LFA Model (2012)

Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.

Old 03-18-10, 12:54 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Whoa we have another LFA owner hopeful here. Good luck to you!

So the winners are gonna be hand-picked in Japan too after all? Thought they were gonna be randomly chosen through a draw which has already been reschduled for a few times according to Dave. Did they change the process somehow?
There's a process in Japan, where the allocation is 1 per dealer, and because each dealer has a waiting list, a drawing is done per dealer there.

However, internationally, particularly for markets where there is a national waiting list (US, etc.), then those are picked by Lexus corporate for a number of factors.
Old 03-18-10, 01:08 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
There's a process in Japan, where the allocation is 1 per dealer, and because each dealer has a waiting list, a drawing is done per dealer there.

However, internationally, particularly for markets where there is a national waiting list (US, etc.), then those are picked by Lexus corporate for a number of factors.
Yeah, but from anajri's post I was under the impression that he's in Japan too, hence the 1100 candidates.
Old 03-18-10, 02:49 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh, you may be right, but from his sig I thought he was from the Dominican Republic?
Old 03-18-10, 03:09 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Oh, you may be right, but from his sig I thought he was from the Dominican Republic?
Haha, you're right, didn't notice the obvious in his sig. And he did say he received the letter "from" Japan, not "in" Japan. So the 1100 number could very well be the number of applications either worldwide or in the sales region that includes Dominican Republic (Latin America?). I'd be very surprised if it's the latter case though--1100 applications for a $375k (assuming US pricing) car in a region not exactly known for lots of rich people simply sounds too unrealistic to me. If 1100 does mean worldwide then we have now the confirmation that ALL of the 500 LFAs have been completely sold out/spoken for, likely long ago.

Last edited by Mister Two; 03-18-10 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-18-10, 09:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by anajri
Dave

just so you know, I can follow up on all youve said. I too I'm on the list. I just recieved a letter from Japan giving info on the process. as you said the aplication process was fowarded because of the demand and they stops accepting at 1100 aplications. the letter assuerd me i'm in that batch 1100 and that in april these entries will be hand picked after every one is analysed.... hopefully we will be two winners from the forum... we see what april brings...

do you have any addicional info on the track version.?
i have not recieved any info on this?

Alf
I have not even asked about the track version. I will ask next time I go in for a car wash. Good luck with your efforts too.

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Whoa we have another LFA owner hopeful here. Good luck to you!

So the winners are gonna be hand-picked in Japan too after all? Thought they were gonna be randomly chosen through a draw which has already been reschduled for a few times according to Dave. Did they change the process somehow?

Yes , you are right Encore, only one per dealer.
Old 03-19-10, 06:33 AM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys
yes I'm from the Dominican republic.. I distribute toyota and lexus cars here.

From what I read I also assumed the 1100 aplication are world wide and thats why they stoped the aplication process because aplication where still comming in.. any way my fingers are crossed.. Dave i'm also pulling for ya.. hopefully we can get this...
Old 03-19-10, 08:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

we can definitely use more lfa owners on CL good luck to both of you!!!!!
Old 04-08-10, 08:23 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I got the phone call today confirming the draw, 10 o'clock tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Old 04-08-10, 10:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

best of luck dave!!!!!
Old 04-08-10, 11:03 PM
LexFather

Good luck Dave!
Old 04-08-10, 11:25 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-10, 04:15 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Best of Luck Dave!!
Old 04-09-10, 06:00 AM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TripleL
Best of Luck Dave!!
Dave best of luck

I received this email a couple of days ago but was out of town, i have been assigned a LF-A unofficially.. i will post the real email as soon as the oficial letter comes in.

Hello Najri san,

I hope you are well.

As you know, we have been advised unofficially that you will be allocated one unit of LF-A.

Though the official announcement is somewhat delayed, we have been able to confirm that your unit is scheduled to be produced in April 2011.

As soon as we receive the official announcement, we will be sure to forward it to you accordingly but wanted to advise you of this news ahead of time.

Best regards,

Dave oncve again best of luck.. hopefully we can be talking about this in the near futuree and exchanging expiriances
regards
ALfredo

Last edited by anajri; 04-09-10 at 06:04 AM.
Old 04-09-10, 11:36 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Congratz Najri!!

And best of luck Dave!
Old 04-09-10, 12:45 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Congratulations Najri,

The regional procedural variations are entertaining.

I have my official notification of an allocation but no idea when the car will be built.

From speaking with the product expert assigned to my account, the factory will call the shots on what is built when.

Next week I will bring my credit application and $10K to the dealer to get things going.

Good Luck again Dave!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.