LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Old 10-06-10, 03:01 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Have you seen it in person? It looks fine to me, I just don't think those are good pictures. I'm sure the car looks good though, even if it's not my first choice of colors.
Yeah, I saw it in person.

Look, i like the LFA. It's really cool, its fast, its exotic-like and its a Lexus...which means a lot to me. If I had the 375K sitting around I'd buy one. I just think the front could have been made to look better. Its not ugly but its not as attractive as the rest of the car....not as attractive as it needs to be for 375K. IMO.
I would still buy one. If I had that kinda cheddar, I could get someone to mould or fabricate something to improve it to my liking.
Old 10-06-10, 03:30 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't like the front end that's cool. I think it looks fine the way it is. It doesn't need to look like anything but what it is. If it were more like ferrari or Lambo, it wouldn't be the LFA. I've learned to appreciate cars for what they are. There are some that aren't the greatest, but then there are some you just have to look at as a whole and appreciate the package. The LFA is one of those cars for me. The Nurb edition I think looks even better. The front lip spoiler/splitter and the side canards give it that race look, then the rear wing and the different style wheels all make it more attractive in my eyes. I hope someone in the US options for that model and shows it off!
Old 10-06-10, 05:15 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

So now we have confirmation that US of A is receiving 175 LFA.

My guess was 171 to be exact I was quite close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NOV...layer_embedded
Old 10-06-10, 06:48 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
If you don't like the front end that's cool. I think it looks fine the way it is. It doesn't need to look like anything but what it is. If it were more like ferrari or Lambo, it wouldn't be the LFA. I've learned to appreciate cars for what they are. There are some that aren't the greatest, but then there are some you just have to look at as a whole and appreciate the package. The LFA is one of those cars for me. The Nurb edition I think looks even better. The front lip spoiler/splitter and the side canards give it that race look, then the rear wing and the different style wheels all make it more attractive in my eyes. I hope someone in the US options for that model and shows it off!
Making it worse for me is how good the prototypes looked up front. Beautifully shapes headlights, grill and facia. The they make the real thing look like it doesn't belong to the rest of the car.
No biggie to me. I'd still buy one if I had the cash. Either customize the front of get it in black. Then I'd put some sweet wheels on it that take the attention away from the front.
I know how to make it right.
Old 10-06-10, 08:14 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Making it worse for me is how good the prototypes looked up front. Beautifully shapes headlights, grill and facia. The they make the real thing look like it doesn't belong to the rest of the car.
No biggie to me. I'd still buy one if I had the cash. Either customize the front of get it in black. Then I'd put some sweet wheels on it that take the attention away from the front.
I know how to make it right.
I don't think the prototype looked as good. The headlights weren't. Maybe there could be some sharper edges on the production car's front bumper, but those strips of LEDs going down probably wouldn't have made it to production regardless. I never expected them to. I thought the concept looked incomplete, unfinished. The mirrors were what let me down i think. I don't like the production car's mirrors that much either, a bit big for me, but they have purpose. I also like the race cars 3/4 behind the windows, I don't like the radiator intake as much, but it still looks good to me.
Old 10-07-10, 07:18 AM
LexFather

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/For...te_Collection/

Stig must REALLY like the LFA

Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Edition hits stores this October!

Turn 10 Staff, 9.30.2010

Available in North American retail stores in late October, Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection is the definitive retail package for fans who want to experience the best racing the Xbox 360 has to offer. Combining the massive amount of cars and tracks found in the original Forza Motorsport 3 with all of the current Forza 3 Add-on packs released so far, as well as exclusive new content, Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection is perfect for the fledgling Forza fan or the seasoned racing vet looking to experience what they’ve missed since Forza 3’s original 2009 release.

The announcement of Forza 3 Ultimate Collection also signals the beginning of a long-term partnership between Turn 10 Studios and the BBC’s worldwide smash Top Gear. Automotive fans all over the world turn to Top Gear for its compelling views on automotive news, outstanding car reviews, and features that can’t be found anywhere else. Whether it’s the Top Gear Web site, magazine, or the phenomenal television series, the Top Gear brand is synonymous with cutting-edge automotive entertainment.

9_28_Stigs_garage_3car

You won’t need to look far to find the Top Gear/Forza partnership off and running--yes, that’s The Stig on the cover of the Ultimate Collection. And, in keeping with Forza’s tradition of putting you behind the wheel of some of the world’s most amazing cars, the Ultimate Collection introduces “Stig’s Garage Car Pack”, a downloadable trio of cars available only to Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection owners via a content card included in the Ultimate Collection packaging. The three “Stig’s Garage” cars include:

Lexus LFA
Koenigsegg CCX
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

In addition to “Stig’s Garage Car Pack”, Ultimate Collection owners will also receive a token for a free download of a 90-minute Top Gear video compilation featuring Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May and produced especially for Ultimate Collection owners, as well as an exclusive Xbox LIVE Top Gear premium dashboard theme.

The Forza 3 Ultimate Collection is the largest Forza entry yet: comprising 500 premium cars with fully modeled cockpits; each completely customizable via upgrades and through Forza’s groundbreaking in-game paint and decal system. Ultimate Collection will also feature all cars and tracks found in the previously released Forza 3 Add-on Packs including:

Motorsports Legends Pack
October Track Pack (Benchmark and Sidewinder tracks)
Hot Holidays Pack
Autoweek Car Show Pack
Nürburgring Grand Prix Circuit Track pack
Jalopnik Car Pack
Road & Track Car Pack
Exotic Car Pack
Summer Velocity Pack
World Class Car Pack

Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection will also include seven new car models, including:

Lancia 037 Stradale
Jaguar D-Type
Plymouth Cuda
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
Audi TT RS Coupe
Audi R15 TDI
Porsche 550A Spyder

9_28Stigs_garage_whitespace

The world’s best automobiles combine with some of racing’s most famous circuits in Forza 3 Ultimate Collection; the game will have more than 100 track layouts to race on, including Laguna Seca, Tsukuba, Road America, as well as endurance tracks like Le Mans de la Sarthe and the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

When you aren’t taking your cars on track and putting them up against the game’s demanding AI, Ultimate Collection owners will also be able to take advantage of Forza 3’s outstanding community features, from eight-player online racing via Xbox LIVE, to sharing their paint shop, photography, and video creations with the wider Forza world via the storefront. Racing, drifting, drag, tuning, painting, photography, video… it’s all here for you in the Ultimate Collection.

Look for the Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection on store shelves in late October in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany and in other territories in the coming months.
Old 10-07-10, 07:45 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't mind those three in my garage...
Old 10-07-10, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

with the sls on his list, that really means function > form
Old 10-07-10, 08:52 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
with the sls on his list, that really means function > form
I'm surprised that the SLS is even included... I'm pretty sure the Stig didn't like it in his review. Nor did Clarkson (for stupid reasons though).
Old 10-07-10, 09:12 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

On the topic of styling, yes while not everyone likes the front of the LFA, it still looks FAR better than the 458 front end IMHO. I think it's pretty hard for anyone to argue that the 458 front end looks better than the LFA.

I'm also getting really tired of hearing about the SLS. It's an over-hyped car, and I bet Benz must be paying huge dollars for the car to be so hyped everywhere.
Old 10-07-10, 09:51 AM
Vin1971
Driver

hopefully the lotto god be nice to me
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-bilde.jpg  
Old 10-07-10, 11:19 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

AutoExpress UK will be doing Lexus LFA versus Porsche 911 GT2 RS comparo. They said the magazine will hit this thursday.

They did not include LFA in the "car of the year" since they say it is "too rare, too expensive and too extreme" for our comparison:

Anyone getting this magazine?

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/videos/...eo_review.html'

I like the "too extreme" part. The more extreme, the better in my book.
Old 10-07-10, 12:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Some extreme driving there. Look at his eyes rolling back into his head due to the g-forces:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gRkyqsvQm0
Old 10-07-10, 12:15 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Some extreme driving there. Look at his eyes rolling back into his head due to the g-forces:
LMAO... I like how the guy literally wetted his pants afterwards.

Real lucky of him to get to experience the race car version.

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-07-10 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10-07-10, 12:36 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
I wouldn't mind those three in my garage...
Except the SLS for me ......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)