LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-10, 01:38 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd just go for the Nurburgring edition. If you have the means to purchase an LFA, an IS or GS will do fine for the daily driving, while the LFA will provide you the soundtrack of it's engine and exhaust note, i don't need a stereo, or matching floor mats, or upholstered ceilings, I'd take my LFA just the Ferrari does with their Scuderia! I'm sure that's possible right? Did you guys see those pics of the Nurburgring edition on pistonspy? I'll post a few of my favorite. You can see the 'overfenders' more clearly in these shots, but it's no wider than the regular LFA is it?

I think it looks much better with that front wing and the canards, even though it's camo'd and you can't tell much, I think it looks more racer like, which is what I am into.

Last edited by TF109B; 10-01-10 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-01-10, 02:02 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

But, I heard from one of the LFA-owner to be on this board that the weight reduction on the Nurburgring edition is not "that much" and that it still comes with most of the luxury equipment that the standard LFA comes with.

Originally Posted by TF109B
I'd just go for the Nurburgring edition. If you have the means to purchase an LFA, an IS or GS will do fine for the daily driving, while the LFA will provide you the soundtrack of it's engine and exhaust note, i don't need a stereo, or matching floor mats, or upholstered ceilings, I'd take my LFA just the Ferrari does with their Scuderia! I'm sure that's possible right? Did you guys see those pics of the Nurburgring edition on pistonspy? I'll post a few of my favorite. You can see the 'overfenders' more clearly in these shots, but it's no wider than the regular LFA is it?

I think it looks much better with that front wing and the canards, even though it's camo'd and you can't tell much, I think it looks more racer like, which is what I am into.
Old 10-01-10, 02:07 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Does anybody know how the LFA's have allocated in China? I'm curious why Lexus is still focusing on America when China is obviously a growing luxury market? I wonder what type of power moves Lexus plans to make over there. On the other hand, Asians typically like European much much more as most Chinese still (sort of) resent the Japanese.

Last edited by G Star; 10-01-10 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-01-10, 03:59 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

I'd just go for the Nurburgring edition. If you have the means to purchase an LFA, an IS or GS will do fine for the daily driving, while the LFA will provide you the soundtrack of it's engine and exhaust note, i don't need a stereo, or matching floor mats, or upholstered ceilings...
The thing is that stereo delete and floormat delete are options on the base model. I also was not under the impression that the Nürburgring Edition lost any of the interior materials, only that they are all alcantara (but again, this is also an option even on the base model). In fact I do recall being told by my PS that the Nürburgring Edition's special interior color schemes apply to both the headliner and the carpet.

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
But, I heard from one of the LFA-owner to be on this board that the weight reduction on the Nurburgring edition is not "that much" and that it still comes with most of the luxury equipment that the standard LFA comes with.
Yeah, that's what I posted before in this thread after talking to both my PS and the national LFA manager. IMO the value really comes from the Nür track experience elements, like the annual pass and instruction courses. Even the suspension changes were said to be nominal. It's still a great package for those who can use it, and well, Lexus is said to have found many LFA buyers in Germany...
Old 10-01-10, 09:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)
Commenting on the OT colors, it seems to me that, at that price (384K even before dealer mark-ups) Lexus could do what Rolls-Royce does and custom-spray each car with whatever color the customer wants. I myself would probably choose Amethyst (purple-gray)
Old 10-01-10, 10:27 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

So I assume this is a new Nurburgring prototype after the Hiromu Naruse crash totalled the first prototype??

Old 10-02-10, 12:12 AM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Commenting on the OT colors, it seems to me that, at that price (384K even before dealer mark-ups) Lexus could do what Rolls-Royce does and custom-spray each car with whatever color the customer wants. I myself would probably choose Amethyst (purple-gray)
Lexus definitely offers extensive customization of colors including both exterior and basically all interior material colors on the LFA so they're no different from other top marques in this regard. Even custom stitching color was mentioned to me as a possibility. In fact, on the actual PS ordering software and internal spec brochure there are far more interior color zones than on the online configurator (probably 3-4x as many areas that can be independently customized), so buyers could come up with some really crazy stuff.

However, most LFA buyers have opted not to customize because custom models will be the absolute last LFAs to roll off the production line. They'll definitely be after any of the special colors and could even be after the matte black models. When I last spoke to brand managers in June, I was told more than half of US customers had already deposited and that nearly all of them chose basic colors - no doubt to try to get as close to the front of the queue as possible. I guess color customization is not as important to most LFA buyers as getting their hands on one quickly is.

Personally, I went with a very simple color configuration.

Last edited by gengar; 10-02-10 at 12:18 AM.
Old 10-02-10, 04:45 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Not only that but everthing else should be at buyer selection, as well. The one we saw this week, I'd change the interior clors completely. I'd want different wheels. I'd want brake options. I'd want ice options. Everthing should be an option in this price range....even that optional automatic tooth brush and hair dryer.
Old 10-02-10, 03:05 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
Lexus definitely offers extensive customization of colors including both exterior and basically all interior material colors on the LFA so they're no different from other top marques in this regard. Even custom stitching color was mentioned to me as a possibility. In fact, on the actual PS ordering software and internal spec brochure there are far more interior color zones than on the online configurator (probably 3-4x as many areas that can be independently customized), so buyers could come up with some really crazy stuff.

However, most LFA buyers have opted not to customize because custom models will be the absolute last LFAs to roll off the production line. They'll definitely be after any of the special colors and could even be after the matte black models. When I last spoke to brand managers in June, I was told more than half of US customers had already deposited and that nearly all of them chose basic colors - no doubt to try to get as close to the front of the queue as possible. I guess color customization is not as important to most LFA buyers as getting their hands on one quickly is.

Personally, I went with a very simple color configuration.
That is so interesting to furthermore prove that most LFA buyers are not after the flash but bought the LFA because of brand loyalty and performance factors.
Old 10-02-10, 07:19 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

I didn't say you could only delete the stereo and such with the Nurb' edition. I said i would opt for the Nurb' edition because it's closer to the race car it also receives the 10 extra HP. And I personally like the wheels better and the fixed rear wing with the front splitter and canards.

And yeah that's a new prototype Nurb edition being tested, unless it's rebuilt and doesn't have the colored roof. I think it's a new one, but I read somewhere that the one Naruse had his fatal crash in, was rebuilt.
Old 10-04-10, 06:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Hiromu Naruse doing what he used to do best. RIP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEy-W...layer_embedded
Old 10-04-10, 08:09 PM
LexusMan77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pearl Gray LFA

http://lexusenthusiast.com/2010/10/0...rey-lexus-lfa/

Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-10-10-04-pearl-grey-lexus-lfa-three-quarter.jpg   Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-10-10-04-pearl-grey-lexus-lfa-interior.jpg  
Old 10-04-10, 11:29 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Those pics aren't very flattering, although it looks good.
Old 10-05-10, 03:18 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those pics aren't very flattering, although it looks good.
The front end just ruins the car. Ten years in the making and they couldn't make a sexy front. I don't get it.
Old 10-05-10, 04:02 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
The front end just ruins the car. Ten years in the making and they couldn't make a sexy front. I don't get it.
Function > Form.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)