LFA Model (2012)

Holy hell, did I just get laid!!?? Ride in the LFA!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-10, 11:07 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts
Exclamation Holy hell, did I just get laid!!?? Ride in the LFA!

So I was lucky enough to get a ride in the LFA at the NJ event. And it was INTENSE! I really was not prepared at all for what was going to happen to me. We jet out of the pits and over the first hill where my feet are no longer on the floor, but are in the air touching the dashboard and I immediately say to myself, "oh %&^#!! We are about go in on this course". So as I'm trying to get myself situated in the seat to take in this experience (with a camera in my right hand) we hit the next corner full throttle. Im pinned in my seat eyes wide open, with biggest goofiest smile across my face. We are cutting the corners so close narrowly missing the dirt/grass by centimeters and the car just holds the line all the way through. The grip this car has is phenomenal and the body does not seem to roll. Not once does it feel unsettling, everything is smooth. So we exit the turn into a small straight where we reach about 130mph or so. The transmission really adds a lot of pleasure to this ride. Every upshift is lightening quick and seriously bangs into the next higher gear. You feel the shifts, and you can definitely hear the clutch engaging and disengaging. Sensory overload. Its incredible!!

At this point I'm thinking okay, maybe I can sit up now and get this camera under control. NOPE! BAM, hits the brakes. Okay, now I'm up, but dammit, Im to far forward! The stopping power this car has doesnt even make sense. The braking was more of a rush than the acceleration! We downshift a couple of gears then full throttle through the left hand turn and Im pinned to the seat bolster. The seats have very high bolstering which is a necessity, but it was damn comfortable and seriously fit like a glove (once seated properly). At this point Im still not up straight and Im saying to myself "Really? Are you serious? You're not gonna let me get right before we hit the next corner?"

We accelerate hard to a nice long right hand sweeper. Engine probably around 7-8k rpm, just singing beautiful music, which was about when the LFA and I fell in love. It was heavenly. In defeat I just say, "ah the hell with the camera, this car is sexy". Yea, it kind of had its way with me but....... I liked it.

We hit the long straight where we top out at about 150mph. I'm thinking we were gonig back into the pits, but no we keep going. Round 2. I fully understand why low mass and center of gravity was so important. Once you sit properly, the car felt solid. You do not roll around in the car much at all. In the LFA briefing (and yall can correct me if I am wrong) they said something about your hips being at the perfect seating position so you feel your entire body turning and not just your torso, or your head.

I fall deeper in love. She handles round 2 better than 1. In my mind, our relationship felt exclusive. We were an item. When two become one.

As we were pulling into the pit, sweat pouring from my body, heart racing, and heavy breathing, it was hard for me to let go. I wasnt ready to leave, but she didnt love me like I loved her and proceeded to give the next person a ride of their lives. Just one hell of a one night stand.

LFA and Gferg's Sex Tape
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn0SkfDLaUY

Old 04-30-10, 11:13 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Great pictures GFerg and your description of the ride and emotions couldn't have been said any better. I felt the same! I hate it too when love is one sided! LOL

BTW does anyone know what kind of tires are on the LF-A? Are they PS2s?
Old 04-30-10, 11:15 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Gassing up the LFA while I was on the way out. I am assuming they changed the tires and brakes as well as the car didnt make it back onto the track until an hour and a half later. They ran a couple slow laps as well, but couldnt stay much longer to see if they were giving any more rides.

Old 04-30-10, 11:17 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
I fall deeper in love. She handles round 2 better than 1. In my mind, our relationship felt exclusive. We were an item. When two become one.

♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♫♪ Gerren and the LFA, sitting 'neath a tree.

* - * - * - * - I - N - G ! ! ! ♪♫♫♪♫♪♫♫♪
Old 04-30-10, 11:24 AM
LexFather

G I am so happy for you!! Great read, love the "sex tape"
Old 04-30-10, 11:26 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Slow laps. Shake down. The long right hand turn where I fell madly in love.

Old 04-30-10, 11:29 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Sounds like you had a great time Hope you brought a change of pants though
Old 04-30-10, 11:33 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Couple more videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDtOO_FES5Q&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bR7Ks1KBj4

I have more, but I have to upload those later.
Old 04-30-10, 11:36 AM
Des@Cerritos
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds INCREDIBLE!
Old 04-30-10, 12:03 PM
votru
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for sharing the experience....totally seeing you doing this after get out of the car. In future, please give warning for these type of R-rated material due to graphic content .
Old 04-30-10, 12:12 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

The autocross event was really nice. Did not expect to go into a briefing about how to properly drive a car on an autocross track. Talked about contact patch, when to brake, accelerate, weight transfer etc. It was pretty cool. We hit the track and of course I go for the IS-F. What a powerful car, and it handled pretty damn well IMO though a tad nose heavy. I really like the advancement in the Lexus stability control systems. Other vehicles seem to completely cut power when tires are slipping or apply full braking power, but once it gains traction, full power comes back on immediately. The Lexus system seemed to gradually reduce and increase power making the entire operation much smoother and way easier to control.

I drove the IS-F about 3 or 4 times. I used the paddle shifters on the last go around. I noticed a couple things. Shift times seemed to be incredibly quicker using the paddles, the throttle felt a little more responsive, and the stability and traction systems seem to cut in later. But does the steering get a little tighter and direct as well? I wasnt sure if it was some sort of placebo effect or if that really happens? One thing I didnt like about the paddles is the fact that they turn with the wheel. No bueno on an autocross track. I did attempt to switch to the gear shifter, but by that time I was exiting the last turn.

Big shocker of the day. IS350 F-sport. Man what a beautiful handling vehicle. I hope Im not the only one, but it felt so much better piloting this vehicle than the IS F through the autocross. It definitely felt lighter and nimbler, and the noises it made at full throttle sounded damn good compared to the IS F. IMO, on that short course, it kind of felt just as fast as the F off the line, but of course the F is the faster car once speeds get higher. As I left the starting line into the first turn before the acceleration zone I totally forgot that I was in the F-sport model as everything felt the same as the IS F. That was until I hit the brakes. I choked and gasped for air as I was thrown forward into the seatbelt. Then I had a flash back of the presenter showing us how massive the F-Sport Brakes were.

The IS line is a great line, and I loved how they performed.

I hoped in the GS350 F-sport. Always loved the extra space compared to the IS, and the dash lay out is phenomenal. But even with all the goodies it was no match in the handling and braking department. After driving the two IS's, the GS felt completely out of place. Matter of fact, I was disappointed. Steering is much to light for my tastes (even lighter than my 97 Maxima ), but it is direct with no play in the steering at all. Its a great car that needs to stay on the roads, and not a track.

The color on this GS is fantastic!

LS Sport. I liked the interior more than I thought. However still not a fan of the matte wood trim. And the bodykit is straight up TACKY!!

Beating the crap out of the GS!

Last edited by GFerg; 04-30-10 at 12:45 PM.
Old 04-30-10, 12:28 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent report and pics. I almost felt like I was there (or at least I can wish).
Old 04-30-10, 12:39 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

G! Awesome write up on the LFA! I guess they should hand out condoms in place of helmets as you get in it

So happy you had a chance to ride in that car!! I'm enjoying the videos and pictures too, keep them and your impressions coming
Old 04-30-10, 12:40 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Last few pics.

I could have sworn there was a third car there when I first arrived. Didnt pay to much attention as I blew past them so I could make my way to see the LFA!

I wasnt a big fan of this black 0-60 IS-F, mainly due to the carbon fiber fenders (looked out of place in pics). But its not bad at all in person. The wheels looked sensational and the Greddy exhaust is absolutely incredible! To bad they wont make it.

Last edited by GFerg; 04-30-10 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-30-10, 12:54 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Oh, also not sure how anyone could not consider the white seats in the IS F. They looked phenomenal!! My goodness, what a hot color combination. Im sure the main concern is keeping it clean, but Im thinking this car has been to all of the events in the past year and unless they are scrubbing the leather before and after each event, it seemed to hold up very well.

Quick Reply: Holy hell, did I just get laid!!?? Ride in the LFA!