LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-10, 06:31 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanted to post two of my favorite LFA pics: Richard Hammond nailing it, with a priceless expression
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-hammond.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-hammond2.jpg  
Old 02-26-10, 12:53 PM
LexFather

At Park Place

Old 02-26-10, 12:54 PM
LexFather

Old 02-26-10, 02:24 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
At Park Place

I love this pic. The LFA looks so elegant
Old 02-26-10, 02:31 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Koma
You know what would be a great commercial for Lexus?

The show the LS parking between the two pyramids of champagne glasses and you hear in the distant background a high pitch whine. As the sound gets closer the view pans out and shows an LFA winding around a corner on to a straight which the LS is parking. As the LFA roars by at full tilt, the champagne glasses rock over and shatter.

Ending tag line. "Breaking our own boundaries Lexus F"
They should really pull an Audi and feature their whole line up. From luxury to sport.
Old 02-26-10, 04:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

for me, the lfa is one of the best car designs EVER.
Old 03-04-10, 12:20 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LFA allocation in Singapore

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...375345,00.html

$1.25m Lexus sold at speed of light
Two units for S'pore snapped up before price announcement
By SAMUEL EE

(SINGAPORE) How fast can one sell the new $1.248 million Lexus LFA supercar - the first that Japan has ever produced? Probably as fast as the car itself. Two units bound for Singapore were sold even before the price was confirmed.

Authorised Lexus distributor Borneo Motors Singapore said two long-time Lexus owners snapped up the limited edition sports car before the actual price was announced on Wednesday.

Before that, only a price indication had been given to prospective customers. William Choo, commercial director of Borneo's Lexus division, sent out official product catalogues before the Chinese New Year to 16 persons who had expressed interest in Japan's first bona fide supercar.

'After the Lunar New Year holidays, two came back to us with their deposits, even before we could give them the firm price,' said Mr Choo.

The two gentlemen who had each written a cheque for $80,000 are in their 60s, 'very successful businessmen but very unassuming'.

One has owned a string of Lexus LS flagship limousines, while the other has had multiple Lexus models. Both also currently have Ferraris and Porsches in their garages, said Mr Choo who declined to reveal more except to say both men run their own companies.

'They are very low profile and do not want to be identified,' he explained.

The Lexus LFA has a 560hp 4.8-litre V10 front mid-mounted engine powering the rear wheels through a six-speed electro-hydraulic sequential transmission.

Sheathed in carbon fibre bodywork, it can sprint from zero to 100 kmh in 3.7 seconds and has a top speed of 325 kmh.

If that still isn't special enough, the car can be specified with the Nurburgring package that includes sports tuning and interior carbon fibre trim for $1.478 million.

Only 500 cars will be produced over a two-year period. Mr Choo said that Singapore has been allocated only two units but hopes to be able to get a couple more. This is because there is strong interest from at least two more people but they are currently travelling.

He said: 'They had heard so much about the car that they flew up to Geneva for the motor show this week just to look at it.'

According to Mr Choo, Lexus is now collecting worldwide orders with production beginning only in December. He added that it is not yet known which market will be the first to get the car although delivery of the first Singapore unit is expected to be in Q1 next year.

The Lexus LFA sets the benchmark as the first true Japanese super sports car because of its over $1 million price tag.

It has entered a segment that is normally occupied by European manufacturers such as Ferrari and Lamborghini.
$1.25 million Singapore dollars = about $890,000 US dollars. These look to be the type of customer Lexus is exactly looking for with this car.
Old 03-04-10, 11:46 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Very interesting, we have heard rumors if this sports package before, but I wonder exactly what it is comprised of:

If that still isn't special enough, the car can be specified with the Nurburgring package that includes sports tuning and interior carbon fibre trim for $1.478 million.
Also here is a video of an LFA at a Japanese dealership. Notice there are no winglets and no unpainted black roof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gobt52pXka8

Does this mean there are at least 3 LFAs circulating the world then? There is the matte-black LFA that's in the US, the white car with the black carbon fiber roof (which is currently in Geneva), and now it seems this all-white car in Japan.
Old 03-05-10, 12:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by encore888
http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...375345,00.html

$1.25 million Singapore dollars = about $890,000 US dollars. These look to be the type of customer Lexus is exactly looking for with this car.
Damn!

Got this off the Ferrari forum... very good post..
Originally Posted by Guibo
The intangibles are the sound. The interaction, the feedback. And not just the outright rev limit of the V10, but how fast it revs to that limit. The stability at high speed even on a track as demanding as the Nordschleife even with newb journalists at the wheel. The impeccable build quality that is evident in what are essentially still development prototypes.
This car is more bespoke than the 599, more bespoke than the $1.4M Reventon, so I'm not sure what (besides bias) would bring up "an off the peg suit." The LFA's CFRP "suit" is no less impressive than the Reventon's (and a generation ahead of the 599's, outside and underneath as well); that tubular steel chassis construction is relatively antique. As is the V12.
The MR2, 2000GT, Supra Turbo, and Celica were hardly boring vehicles. Haven't seen any drive reviews of the GT One, and I'm betting that's anything but boring.
When Lambo first started, they had a long track record of making...tractors.
And unlike many supercars, the production version will have been fine-tuned for handling and durability from lessons from actual racing (4-hour enduros and the two 24-Hour of Nurburgring races). Lexus is saying the engine will meet the same durability requirements as any other Lexus. That would imply a 6-year powertrain warranty. I'd wager the car will last through sustained lapping better than the 599/Murcielago too; don't forget that the Nordschleife crippled the well-maintained Enzo after only a couple of laps in that Evo article.

If anyone would like to refute the free-market concept that something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it, I'm all ears. One can say the LFA definitely isn't worth it to him. But to project one's own subjective value system, to assume that the world's 793 billionaires and ~6 million millionaires all share the same values and tastes is quite a stretch. There are people out their who spend as much as 3 LFA's just to upgrade the sound system in their personal Boeing jets.
Old 03-05-10, 02:57 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

TRD Fantasy

There are 4

The matte black I rode in

Two all white ones

A white one with the unpainted roof.

The winglets are optional $200.
Old 03-06-10, 12:55 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That post from Ferrari forum is very good indeed.

Many critics continue to doubt that the LFA could possibly be anywhere near as reliable as a regular Lexus, but I think those critics will be proven very wrong.

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
TRD Fantasy

There are 4

The matte black I rode in

Two all white ones

A white one with the unpainted roof.

The winglets are optional $200.
Thanks for correction, I forgot about the white one in the UK right now.
Old 03-08-10, 10:25 PM
LexFather

The looks are really growing on me.

Old 03-08-10, 10:49 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Default Richard Hammond's road test: The Lexus LFA

http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/cars-motor...-test-the.html

There's no denying, it's *an astonishing thing. From some angles the Lexus LFA looks like
it has dropped out of a 70s sci-fi movie.

The V10 engine is custom-built for this car and this car alone and it revs to stratospheric levels, with a howl that has the hairs on the back of your neck standing up.

It generates 525bhp and can hit 60 in only a shade over three seconds. And the interior really sets the seal on the whole Buck Rogers thing - the dials are digital and sweep about when you fire it up and the centre console swoops around you doing that jet fighter/starship thing.

I genuinely reached up to flip down the visor on my space helmet before driving it. It perhaps goes some way to soothing the itch caused by the constant nagging presence of a 300 grand price tag to know that the designers went so far as to come up with their own, brand-new composite for the tub of the LFA. It's always nice to know that people have been thorough, and inventing new materials to make a car kind of covers thorough.

The V10 howls and shrieks and there is an enormous amount of shove from the moment you hit the throttle and wait for the stars to blur either side as you leave the mothership.

The stars didn't actually blur but it felt like they might - 552bhp is a lot of power and the 9,000rpm redline is always within reach, the engine spinning up with a tempting willingness. It wants to play and no mistake. Whatever clever composite materials they came up with to craft the tub and body, it provides the kind of stiffness you need when unleashing 552bhp. As a result, it always feels in control.

The gearbox is certainly not nicked from some other, more mundane Lexus. This is a solid, clunky unit, though not one of the new-fangled double-clutch affairs.

It does feel special, make no bones about it. The width, the futuristic interior, the digital clocks, the howling V10 and the exotic materials all put this car somewhere beyond the norm.

But at over 300 grand, is it ever going to be far enough beyond the rest of the pack? A Ferrari 458 costs £175k, a last of the line Lamborghini Murcielago LP-670, £275k. And those two have Ferrari and Lamborghini badges. This has a Lexus badge. Alan Partridge drove a Lexus. I would have a problem with that. The company will not be making a penny on the LFA, this is one of those times when a maker produces a car just to lift brand perception.

But perhaps above all else when considering the LFA, there are three significant letters - GTR. The Nissan GTR is nearly as fast as the LFA, arguably looks better, brings enough street cred to see off anything else and costs around £50,000.

Er, bad timing maybe, Lexus?
Old 03-08-10, 10:50 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nice review but why they always gotta bring up godzilla
Old 03-08-10, 10:54 PM
LexFather

yawn.............what impressive journalism months after people have written the same things...love the car and bish about the price.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)