Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LFA Model
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Old 10-05-10, 02:41 PM   #2671
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
The Panmera is ugly. However the mathematical formula that includes the Porsche badge and turbo and mods and interior is ****= car isn't so ugly

LFA is no beauty queen but I like it. The 599 GTO is no beauty queen nor the 458 or SLS.

The DBS is.
lol now this is a funny post
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 10-05-10, 03:58 PM   #2672
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)

pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX View Post
Those pics are better, Joe-Z ftw

Any shots showing all 4 blue calipers?

No problem Mike!!

I will see what I can do on the caliper shots... maybe a pic with 2 blue calipers showing..

Edit:
this is the only different shot of the Blue Caliper.. I like it better than the Red....

Click the image to open in full size.

Joe Z
Performance Tube Systems Full True Dual 304 SS Exhaust
Five Axis R5:F 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 ~ Continental ExtremeContact DW 235-35 & 265-30
Project Mu ~ D2 Racing Sport Coils ~ Optic Blue AeroTect ~ Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."

Last edited by Joe Z; 10-05-10 at 04:25 PM..
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 04:16 PM   #2673
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)

yeah it'd have to be a video to get all 4 calibers. A picture would only capture 2 at a time, but anyway, does anyone have an answer to my question? Can you get those ugly yellow side markers in front of the front tires clear? Or white? It'd look much better, give it a more euro feel, the ugly yellow markers are all over US cars, but the Euro versions are usually clear or white. I think it's look better.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 04:22 PM   #2674
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
yeah it'd have to be a video to get all 4 calibers. A picture would only capture 2 at a time, but anyway, does anyone have an answer to my question? Can you get those ugly yellow side markers in front of the front tires clear? Or white? It'd look much better, give it a more euro feel, the ugly yellow markers are all over US cars, but the Euro versions are usually clear or white. I think it's look better.

LoL on the "calipers"

To answer your question the Amber color is regulated by the D.O.T. for the US Spec cars

So any other color or replacment will have to be made custom or aftermarket or maybe if the LFA Euro versions can be purchased overseas..
(if they are a different color)

Joe Z
Old 10-05-10, 05:26 PM   #2675
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

given how much money owners have, they won't bother with clear reflectors (illegal btw like joe said). if anything, they will just order a euro spec lfa front bumper and replace it. euro owners have this done all the time
Old 10-05-10, 05:32 PM   #2676
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I like that gray paint on the LFA , looks Truffle Mica-rish (at least in pictures, although I think it's a bit lighter), which is my second most favourite paint for the LS, and among the best for other Lexus models as well

Gojirra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 02:08 PM   #2677
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I figured it was the law to have them on american cars, which is why you see them. But it's not like there isn't the 'import crowd' that replaces things like this a lot with clear markers, and clear headlights. I can see if they have a yellow bulb but have the marker clear, that would look better as well. Just something I think the european cars have that are better than american versions. Why does america have to be so **** about things like that? Every other country the cars look cool, come to america and you've got them dulled and dumbed down IMO
Old 10-06-10, 02:50 PM   #2678
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

^^ I got bad news for you...

The Euro Spec LFA side marker is even worse.. Not only is it Amber, but it bulges outwards...

At least the US Spec is flat.

Joe Z
Old 10-06-10, 03:01 PM   #2679
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)

Quote:
Have you seen it in person? It looks fine to me, I just don't think those are good pictures. I'm sure the car looks good though, even if it's not my first choice of colors.
Yeah, I saw it in person.

Look, i like the LFA. It's really cool, its fast, its exotic-like and its a Lexus...which means a lot to me. If I had the 375K sitting around I'd buy one. I just think the front could have been made to look better. Its not ugly but its not as attractive as the rest of the car....not as attractive as it needs to be for 375K. IMO.
I would still buy one. If I had that kinda cheddar, I could get someone to mould or fabricate something to improve it to my liking.

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 03:30 PM   #2680
TF109B
Lexus Champion

If you don't like the front end that's cool. I think it looks fine the way it is. It doesn't need to look like anything but what it is. If it were more like ferrari or Lambo, it wouldn't be the LFA. I've learned to appreciate cars for what they are. There are some that aren't the greatest, but then there are some you just have to look at as a whole and appreciate the package. The LFA is one of those cars for me. The Nurb edition I think looks even better. The front lip spoiler/splitter and the side canards give it that race look, then the rear wing and the different style wheels all make it more attractive in my eyes. I hope someone in the US options for that model and shows it off!
Old 10-06-10, 05:15 PM   #2681
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion

So now we have confirmation that US of A is receiving 175 LFA.

My guess was 171 to be exact I was quite close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7NOV...layer_embedded

"The word immediate was invented for the throttle response of this car....and the steering, and the gearbox and just about everything else - Jeremy Clarkson"

05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 06:48 PM   #2682
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
If you don't like the front end that's cool. I think it looks fine the way it is. It doesn't need to look like anything but what it is. If it were more like ferrari or Lambo, it wouldn't be the LFA. I've learned to appreciate cars for what they are. There are some that aren't the greatest, but then there are some you just have to look at as a whole and appreciate the package. The LFA is one of those cars for me. The Nurb edition I think looks even better. The front lip spoiler/splitter and the side canards give it that race look, then the rear wing and the different style wheels all make it more attractive in my eyes. I hope someone in the US options for that model and shows it off!
Making it worse for me is how good the prototypes looked up front. Beautifully shapes headlights, grill and facia. The they make the real thing look like it doesn't belong to the rest of the car.
No biggie to me. I'd still buy one if I had the cash. Either customize the front of get it in black. Then I'd put some sweet wheels on it that take the attention away from the front.
I know how to make it right.

06 GS300 Obsidian
07 GS350 GFM
http://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sho...0&ppuser=14738
Ice350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-10, 08:14 PM   #2683
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice350 View Post
Making it worse for me is how good the prototypes looked up front. Beautifully shapes headlights, grill and facia. The they make the real thing look like it doesn't belong to the rest of the car.
No biggie to me. I'd still buy one if I had the cash. Either customize the front of get it in black. Then I'd put some sweet wheels on it that take the attention away from the front.
I know how to make it right.
I don't think the prototype looked as good. The headlights weren't. Maybe there could be some sharper edges on the production car's front bumper, but those strips of LEDs going down probably wouldn't have made it to production regardless. I never expected them to. I thought the concept looked incomplete, unfinished. The mirrors were what let me down i think. I don't like the production car's mirrors that much either, a bit big for me, but they have purpose. I also like the race cars 3/4 behind the windows, I don't like the radiator intake as much, but it still looks good to me.
Old 10-07-10, 07:18 AM   #2684
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic

mike_vossen

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/For...te_Collection/

Stig must REALLY like the LFA

Quote:
Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection
Ultimate Edition hits stores this October!

Turn 10 Staff, 9.30.2010

Available in North American retail stores in late October, Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection is the definitive retail package for fans who want to experience the best racing the Xbox 360 has to offer. Combining the massive amount of cars and tracks found in the original Forza Motorsport 3 with all of the current Forza 3 Add-on packs released so far, as well as exclusive new content, Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection is perfect for the fledgling Forza fan or the seasoned racing vet looking to experience what they’ve missed since Forza 3’s original 2009 release.

The announcement of Forza 3 Ultimate Collection also signals the beginning of a long-term partnership between Turn 10 Studios and the BBC’s worldwide smash Top Gear. Automotive fans all over the world turn to Top Gear for its compelling views on automotive news, outstanding car reviews, and features that can’t be found anywhere else. Whether it’s the Top Gear Web site, magazine, or the phenomenal television series, the Top Gear brand is synonymous with cutting-edge automotive entertainment.

9_28_Stigs_garage_3car

You won’t need to look far to find the Top Gear/Forza partnership off and running--yes, that’s The Stig on the cover of the Ultimate Collection. And, in keeping with Forza’s tradition of putting you behind the wheel of some of the world’s most amazing cars, the Ultimate Collection introduces “Stig’s Garage Car Pack”, a downloadable trio of cars available only to Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection owners via a content card included in the Ultimate Collection packaging. The three “Stig’s Garage” cars include:

Lexus LFA
Koenigsegg CCX
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

In addition to “Stig’s Garage Car Pack”, Ultimate Collection owners will also receive a token for a free download of a 90-minute Top Gear video compilation featuring Top Gear hosts Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, and James May and produced especially for Ultimate Collection owners, as well as an exclusive Xbox LIVE Top Gear premium dashboard theme.

The Forza 3 Ultimate Collection is the largest Forza entry yet: comprising 500 premium cars with fully modeled cockpits; each completely customizable via upgrades and through Forza’s groundbreaking in-game paint and decal system. Ultimate Collection will also feature all cars and tracks found in the previously released Forza 3 Add-on Packs including:

Motorsports Legends Pack
October Track Pack (Benchmark and Sidewinder tracks)
Hot Holidays Pack
Autoweek Car Show Pack
Nürburgring Grand Prix Circuit Track pack
Jalopnik Car Pack
Road & Track Car Pack
Exotic Car Pack
Summer Velocity Pack
World Class Car Pack

Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection will also include seven new car models, including:

Lancia 037 Stradale
Jaguar D-Type
Plymouth Cuda
Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro
Audi TT RS Coupe
Audi R15 TDI
Porsche 550A Spyder

9_28Stigs_garage_whitespace

The world’s best automobiles combine with some of racing’s most famous circuits in Forza 3 Ultimate Collection; the game will have more than 100 track layouts to race on, including Laguna Seca, Tsukuba, Road America, as well as endurance tracks like Le Mans de la Sarthe and the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

When you aren’t taking your cars on track and putting them up against the game’s demanding AI, Ultimate Collection owners will also be able to take advantage of Forza 3’s outstanding community features, from eight-player online racing via Xbox LIVE, to sharing their paint shop, photography, and video creations with the wider Forza world via the storefront. Racing, drifting, drag, tuning, painting, photography, video… it’s all here for you in the Ultimate Collection.

Look for the Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Collection on store shelves in late October in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany and in other territories in the coming months.

2014 LS F sport
2014 IS F sport Build for SEMA 2013 for Lexus by Vossen, click here for the full build
2013 GS F sport work in progress click here for build
2007 GS 450h modified click her for build
2001 GS 430 L-tuned & modified click here for build now parting out
1992 ES 300 manual my first Lexus….
#teamvossen
LexFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 07:45 AM   #2685
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant
Trader Score: (5)

I wouldn't mind those three in my garage...

Lexus (you know...), Ducati Multistrada 1200, Kymco Agility 125
PhilipMSPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-10, 07:45 AM

Tags
04, 2009, 300, bespoke, bike, car, lexus, lfa, naruse, october, perfection, premieres, press, rack, release, show, tagline, tokyo