LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 04:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There are a number of Ferraris in the 120 hp/liter class. 115/liter is nothing special for specific output. Even the 360 Modena makes 111 hp/liter, the 360 Stradale's at 118/liter.

Besides, specific output is academic. Honda guys have been using this excuse for years every time they've lost to a domestic...
not using it as an excuse just bringing it up.

The same people are bishing about the LFA in multiple threads. They want it have 800hp, cost 90 grand, do 0-60 in an event horizon and look like a Aston Martin with awd but weigh 1900 lbs.
Old 01-05-10, 08:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
so let me get this right. Mentioning hp per liter is "hung up" on it? What about the neatherthal "peak horsepower" arguement? If the car had 800 hp some of you would say "oh it's short of the bugatti"

I've never read so many disparaging remarks about a supercar before. Especially from people who have not BEGUN to read about this car outside price/peak hp/ 0-60.

GTR RULEZ THE WORLD!!!!!
i will really have to add: looking at these "super cars" or whatever people want to call it, focusing on the 0-60 and say which car is better, that's almost as silly as it can get my 2 cents
Old 01-05-10, 08:56 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i will really have to add: Looking at these "super cars" or whatever people want to call it, focusing on the 0-60 and say which car is better, that's almost as silly as it can get my 2 cents
that's spot on
Old 01-05-10, 09:50 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
that's spot on
yup, doesn't worth anything more
Old 01-05-10, 10:11 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I currently cant afford an LFA, but if I did, I wouldnt paint it in any of the 30 colors available. Mine would be in bare carbon fiber!!
Old 01-05-10, 10:32 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by GFerg
I currently cant afford an LFA, but if I did, I wouldnt paint it in any of the 30 colors available. Mine would be in bare carbon fiber!!
Maybe you can request them to do that for you too
Old 01-05-10, 04:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Heritage ...2000GT & LFA:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/5119367-post13.html

Captured by my buddies at JNC.
Old 01-05-10, 06:17 PM
LexFather

Beautiful yet sinister. I've had the pleasure of seeing and feeling a 2000GT before.. Beautiful car
Old 01-05-10, 06:18 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Awesome pic Flipside!

Classic & Instant Classic

thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 01-13-10, 06:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

so let me get this right. Mentioning hp per liter is "hung up" on it? What about the neatherthal "peak horsepower" arguement? If the car had 800 hp some of you would say "oh it's short of the bugatti"

I've never read so many disparaging remarks about a supercar before. Especially from people who have not BEGUN to read about this car outside price/peak hp/ 0-60.

GTR RULEZ THE WORLD!!!!!
The Ferrari 458 has a higher hp/liter rating than the LFA if you want to talk numbers. Its faster to 60 , looks better, and ...oh yeah its a Ferrari and its cheaper. The assumption that you know more about the car when the info is available on the internet and in every magazine just makes you look foolish. The reason there are so many disparaging remarks is because the car is over priced. Its the same comment that many Automotive journalists around the world have already made. Don't take it personally when we make a negative comment about the LFA's price. Just realize that you like the car more than some others and thats it.

The GTR doesnt rule the world.... even I know that and I am going to buy one

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-13-10 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-13-10, 06:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The Ferrari 458 has a higher hp/liter rating than the LFA if you want to talk numbers. Its faster, looks better, and ...oh yeah its a Ferrari and its cheaper. Also please dont assume that I have not begun to read on the car. The assumption that you know more about the car when the info is available on the internet and in every magazine just makes you look foolish. The reason there are so many disparaging remarks is because the car is over priced.
Yes I do know more about the car and its not to brag, its to share the info. Of course I would know about the car, outside of Lexus connections I really revere it. On the contrary your posts are mostly negative about it always relating the price and saying its too much. Some of us have followed this car since we knew about it.

You have yet to understand the concept that "value" is relative. You also fail to understand this car is not an ONLY CAR for people, it is something that will be ADDED to a fleet. You also are conveniently forgetting from the figures we have, the cars are being spoken for one by one.

To make things worse, you are telling me the 458 looks better (subjective) is faster (has it lapped the ring under 7:30??) and then say "oh its a Ferrari".

No kidding
. You don't think Lexus executives knew people were going to say "What in bloody hell" not only when they debuted the car, but when they priced it. You don't think they KNEW it was going to have a lot of people scratch their heads. Looking at Lexus track record, they have consistently priced their cars where people are willing to buy them.

I am not going to sit here and say a 458 is better, a Gallardo is better, a LFA is better, a Zonda is better. They are all GREAT cars. What we do know is the LFA's construction is one of a kind compared to those cars and it will be very very rare compared to most. C&D compared it to an Enzo and called it a 'Bargain", again, showing "Value is relative".

Its easy for people to sit there and armchair quarterback what they would do with $400 grand. Of course most will be logical and buy maybe a 200k car and some other items. That is missing the entire point, these peoples world is completely different to ours. They don't buy one, they buy both, they buy all. They don't pick a color, if they like 3 colors, they buy it in 3 colors. If its made in a convertible they buy that too. Lexus has had a decade to do the research on these buyers, similar to how they did near a decade of research when the initially debuted the brand in 1989.

We know your dance. The GT-R is god, the G37 is the greatest thing since the microwave and the LFA is overpriced. We got your memo in each and every thread.

We got your feelings about the car. Its overpriced. Thanks, now please move on.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-13-10 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-13-10, 06:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Yes I do know more about the car and its not to brag, its to share the info. Of course I would know about the car, outside of Lexus connections I really revere it. On the contrary your posts are mostly negative about it always relating the price and saying its too much. Some of us have followed this car since we knew about it.

You have yet to understand the concept that "value" is relative. You also fail to understand this car is not an ONLY CAR for people, it is something that will be ADDED to a fleet. You also are conveniently forgetting from the figures we have, the cars are being spoken for one by one.

To make things worse, you are telling me the 458 looks better (subjective) is faster (has it lapped the ring under 7:30??) and then say "oh its a Ferrari".

No kidding
. You don't think Lexus executives knew people were going to say "What in bloody hell" not only when they debuted the car, but when they priced it. You don't think they KNEW it was going to have a lot of people scratch their heads. Looking at Lexus track record, they have consistently priced their cars where people are willing to buy them.

I am not going to sit here and say a 458 is better, a Gallardo is better, a LFA is better, a Zonda is better. They are all GREAT cars. What we do know is the LFA's construction is one of a kind compared to those cars and it will be very very rare compared to most. C&D compared it to an Enzo and called it a 'Bargain", again, showing "Value is relative".

Its easy for people to sit there and armchair quarterback what they would do with $400 grand. Of course most will be logical and buy maybe a 200k car and some other items. That is missing the entire point, these peoples world is completely different to ours. They don't buy one, they buy both, they buy all. They don't pick a color, if they like 3 colors, they buy it in 3 colors. If its made in a convertible they buy that too. Lexus has had a decade to do the research on these buyers, similar to how they did near a decade of research when the initially debuted the brand in 1989.

We know your dance. The GT-R is god, the G37 is the greatest thing since the microwave and the LFA is overpriced. We got your memo in each and every thread.

We got your feelings about the car. Its overpriced. Thanks, now please move on.
I feel the same way. Your dance is the Lexus is God, the LFA is a deal, and Acura/Honda sucks. Someone needs to look in the mirror.
Old 01-13-10, 07:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I feel the same way. Your dance is the Lexus is God, the LFA is a deal, and Acura/Honda sucks. Someone needs to look in the mirror.
Never have I instituted Lexus is God and my posts CLEARLY show that over the years. The LFA is a tremendous accomplishment and I'm not trying to pawn it off as the best thing ever. I have challenged its price. I just don't harp on it over and over.

Acura/Honda does suck as far as I am concerned (ugly/inferior) and that's my opinion. Now I strongly suggest moving on.
Old 01-13-10, 10:32 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Default EVO Magazine, Car & Driver, and Edmunds road & track test of the Lexus LF-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3e8r...eature=related

enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-5M...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLsvsEOWMUQ&feature=fvw

Last edited by I8ABMR; 01-13-10 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-13-10, 10:47 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

edmunds seems to like the lfa better than evo

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)