LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 11:34 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-26-10, 02:02 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good pictures. I like the lower angle shots, to show off how low to the ground the car sits. In comparison to an average man's height, the roof line sits near your hips. That's pretty low slung.
Old 09-26-10, 06:42 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
It definitely is the class of the field STILL in FIA GT1, and in previous seasons of FIA GT. I think it won the championships 3 times already, and it's only been racing fully since 2005. It finished 3rd it's first race in 2004, then the next race it won.

Sounds about right. The guys at Vitaphone are a pretty solid crew too, I hope the LFA can even do half as well if this rumor turns out to be true.
Old 09-26-10, 04:13 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
A bit more real?

Sounds like some serious bias.
Old 09-27-10, 10:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry that I haven't had a chance to add some text to the pictures above, but I was just extremely excited and wanted to get them up!

Anyway, even with how spectacular this car is, the one thing that amazes me most is how many people know what an LFA is! This was a private event at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens so the car showed up early, and as you might imagine everyone within a mile radious came running, snapping pictures saying, "IT'S AN LFA! IT'S THE LEXUS SUPERCAR! IS THAT AN LFA!?!?!" - I'm talking young and old, male and female, all walks of life. Everyone knew what the car was, which really surprised me.

Even this morning while discussing our weekends, I commented to my coworker that I drove the LFA and three heads turn around and said, "THE LEXUS LFA SUPERCAR?!?!?!"

Anyway, the car is just amazing. I will leave it at that. There are no words, no comparisons...it's like an automotive body suit with superman as the driver.
Old 09-27-10, 11:44 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Sweet!

Very well said.

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Sorry that I haven't had a chance to add some text to the pictures above, but I was just extremely excited and wanted to get them up!

Anyway, even with how spectacular this car is, the one thing that amazes me most is how many people know what an LFA is! This was a private event at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens so the car showed up early, and as you might imagine everyone within a mile radious came running, snapping pictures saying, "IT'S AN LFA! IT'S THE LEXUS SUPERCAR! IS THAT AN LFA!?!?!" - I'm talking young and old, male and female, all walks of life. Everyone knew what the car was, which really surprised me.

Even this morning while discussing our weekends, I commented to my coworker that I drove the LFA and three heads turn around and said, "THE LEXUS LFA SUPERCAR?!?!?!"

Anyway, the car is just amazing. I will leave it at that. There are no words, no comparisons...it's like an automotive body suit with superman as the driver.
Old 09-28-10, 08:37 AM
LexFather

Mike, lovely pics mahn!!!

Multiple places are posting the same source saying the LFA roadster is coming......

http://www.leftlanenews.com/report-l...uary-2014.html
Old 09-28-10, 08:52 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Great pictures MP, up close and personal!!
Old 09-28-10, 09:25 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

LFA's horn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGrYe...layer_embedded

Carbon fiber roof in this Japanese prototype:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkUS2fu_m2k
Old 09-28-10, 10:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

the 2nd one, sounds like it's in taiwan (my guess)?
Old 09-29-10, 01:50 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Picture of the Nurburgring Edition being tested on what else but the Nurburgring! More pictures here- http://www.pistonspy.com/v/2010/Spys...rgring-edition

Video of concept to production to shots of the Nurburgring edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSF1rF7H1xc

Here's another video, in Japanese, but the Race LFA was being shifted at 7500rpm around Fuji, top speed on the straights was around 250-260kmh, lap time though, 1:50.16 Super GT lap times are in the 1:33's in qualifying earlier this year in May. Not far off for a car restricted in power and short shifting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaJZmolmPwg

Last edited by TF109B; 09-29-10 at 02:07 AM.
Old 09-29-10, 02:12 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TF109B
Someone can't tell a Gallardo SL from an LFA LOL!

Great pics. I'm sure the Ring edition will totally destroy the regular LFA on the track but I personally don't really care for that tacked-on look of the front aero kit. They should really do it like the LF-A race car with the fins attached directly to the bumper instead of over a huge block of black thing that looks out of place.

Old 09-29-10, 07:07 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Someone can't tell a Gallardo SL from an LFA LOL!

Great pics. I'm sure the Ring edition will totally destroy the regular LFA on the track but I personally don't really care for that tacked-on look of the front aero kit. They should really do it like the LF-A race car with the fins attached directly to the bumper instead of over a huge block of black thing that looks out of place.

That's camo.
Old 09-29-10, 07:33 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MR_F1
That's camo.
Fit and finish (and the symmetry between the left and right) look almost too good to be the usual tape camo to me, but I sure hope you're right.

EDIT: NVM, you have to be right, since we already have the official Ring Edition pic.

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-29-10 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-29-10, 09:01 AM
LexFather

Top Gear finally updated their site

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/tg-...down?imageNo=8

The Lexus, on the other hand, is almost too sharp. It skitters about more than any of its rivals, needs a careful hand on the wheel and a quick brain on the job, even with its traction control switched firmly on. As I concluded when I drove it at the Nordschleife last autumn, the 560bhp, V10 LFA is probably the maddest car ever to come out of Japan, and definitely the craziest product to emerge from the company that brought us the Prius. I'm loving the Lexus.

At least they have what must surely be 2010's five most compelling-looking cars to distract them. I'm still buzzing from my rapid-fire drive, but it's time to get a proper handle on these things. Pat D dismisses the LFA as a mutant Supra, and the truth is that this is an eternally gestating motor-show concept car that nearly didn't make it out of the starting blocks at all. But it's also the number one crowd-stopper and though not all the people we speak to like it, everyone wants to know what it is. And then they all want to know how much it costs, and are naturally rather surprised to hear that it's 340 big ones. Lexus will lose money on every carbon-bodied LFA it sells, which only underlines the madness at work here.

Its interior is also remarkable. It's sensationally well made. It has easily the best door handles and indicator stalks I've ever used, and the dials in the instrument display are powered by tiny motors and so glide across the binnacle in the most gloriously pointless way. The LFA's centre console is a wonderful aluminium slab, a gleaming, retro-futuristic edifice with a little joystick that moves a cursor round on a screen. This is brilliant fun but also utterly hopeless on the move, and the reason why I almost drive the car into a kerb while trying to find Ken Bruce's Popmaster on Radio 2.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)