Another LFA pic from GT5:

-blivr.jpg
Old 11-22-10, 09:26 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshIS408
im sorry forza 3 ftw...car sounds exactly as it does in person
You're being serious aren't you? The LFA sounds nothing like the way Forza makes it sound. I haven't heard it in GT5 yet, I don't think any of us here have. But it looks ten times better.
Old 11-22-10, 09:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Sounds like a sewing machine in the Forza. Absolutely terrible.

LFA's engine in Chris Harris' words goes "absolute potty" after 7000 rpm (in other words, becomes very high strung and strained) while the Forza video LFA sounds like a weed eater motor even at 9500 rpm.

Originally Posted by TF109B
You're being serious aren't you? The LFA sounds nothing like the way Forza makes it sound. I haven't heard it in GT5 yet, I don't think any of us here have. But it looks ten times better.
Old 11-23-10, 10:24 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's pretty awesome... that said, I still refuse to pay for any of this downloadable content. I mean the fact that they want us to pay like $5 for each of these packs is just absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
im sure gt5 is going to be better then forza in every way. but in the meantime, ill be playing forza till gt5 comes out (next month!!!)
Based on info released about the game, that's already not true, which is kind of disappointing.

Fewer exotics, fewer tracks, no full paint/decal customization system (which is huge for me personally), who knows how much they improved damage and AI, but they were unimpressive in Prologue. Forza 3 has quite a few things on GT5. I think by next generation, Forza may be the clear winner... but they still lack quite a few things right now (weather effects, nighttime races, and graphically GT5 wins the battle).

I mean I respect GT5's physics engine, and the game is stunningly beautiful (which is important for a racing game), but I think PD spends a little too much time making billion-polygon car models, and not enough time on other aspects of the gameplay.
Old 11-23-10, 01:33 PM
Turnten
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, you know I work with Lexus Mag, and I wanted to share some cool photos of how they prepped the LFA for the cameras.

Check the rest of the photos and story out here and let me know what you think.

Last edited by Turnten; 11-23-10 at 02:00 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 11:33 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Yeah we saw that in another thread.

GT will always be better than Flopza. Sorry it's the truth. In Flopza the cars seem to float on the track. The handling is atrocious. Permanent steering assist? That's not a sim! That's a sham! As well as charging out the *** for cars that should be included with the game. They can't even ACCURATELY depict half the cars in the first place. Flopza is nothing compared to GT5. Already there is videos of GT5 that blow anything Forza3 has out of the water. I suggest anyone who questions this, hit up Youtube and type in GT5.
Old 11-24-10, 05:54 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

lol as i predicted, forza bashing thread. hahahahha, silly gt fanboys. i personally like both games but forza more since its more customizable.
Old 11-24-10, 08:58 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

another rant i've heard from people is how unrealistic GT is in the sense of damage.

Beats me as to why some people are so concerned with that factor, but at least you'd think the GT developers would've included more realism in that after spending years and many delays making this game;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVTGAhnHviA

at 160km/h into a wall, a car would be decently smashed, not just scuffed up paint wise.
Old 11-24-10, 11:39 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

forza is the same but the hood would be crushed and the front bumper would be gone.
Old 11-24-10, 12:50 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
forza is the same but the hood would be crushed and the front bumper would be gone.
Does GT5 have "simulation" damage? It's sort of a misnomer, but you know what I'm talking about: where you can damage various components of your car in a crash. Or is the damage in GT5 just cosmetic? But yeah, that would have been a good amount worse of an accident in Forza 3.

Originally Posted by TF109B
Yeah we saw that in another thread.

GT will always be better than Flopza. Sorry it's the truth. In Flopza the cars seem to float on the track. The handling is atrocious. Permanent steering assist? That's not a sim! That's a sham! As well as charging out the *** for cars that should be included with the game. They can't even ACCURATELY depict half the cars in the first place. Flopza is nothing compared to GT5. Already there is videos of GT5 that blow anything Forza3 has out of the water. I suggest anyone who questions this, hit up Youtube and type in GT5.
Heh, based on reviews so far, most gaming publications seem to disagree with you. As do I based on what I've seen and played.

But then again, you DID just call the game Flopza... How can anyone who comes up with such a brilliantly deprecating nickname be wrong?

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 11-24-10 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-24-10, 10:23 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

You mean the one's that are paid by Micro$oft, like IGN? Yeah I know. I bet Forza and it's 9.5 out of 10 makes it such a better game than GT5. So every car has a cockpit view. One's that aren't even accurately depicted. How about that 'perma-steer' steering assist? Can't turn that off in Forza can ya? Nope. I'm sure Forza appeals to SOME people, but GT appeals to a LOT of people. GT5P outsold Forza 1 2 and 3. In other words, it's Flopza, because it's supposedly the 'best thing out there' in terms of racing games huh? Why is it that it has trouble even selling more than 3 million copies? The graphics are bland and dull, the replays look like a cartoon, the suspension does nothing for the car, there is no pitch and roll in any car at all, they all drive as flat as a board. That's what you call a sim? I'm not saying it's a BAD game, but it's not GT. Sorry, while this may be my opinion, it is shared with millions of others. GT sales are over 50 million from 4.5 games. Forza is what? Forza 1 had 1.5 million, Forza 2 had 3.5 million, and now Forza 3 has hit about 2 million as of early this year. Compare that to GT sales. 9 or 10 million for each game besides GT5P, and that even sold 4.6 million. One game from GT has outsold every game of Forza combined. I'm sure my view and those statistics speak for themselves.
Old 11-24-10, 11:27 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

just because it doesnt sell a lot doesnt mean its a "flop". 2 million is a repectable number still. ever heard of gtr 2? thats a racing sim. i couldnt find the sales numbers on that but i know for sure it didnt sell more than gran turismo but it is as sim as you can get. but i guess it sucks cause it didnt sell as much right?
Old 11-25-10, 05:39 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Another LFA pic from GT5:

That is amazing. I thought it was a real life photo at first.
Old 11-25-10, 06:31 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Phamboogie
just because it doesnt sell a lot doesnt mean its a "flop". 2 million is a repectable number still. ever heard of gtr 2? thats a racing sim. i couldnt find the sales numbers on that but i know for sure it didnt sell more than gran turismo but it is as sim as you can get. but i guess it sucks cause it didnt sell as much right?
I called Forza a flop because they say it's the best racing sim/game there is. It's not. Not in terms of sales and not in terms of realism. GT isn't the realist sim there is either, but from a developer standpoint it has gone where other games only follow. Without GT there would be no Forza, NFS Shift, etc. GT opened the door for racing games, to say otherwise is wrong, Forza to me is a flop since they claim it's so much better than everything else. Permanent steering assist? That's not sim, that's a sham! Same with the rewind feature!

Quick Reply: “Stig’s Garage Car Pack" for Forza will include a LFA