LFA Model (2012)

AutoBild: Nurburgring Full Version Comparo: LFA vs Nissan GTR vs LP570-4 vs Weismann

Old 09-25-10, 08:27 AM
digicidal
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Even if one of either value or everyday driving were not factored, the GTR would drop in the ranking.
Not simply to point out the obvious but....

When you consider the overall proximity to the competition (albeit behind in many categories) of the GTR factoring in the price as tested... it came in way ahead IMHO.

I realize that this comparison is purely about driving satisfaction and price-no-object performance on the track... but you can buy 4 GTR's for the price of 1 LFA - and at least 2 of them for every other car tested.

The LFA is truly an amazing feat of automotive engineering, but the fact that Nissan was able to deliver a vehicle that is 80-90% as good in nearly every aspect as supercars costing as much as 400% more deserves much respect as well.
Old 09-25-10, 01:12 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digicidal

When you consider the overall proximity to the competition (albeit behind in many categories) of the GTR factoring in the price as tested... it came in way ahead IMHO.

I realize that this comparison is purely about driving satisfaction and price-no-object performance on the track... but you can buy 4 GTR's for the price of 1 LFA - and at least 2 of them for every other car tested.

The LFA is truly an amazing feat of automotive engineering, but the fact that Nissan was able to deliver a vehicle that is 80-90% as good in nearly every aspect as supercars costing as much as 400% more deserves much respect as well.
Jesus Christ, here we go again.
Old 09-25-10, 01:46 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Similarly, I can buy two EVO X and mod atleast one of them to become hardcore track cars for the price of one GTR.

Today, I saw 2 used GTR for sale in the sunday 'Sun' newspaper at a dealership. I doubt I will ever see an LFA for sale randomly in a newspaper. People never understand.

Originally Posted by digicidal

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-25-10 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-11-10, 02:31 AM
Celsius
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HSVRX350
Just got my GTR the other day, all I know is it's almost as fast as my Formula Mazda.

congrats