LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 08:17 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

NAGTROC guys seem very cool. They seem to love the tuner shop owner's write-up and also the LFA. I think NAGTROC is embracing the LFA better than any other forum and seem to be looking beyond the "overpriced" stigma. Surprising. Isn't it??

Some videos of Forged Performance test drive of the LFA:

Pay close attention to the engine sound. Those sweet whistles sound so amazing that the engine makes. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQCZEUxuo3k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj7LeYkaWdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkM6LcS-jY8

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....9&#entry604999

Nissan GTR Forged performance from NAGTROC test drive of LFA pictures:

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-21-10 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-21-10, 11:36 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The yellow looks really good in those pictures. Not so much so in some of the other videos though. In some videos it looks like the yellow is 'off' and not so deep, but these photos show otherwise. Some photos also don't look so great either. I like it though. These pictures show a deep yellow, different from Ferrari and Lambo. I still wish they would have had YELLOW CALIPERS!
Old 09-22-10, 12:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

don't get fooled by pictures, photoshop does wonders. looking at the pictures i am not surprised if the contrast / brightness are adjusted for better color
Old 09-22-10, 10:43 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by rominl
no kidding. reading the m3 vs isf show (on both forums) have been a lot of omg to me. i really look forward to this show on the r8 and lfa, but for sure care less about the results either way (the show is about entertainment, that's about it). no matter how it is, i am sure i will read plenty about what went "wrong"
It’s definitely pure entertainment when your “Acting” like you have never driven an IS-F before.. LoL

Joe Z
Old 09-22-10, 11:01 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TF109B
The yellow looks really good in those pictures. Not so much so in some of the other videos though. In some videos it looks like the yellow is 'off' and not so deep, but these photos show otherwise. Some photos also don't look so great either. I like it though. These pictures show a deep yellow, different from Ferrari and Lambo. I still wish they would have had YELLOW CALIPERS!
It is deep!! and sparkles too...

It's a fantastic "Pearl Yellow" in person

I have actually seen very good detailed pics of this yellow LFA, but the member hasn't posted them yet..

Here is a close up of the sample I took.. It doesn't show the pearl, but does show that its not a light & bright yellow.

However, I feel the Bright yellow calipers would not match too well.
Since they are a solid more common yellow, found on Brembo Calipers.

Which might be why they put black calipers on P014..

- Joe Z
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)-picture-014aa.jpg  

Last edited by Joe Z; 09-22-10 at 11:04 AM.
Old 09-22-10, 12:15 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
don't get fooled by pictures, photoshop does wonders. looking at the pictures i am not surprised if the contrast / brightness are adjusted for better color
Unless the videos were enhanced too, I'd say the color in the pics are not doctored. Just watch the video next to the pics, the colors appears identical to my eyes, IMO.
Old 09-22-10, 12:21 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
NAGTROC guys seem very cool. They seem to love the tuner shop owner's write-up and also the LFA. I think NAGTROC is embracing the LFA better than any other forum and seem to be looking beyond the "overpriced" stigma. Surprising. Isn't it??

Some videos of Forged Performance test drive of the LFA:

]
If Lexus did not make the LFA, I'd probably buy an GT-R and modded it into a real monster...
Now, I can't wait for an invitation to drive the car.
Old 09-22-10, 01:02 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Regardless of the difference in yellow hues, the yellow calipers still would have went. even if they aren't a pearl color. I can't wait to see a blue one up close or at least in finished product pictures. I'm hoping someone chooses the blue calipers and matches it with the body color and interior blue as well, like the pre-production car that was seen at Fuji. But I'd choose the dark wheels.
Old 09-22-10, 01:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Unless the videos were enhanced too, I'd say the color in the pics are not doctored. Just watch the video next to the pics, the colors appears identical to my eyes, IMO.
the one in picture has higher contrast, that's how i feel
Old 09-22-10, 01:29 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

It does look different from pictures of others. Then again, it looks the same as some as well. I guess you'd just have to see it in person to tell, maybe it's the fact it's outside absorbing some 'sun'? Inside it doesn't seem so deep of a yellow, more like it's a lighter tint at least in pictures of it previously.
Old 09-22-10, 03:11 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ It works just like the Lexus White Starfire Pearl..

The Pearl in the paint changes in different lighting..

Joe Z
Old 09-22-10, 03:23 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

So I wanna talk about this upcoming episode of battle of the supercars with the LFA and R8V10. When they said the LFA went over 185mph, was that the standing mile or was it the top speed test? Also, if it was the top speed test was it the rolling start or was it a 2 mile shot? I seem to remember that in the one mile test, a ZR1 managed a 178.4mph run in another episode against the Viper. That Viper was the 2009 model though not the 2010, which is much quicker in the top end according to dodge (200mph comes 14! seconds sooner). So if the LFA does this in the one mile, that's pretty outstanding. My guess is it's the two mile or the roll out run.
Old 09-22-10, 06:23 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Yes, that is what I was thinking as well that the ZR-1 test was a standing mile. I went back and watched the video on internet and it indeed was standing mile.

However, their tests do vary a bit with every episode so it could be possible that in the R8 V10 vs LFA test, it was a top speed run? If LFA hits 185 mph in the standing mile, that is faster than the Porsche Carrera GT stock, which is why I kind of find it difficult to believe it was a standing mile test.

Originally Posted by TF109B
So I wanna talk about this upcoming episode of battle of the supercars with the LFA and R8V10. When they said the LFA went over 185mph, was that the standing mile or was it the top speed test? Also, if it was the top speed test was it the rolling start or was it a 2 mile shot? I seem to remember that in the one mile test, a ZR1 managed a 178.4mph run in another episode against the Viper. That Viper was the 2009 model though not the 2010, which is much quicker in the top end according to dodge (200mph comes 14! seconds sooner). So if the LFA does this in the one mile, that's pretty outstanding. My guess is it's the two mile or the roll out run.
Old 09-22-10, 06:45 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

From the various tests I've seen, it seems obvious that the LFA is not some sort of straight line monster, not even close. It doesn't have the best 0 to 60, the best 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile or standing mile, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not sure why people are so eager to see phenomenal straight line times out of the LFA. It's clearly not meant to perform in that way. This is a car built for the track.

People should be amazed that a car like the LFA with such relatively poor straight line times manages to keep up with a car like the Ferrari 458 italia which appears to be noticeably faster from all straight line iterations (dig or roll)
Old 09-22-10, 08:04 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I really hope Lexus will figure out the launch control system and the downforce from the wing at high speed resulting in too much weight over the rear axle.

The ONLY reason why 458 Italia is faster in a straight line is because it has the advantage of a gearbox geared for acceleration (7 gears and a very steep 5.3:1 final drive, which is possible only because of the 9000 rpm redline). Since LFA also has a 9000 rpm redline, I could easily see LFA matching it in the straight line if it had a 7th gear to retain the top speed and a similar final drive.

Originally Posted by carLx
From the various tests I've seen, it seems obvious that the LFA is not some sort of straight line monster, not even close. It doesn't have the best 0 to 60, the best 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile or standing mile, etc. etc. etc.

I'm not sure why people are so eager to see phenomenal straight line times out of the LFA. It's clearly not meant to perform in that way. This is a car built for the track.

People should be amazed that a car like the LFA with such relatively poor straight line times manages to keep up with a car like the Ferrari 458 italia which appears to be noticeably faster from all straight line iterations (dig or roll)

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 09-22-10 at 08:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)