LFA Model (2012)

Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10, 10:59 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I think your ride is more "private/potential buyer" than mine. I go Wednesday.
Yeah that's right. The first two days are reserved for potential buyers and VIP's. The F-Sport Day is Wednesday for the general enthusiasts.
Old 01-23-10, 01:40 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
so in japan you can buy the car straight out? i thought all cars are to be leased for 2 yrs with intention to buy. or are they saying they need to see 500k cash in your bank for you to qualify (to lease for 2 yrs and then buy)?
Yes you can buy the car outright here, but you don't have to have $500K in the bank. You can buy the car if needs be through a bank loan, basically Lexus is not concerned where you get the money , just that you have it from what I can gather. I honestly have not asked about the having to hold onto it for 2 years, next time I go for a car wash I will ask.

Originally Posted by encore888
The "all cars leased" is being reported by some sites still, and is incorrect.

Only the 150 LFAs in the US will be lease-only for the first two years. In Europe, Japan, etc. you can buy the LFA outright.

Hope you get it Dave600hL! But the odds are tough.
I hope so too, I will just have to leave it to fate.
Old 01-23-10, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
The "all cars leased" is being reported by some sites still, and is incorrect.

Only the 150 LFAs in the US will be lease-only for the first two years. In Europe, Japan, etc. you can buy the LFA outright.

Hope you get it Dave600hL! But the odds are tough.
ah gotcha, thanks for correcting me
Old 01-25-10, 02:41 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
When I asked about a factory visit to watch the car being built the response was there was not too much of interest in the area.
I'm in discussion with Lexus reps about this and also delivery in Japan for US buyers. Dunno if anything will happen as it doesn't seem like they were ever planning for such activities.
Old 03-05-10, 05:48 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Another update,

The draw will most likely be next week at our dealership, still waiting to get a date that the other people on the waiting list can agree on. But at this stage it could be on the 7th or the 10th of this month.
Old 03-05-10, 06:35 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Good luck with the drawing Dave.

I have not heard anything specific about when Lexus will start contacting folks in the US with allocations (beyond the March to June mentioned in the Leasing info thread I started in Car Chat).

The last input I received from my contact at Lexus is that he needs to first be told the final number of cars the US will receive (info coming from Japan) prior to contacting buyers.

I also read a blurb somewhere mentioning that allocations will not be set until the Geneva show.
Old 03-05-10, 06:42 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

+1 Good Luck Dave, I really hope things work out for you!
Old 03-05-10, 08:58 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Another update,

The draw will most likely be next week at our dealership, still waiting to get a date that the other people on the waiting list can agree on. But at this stage it could be on the 7th or the 10th of this month.
good luck dave!!! are you going to the temple more these days for good luck?
Old 03-05-10, 10:16 AM
LexFather

Good luck Dave we are all pulling for you!!!
Old 03-05-10, 01:22 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They should give you an extra straw because of your contributions to ClubLexus.
Old 03-08-10, 04:23 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Another update,

Well, today is the 8th (over here) and you're probably signing some paper works since you haven't reported back since yesterday the 7th, right???
If not, we'll be waiting for the 10th

man, I'm getting excited for you.
Old 03-08-10, 07:30 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Well, today is the 8th (over here) and you're probably signing some paper works since you haven't reported back since yesterday the 7th, right???
If not, we'll be waiting for the 10th

man, I'm getting excited for you.
Nothing yet.

It looks like it is going to be tomorrow(10th) unless someone is unable to make it for some reason.
Old 03-08-10, 08:36 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

man, good luck Dave! if anything goes wrong....make it the end of the road for your competitors.

jk, but seriously, is there anyway you can convince your dealer or corporate why you should be chosen for an LFA? I think the mere fact that once you receive yours, you will graciously share intimate details and give us great insight of what it is like to own an LFA, which means in the future, because we have had these first hand experiences being shared with us, it would give us motivation and incentive to purchase future F cars for our own.
Old 03-08-10, 09:11 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by G Star
man, good luck Dave! if anything goes wrong....make it the end of the road for your competitors.

jk, but seriously, is there anyway you can convince your dealer or corporate why you should be chosen for an LFA? I think the mere fact that once you receive yours, you will graciously share intimate details and give us great insight of what it is like to own an LFA, which means in the future, because we have had these first hand experiences being shared with us, it would give us motivation and incentive to purchase future F cars for our own.
Unfortunately no.
Old 03-08-10, 09:53 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the update Dave600hL!

All things being equal, if 7 people are having a drawing that means a 14.3% chance of any one getting the lucky draw...so those are tough odds. In contrast, the recent news of buyers in Singapore snapping them up (total allocation of 2) at a much higher price $800K+ US...I wonder for the pent-up demand in Japan, there might be a later purchasing option or some other method?

Quick Reply: Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.