LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Old 10-11-10, 04:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

That s*cks!!! I have been wanting to see that commercial for a very long time and still had no luck with it. I wonder why Lexus is not airing it more often?

Originally Posted by GFerg
I have seen that other LFA commercial that apparently no one else has seen again this weekend. lol.

It was on ESPNU during one of the college football games (same channel as the first time). I guess they are trying to up their cool factor with college kids by looking for their approval.
Old 10-11-10, 09:26 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen that other LFA commercial that apparently no one else has seen again this weekend. lol.

It was on ESPNU during one of the college football games (same channel as the first time). I guess they are trying to up their cool factor with college kids by looking for their approval.
Could you describe the commercial?
Old 10-12-10, 03:10 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusMan77
Could you describe the commercial?
Found it on Youtube. They have been playing it like crazy on ESPNU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTBZGeIVCk
Old 10-12-10, 04:07 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Found it on Youtube. They have been playing it like crazy on ESPNU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzTBZGeIVCk
Thanks for the find. Not what I expected though. Thought it would include something new or different instead old recycled footage.

Last edited by LexusMan77; 10-12-10 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-12-10, 04:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Yea. Its basically what I described the first time. Mixture of the pitch commercial with some track scenes. Would have been cool to use new footage, but its still a cool commercial.
Old 10-13-10, 12:52 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found out a little more on some of the LFA's carbon body...

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/10/12...r-body-panels/

Article states this company Toray Industries, will produce carbon fiber body panels for the LFA. Hoods and roofs the article says. With Toray Industries though, they supposedly have a very cost effective way of producing carbon fiber, so if Toyota and Subaru are to use them, we could potentially see carbon fiber used more often in their lineup of cars.
Old 10-13-10, 06:31 AM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TF109B
I found out a little more on some of the LFA's carbon body...

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/10/12...r-body-panels/

Article states this company Toray Industries, will produce carbon fiber body panels for the LFA. Hoods and roofs the article says. With Toray Industries though, they supposedly have a very cost effective way of producing carbon fiber, so if Toyota and Subaru are to use them, we could potentially see carbon fiber used more often in their lineup of cars.
You read the article a little wrong. It actually says that Toray will supply them with materials. Toyota will be manufacturing the actual panels (I'd hope so after they bought that rotary loom).
Old 10-13-10, 08:30 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Although, regarding part 2 of the Autobild super comparo, obviously LFA did not win overall in the subjective scoring. However, the rumors are that LFA's fastest lap time of Nurburgring still stands even in part 2. In part 2, the cars being tested were 458 Italia, Porsche 911 Turbo S, SLS AMG and the rumor is that all these cars lapped around Nurburgring slower than the LFA and LFA is the overall Nurburgring champion.

We will find out this friday.
Old 10-13-10, 01:06 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Koma
You read the article a little wrong. It actually says that Toray will supply them with materials. Toyota will be manufacturing the actual panels (I'd hope so after they bought that rotary loom).
I didn't read the article wrong, here's exactly what it says-

Toray Industries, a leading producer of carbon fiber material, will begin supplying both Toyota and Fuji Heavy Industries (parent company of Subaru) with the lightweight product for use on upcoming vehicles. Toyota will reportedly use the carbon fiber to produce hoods and roofs for the Lexus LFA
In other words they are the carbon fiber supplier and Toyota uses it to make the hoods and roofs of the LFA. Which is in turn Toray making them. It is Toyota using Toray's carbon fiber, but I'm assuming this is just a certain type of CF, like a sheet, because the other parts of the LFA are done by Toyota in house.

Last edited by TF109B; 10-13-10 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-13-10, 01:30 PM
Koma

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TF109B
I didn't read the article wrong, here's exactly what it says-

In other words they are the carbon fiber supplier and Toyota uses it to make the hoods and roofs of the LFA. Which is in turn Toray making them. It is Toyota using Toray's carbon fiber, but I'm assuming this is just a certain type of CF, like a sheet, because the other parts of the LFA are done by Toyota in house.
I read it as Toray supplies the raw material (either sheets of raw weaved carbon fiber or maybe just the fibers themselves) that Toyota is going to use to make panels like the roof and hood.
Not Toray has materials and is going to make panels that Toyota will cut/mold to make hoods and roofs.

Carbon fiber is literally that, fibers made from carbon like cotton fibers. The fibers by themselves don't do anything without weaving them and then using a polymer to hold them together. I have a feeling Toray is supplying raw strands of carbon fiber to Toyota and Toyota is weaving and molding them into panels. As seen from the video of the loom weaving the LFA a-pillar.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding both the article and what you're saying.
Old 10-13-10, 01:33 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Akio Toyoda drives the Nurburgring edition of LFA chasing a standard edition LFA in the wet:

Akio Toyoda:

"Naruse, Please keep watching over us forever from the sky."

This quote will probably end up in my signature.
Old 10-13-10, 02:05 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I read that on the Gazoo website. Picked it up off of lexusenthusiast.com too. That Nurburgring edition is sick. I really hope they take the LFA to GT1 so we can see it blast the competition. They just need to race that thing. I'm betting it'll be even more extreme than the N24 edition!
Old 10-13-10, 02:12 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Well I just hope that with all the 'Ring running time they've so heavily invested in they will eventually publish one of their best laps of the production car (of both the regular and the Ring Edition), or the LFA will be forever stuck with such ridiculously bad-looking lap time of 7:38 from 3rd parties when we all know it can do so much better. Come on, Akio, you have the video evidence of your record-breaking lap somewhere I'm 110% sure. What's the shame in publishing something that will clearly awe the world and elevate Toyota and Lexus's performance image? Isn't that what your halo car is all about?

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-13-10 at 02:15 PM.
Old 10-13-10, 02:31 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

There is absolutely no need for that. This never used to exist before stupid Nissan started doing that for the GTR to market it as quicker than its benchmark, the 911 Turbo 997.1 and then Porsche fell into that trap, so did GM for the ZR-1 and CTS-V.

Everyone with half a brain knows LFA is simply in a different league, as far as track performance is concerned.

I think the Autobild comparison said everything that on the same day, under same conditions, LFA is faster than all of those so-called 7:29 or 7:27 second cars (ZR-1 and GTR), which were much slower despite the tire advantage. That is all that matters.

The 7:29 is the best bragging rights for the fanbois and to parade around the internet, but nothing more than that.

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Well I just hope that with all the 'Ring running time they've so heavily invested in they will eventually publish one of their best laps of the production car (of both the regular and the Ring Edition), or the LFA will be forever stuck with such ridiculously bad-looking lap time of 7:38 from 3rd parties when we all know it can do so much better. Come on, Akio, you have the video evidence of your record-breaking lap somewhere I'm 110% sure. What's the shame in publishing something that will clearly awe the world and elevate Toyota and Lexus's performance image? Isn't that what your halo car is all about?

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 10-13-10 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-13-10, 03:28 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
There is absolutely no need for that.

I think the Autobild comparison said everything that on the same day, under same conditions, LFA is faster than all of those so-called 7:29 or 7:27 second cars (ZR-1 and GTR), which were much slower despite the tire advantage. That is all that matters.

The 7:29 is the best bragging rights for the fanbois and to parade around the internet, but nothing more than that.
Sorry but in reality only the Internet fanbois know such details of individual lap times from the same mags. For the 95% of the people out there who read little more than company PRs and Wikipedia, the LFA surely looks bad. Porsche, BMW, Nissan, GM, Chrysler, etc. ALL pride themselves in publishing in the PRs their best 'Ring times that are otherwise never achievable by 3rd-party drivers. If Lexus doesn't do the same, they are just wasting a big opportunity and leaving themselves in the dust here.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-13-10 at 03:31 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)