered, although last time they offered the class they seemed to have problem filling up the slots. but more so i think it might be invite to bring prospective buyers in to demonstrate / try the cars. given lexus wants this to be a drivers car, that will be a good way to let people get a taste of the lfa
I heard there were a couple owners who couldn't make it out to the last one, plus I'm sure there are some new owners who might want to go, so this one might be owners only (well at least unless/until they have extra slots like last time).
Old 07-14-11, 05:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I heard there were a couple owners who couldn't make it out to the last one, plus I'm sure there are some new owners who might want to go, so this one might be owners only (well at least unless/until they have extra slots like last time).
if that's the case, they should definitely expand another day or two and allow the car to be driven by others perspective owners too. kind of like last time at infenion. i think that's important and useful
Old 07-14-11, 06:04 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by rominl
if that's the case, they should definitely expand another day or two and allow the car to be driven by others perspective owners too. kind of like last time at infenion. i think that's important and useful
ya, I should have said owners and prospective owners - just meant that it might not be open to the public this time, unless they have extra slots.
Old 07-14-11, 11:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

ya, I should have said owners and prospective owners - just meant that it might not be open to the public this time, unless they have extra slots.
yes, that's exactly what i said in the first place. i think that's the best thing they can do
Old 07-15-11, 10:50 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Is your LFA broken in yet?? Last time I remember, you had not been driving your LFA at all.

Are you planning on taking your own LFA??

Old 07-15-11, 11:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Is your LFA broken in yet?? Last time I remember, you had not been driving your LFA at all.

more than likely they won't allow you to bring your own car to the track, a lot of insurance and liability issues. if you bring your car and it's their event / driving school, that means they will likely need to inspect the vehicle to make sure it's in good condition, etc...

not to mention if i were to go for these programs, i might as well just drive their cars. they are the same. i would just bring my car to track events myself
Old 07-15-11, 07:11 PM
gengar

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

Yes, the rev limiter went off at 311 mi. I hit that a couple weeks ago. I did take a video but the glare is pretty bad. I might post it anyway.

I assume the sessions at Infineon will be in #32. Maybe P014 if it's still around. It's difficult and costly to ship cars, so that's not an attractive option for a 1-day course.
Old 07-15-11, 07:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yes, the rev limiter went off at 311 mi. I hit that a couple weeks ago. I did take a video but the glare is pretty bad. I might post it anyway.

I assume the sessions at Infineon will be in #32. Maybe P014 if it's still around. It's difficult and costly to ship cars, so that's not an attractive option for a 1-day course.
very true, i wonder how many cars would be there. it would suck if people have to shift places, time wasted on seat adjustments, etc...
Old 07-15-11, 09:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Please do share some cool videos of your LFA with us. I have been waiting to see those.

Also, I am sure you received the video of previous Infineon driver development program. Is it possible for you to post that video Lexus sent you on this board?? Thanks.

Old 08-10-11, 08:01 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

A UPS box shows up today.

Inside was my framed plaque (they offered to ship these to us) from the Driver's Development program back in March.

Also in the box was a nice picture in a matching frame with me next to 032 (I do not recall anyone mentioning we would get this).

Gengar and 07, did your stuff just show up too?

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)