LFA Model (2012)

Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-10, 10:43 PM
LexFather

GO DAVE!! Hope you get a chance!
Old 03-09-10, 12:06 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
Thx for the update Dave600hL!

All things being equal, if 7 people are having a drawing that means a 14.3% chance of any one getting the lucky draw...so those are tough odds. In contrast, the recent news of buyers in Singapore snapping them up (total allocation of 2) at a much higher price $800K+ US...I wonder for the pent-up demand in Japan, there might be a later purchasing option or some other method?
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
GO DAVE!! Hope you get a chance!
Wow, when you look at the % it really sucks. I have not contemplated the possibility of not getting one yet, but if I do end up not drawing favorably it is going to be a reality check, b/c this is one car that I have really wanted. Chin up, it is not over yet.
Old 03-09-10, 02:49 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Wow, when you look at the % it really sucks. I have not contemplated the possibility of not getting one yet, but if I do end up not drawing favorably it is going to be a reality check, b/c this is one car that I have really wanted. Chin up, it is not over yet.
If there is any time to use the power of "the secret" it would be now, so let us all collectively continuously KNOW that Dave is going to get it, and he will.
Old 03-10-10, 07:15 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Sorry guys, I got you all worked up for nothing. The draw has been pushed back again to the 10th of April. I will keep you posted. There seems to be a few busy people, myself included.

Interesting tidbit, flat black is a $12K option. (I was discussing what options other people are looking at and this caught my eye)
Old 03-10-10, 07:20 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ah, lol the anticipation will have to stay bottled up!!! Yes, matte black is expensive, the US price is $20K.

...what's another month when it's the LFA?
Old 03-10-10, 07:35 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks for the update Dave.

Still no word here.

If you saw the blurb about the 2 cars ordered in Asia, any idea what the Nordschleife tuning package is?
Old 03-11-10, 03:49 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Thanks for the update Dave.

Still no word here.

If you saw the blurb about the 2 cars ordered in Asia, any idea what the Nordschleife tuning package is?
I think a lot of people are curious what this mysterious 'Ring tuning package is.

Not a word yet from Lexus about it.
Old 03-11-10, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

np dave, i continue to pray for you and that gives you more time to visit the temple more often too best of luck!
Old 03-12-10, 10:56 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Here is the US version of the "track" package info fresh my inside source.

"Nurburgring Package:" A "track" package will be available that includes a fixed rear wing, larger front spoiler, sports tuned suspension, high grip tire, +hp (10-15??). $70,000 cost. My understanding is that the idea is to replicate the Gazoo Racing LF-A which raced at the 24hr at Nurburgring. This will differ vs. European vehicles which will receive fixed carbon fiber seats (don't meet US standards) and full carbon fiber door trim. No change to 0-60 or top speed. Still waiting for the final hp numbers and marketing name.

I asked about Alcantara on the steering wheel in place of leather, no to that.

I asked for an update on allocations. The plan is set. They just need upper Management sign off. Upper Management is busy with you know what other stuff these days.

I also got a "nothing to worry about" comment so I still feel my allocation is gonna come through.
Old 03-17-10, 04:10 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

It's a week after the 10th now and with no word from Dave, maybe he didn't get the draw... or he's still jumping for joy?
Old 03-17-10, 05:30 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

He posted just above that it's been moved to April 10th, was supposed to be in March...
Old 03-17-10, 08:06 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by AznJason
It's a week after the 10th now and with no word from Dave, maybe he didn't get the draw... or he's still jumping for joy?
Originally everything was to be released in March, but because of all the recent Toyota news, they pushed it back to a later date. No need to draw conclusions.
Old 03-18-10, 04:35 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznJason
Originally Posted by flipside909
Originally everything was to be released in March, but because of all the recent Toyota news, they pushed it back to a later date. No need to draw conclusions.
Yes , I am still waiting for April 10th to come around. Lucky I have been extremely busy at work and this has keep my mind off things.
Old 03-18-10, 11:02 AM
anajri
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lfa

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Yes , I am still waiting for April 10th to come around. Lucky I have been extremely busy at work and this has keep my mind off things.
Dave

just so you know, I can follow up on all youve said. I too I'm on the list. I just recieved a letter from Japan giving info on the process. as you said the aplication process was fowarded because of the demand and they stops accepting at 1100 aplications. the letter assuerd me i'm in that batch 1100 and that in april these entries will be hand picked after every one is analysed.... hopefully we will be two winners from the forum... we see what april brings...

do you have any addicional info on the track version.?
i have not recieved any info on this?

Alf
Old 03-18-10, 11:28 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by anajri
Dave

just so you know, I can follow up on all youve said. I too I'm on the list. I just recieved a letter from Japan giving info on the process. as you said the aplication process was fowarded because of the demand and they stops accepting at 1100 aplications. the letter assuerd me i'm in that batch 1100 and that in april these entries will be hand picked after every one is analysed.... hopefully we will be two winners from the forum... we see what april brings...

do you have any addicional info on the track version.?
i have not recieved any info on this?

Alf
Whoa we have another LFA owner hopeful here. Good luck to you!

So the winners are gonna be hand-picked in Japan too after all? Thought they were gonna be randomly chosen through a draw which has already been reschduled for a few times according to Dave. Did they change the process somehow?

Quick Reply: Japan's cut off date forwarded due to demand.