LFA Model (2012)

Gran Turismo 5: 570 HP Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Feature

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 09:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts
Default Gran Turismo 5: 570 HP Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Feature

It says Nurburgring edition's recorded lap time was 7:24. However, I don't believe it is officially the quickest lap time, which is said to be under 7:20 according to 'Lexus Europe' on its twitter chat.

Old 12-03-10, 10:42 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

As I pointed out in the other thread, this "magazine" was just a project by a GT5 fan using in-game screenshots from GT5 to demonstrate how good the in-game graphics are. He just took in-game screens of the LFA (note that it's a regular LFA and not the Nürburgring Edition as the latter is not even in GT5) and arranged them to look like a magazine and added the text. He's done this with a couple other cars - it's a really good job, but the text is not anything substantive.
Old 12-04-10, 01:00 AM
jgc
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can easily tell those pics are from GT5.

Great game btw
Old 12-04-10, 01:36 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wrong color paint and wheels, no fixed rear wing or carbon fiber canards on the front bumper either. The LFA Nurburgring edition is said to be as fast as the race car. In other words below 7:20 around the ring.
Old 12-04-10, 07:22 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Wrong color paint and wheels, no fixed rear wing or carbon fiber canards on the front bumper either. The LFA Nurburgring edition is said to be as fast as the race car. In other words below 7:20 around the ring.
Apparently the "race car" was pretty much a regular LFA with racing tires, because the purposes of doing the races was to develop and test the model for eventual production.
Old 12-04-10, 11:03 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Apparently the "race car" was pretty much a regular LFA with racing tires, because the purposes of doing the races was to develop and test the model for eventual production.
The race car was actually de-tuned to match requirements of the SP8 class down to 500 HP and limited at 7500 rpm.

Well, these are officially the differences for the Nurburgring edition

- Faster shift speed
- Racing super-slick tires
- Carbon fiber lighter weight fixed wing
- Aero package
- 10 more horsepower
- Race tuned suspension
- Some weight reduction (????)
Old 12-04-10, 04:34 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to see lexus playing into the same BS ferrari and lambo do- releasing insanely priced "special editions" with worthless horsepower increases and a body kit that go for sometimes more than double the regular sticker price. 10hp??? so a 1.5% increase? I'd be interested to see what the margin of error is on dyno numbers, 10 horsepower is negligible on a 560hp motor. But as it goes, if people will pay for it they'll charge it
Old 12-04-10, 05:44 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Love the shot of the flames shooting out of the tri-exhaust, even tho it is not real.
Old 12-04-10, 06:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Klaus
Sad to see lexus playing into the same BS ferrari and lambo do- releasing insanely priced "special editions" with worthless horsepower increases and a body kit that go for sometimes more than double the regular sticker price. 10hp??? so a 1.5% increase? I'd be interested to see what the margin of error is on dyno numbers, 10 horsepower is negligible on a 560hp motor. But as it goes, if people will pay for it they'll charge it
double the price? you really don't know that much about the nur edition do you?
Old 12-04-10, 09:39 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Obviously he doesn't. And obviously he doesn't know that the 'package' is pretty much racing instructions and a year pass on the Nurburgring, which is why it's called the 'Nurburgring Edition' in the first place! And yes, I know the N24 car was a production LFA, besides the widebody fenders, racing tires, stripped interior, roll cage and fire equipment, and fixed rear wing. Besides that, everything is as is. You could basically do everything youself to your LFA and make it the N24 car, minus the air restrictors. Do you really think that the slick tires made up for the loss of 50-60hp? That's my question.
Old 12-05-10, 02:02 PM
Klaus
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
double the price? you really don't know that much about the nur edition do you?
Maybe I wasn't too clear on this. I know the nur edition is an extra $70k and it just seems like that's an absurd price to pay given the minimal upgrades involved. I mean you're telling me that 10hp, a lip, a wing, and change of suspension and wheels is morth more than an IS-F? "double the price" was just used in the ferrari and lamborghini examples.

Now what I DIDN'T know was what TF109 said, and I went and looked it up:

"In addition to the Nürburgring vehicle specifications, a package of special privileges is included in association with the Nürburgring course itself. The perks comprise, but are not limited to, private parking, co-pilot ride, one night at the Lindner Congress and Motorsport Hotel Nürburgring, private training with Nürburgring chief driving instructor, a Nürburgring branded jacket, as well as a one-year annual pass valid for driving on the Nordschleife and admission to ring°werk leisure park."

Now THAT is pretty cool
Old 12-05-10, 04:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That is no Nurburgring edition pictured. Definitely just a fan that tried to make it look like one. The modified front bumper and wing are missing.

Originally Posted by Klaus
Huh? The LFA Nurburgring Edition is double the price of a regular LFA? Where do you get your information?

I would respectfully advise you to check the specs and pricing of the Nurburgring package for the LFA before making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

Yes the HP increase is negligible, but the package is more than "just a body kit". Better handling, stability, and acceleration/top speed are what the package gives over a regular LFA.

Also as already mentioned, the package includes special VIP priviledges at the Nurburgring itself.
Old 12-06-10, 02:48 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

The Nurb' edition would definitely be my choice! I would cancel things that added weight and make it as light as possible, go ahead and spank higher powered cars.
Old 12-06-10, 05:32 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The race car was actually de-tuned to match requirements of the SP8 class down to 500 HP and limited at 7500 rpm.

Well, these are officially the differences for the Nurburgring edition

- Faster shift speed
- Racing super-slick tires
- Carbon fiber lighter weight fixed wing
- Aero package
- 10 more horsepower
- Race tuned suspension
- Some weight reduction (????)
That is untrue. Not sure about the 500hp either, but since I can't remember and am too lazy to check, I won't bother arguing.
Old 12-06-10, 07:29 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The Nurb' edition would definitely be my choice! I would cancel things that added weight and make it as light as possible, go ahead and spank higher powered cars.
Has there been any word on the weight reduction on car??

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 12-06-10 at 07:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5: 570 HP Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition Feature