LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by xioix
Some people might not like the way Lexus at 1st handled it, as some people might not like that they had to prove to Lexus why they deserved to own one

E.G. Zach Levi, he called Lexus to get more info and was thinking about getting it, but the folks at Lexus decide that Zach was not worthy to have an LFA in his garage
zach levi? the guy in chuck? are you serious he inquired about the lfa but got denied? that blows.

though yes, i know some people are a bit offended by lexus about the attitude of having to prove why they deserve a car
Old 07-23-10, 11:09 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xioix
Some people might not like the way Lexus at 1st handled it, as some people might not like that they had to prove to Lexus why they deserved to own one

E.G. Zach Levi, he called Lexus to get more info and was thinking about getting it, but the folks at Lexus decide that Zach was not worthy to have an LFA in his garage
Of all the people wanting the LFA they turned down a celebrity who would actually help advertise for them by driving the car around? Wow... just wow...

EDIT: Apparantly this happened a week ago, when Lexus already clearly knew the LFA needed more buyers, and they still turned him down. Makes me wonder if Zach was being rude in the phone call or something. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. Are those Lexus snobs really out of their mind?

Last edited by Mister Two; 07-23-10 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-23-10, 11:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Of all the people wanting the LFA they turned down a celebrity who would actually help advertise for them by driving the car around? Wow... just wow...

EDIT: Apparantly this happened a week ago, when Lexus already clearly knew the LFA needed more buyers, and they still turned him down. Makes me wonder if Zach was being rude in the phone call or something. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to me. Are those Lexus snobs really out of their mind?
do you have link to that news? i would like to read more.

yeah it's definitely crazy if they turn him down, especially last week when it's already past their original "deadline" and still got cars lying around. i mean, even if he was a bit rude, hey, he's the customer
Old 07-23-10, 12:10 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,798 Posts

From what I know, Lexus is trying to target the "enthusiast" crowd who are going to take the car to the race track for maximum visibility. One of the ways they are doing it through finding out about their previous ownership and their track experience. If you think about it, it will also ensure that the LFAs Lexus creates will have a higher probability of still being on the road rather than being totalled in a junkyard in a few years.

That is many of the LFA owners are Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche owners or owned in the past.

It could be that Zach fellow might be more from the "pimpin'" crowd wanting to drive over the weekends to the bar, impress friends and pick up girls etc.

Originally Posted by rominl

yeah it's definitely crazy if they turn him down, especially last week when it's already past their original "deadline" and still got cars lying around. i mean, even if he was a bit rude, hey, he's the customer
Old 07-23-10, 01:03 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah but I think it'd be worth it to have both track owners and the 'pimpin' type Hollywood owners. Just wondering, any possible details on how the Zach Levi application was revealed?
Old 07-23-10, 01:08 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
He was talking about it in a CarCast interview. According to the introduction Zach is a true enthusiast who races his cars, which puts him in both the "enthusiast" and the "pimpin" crowds.

I haven't got time to listen to the episode (downloadable MP3) though. I'm sure there are more details about his LFA inquiry experience inside.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBl.../16/zach-levi/

Here's Zach at the Toyota Long Beach Celebrity Race. Vids inside the link too.
Agreed 100%.

Last edited by Mister Two; 07-23-10 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-23-10, 01:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
From what I know, Lexus is trying to target the "enthusiast" crowd who are going to take the car to the race track for maximum visibility. One of the ways they are doing it through finding out about their previous ownership and their track experience. If you think about it, it will also ensure that the LFAs Lexus creates will have a higher probability of still being on the road rather than being totalled in a junkyard in a few years.

That is many of the LFA owners are Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche owners or owned in the past.

It could be that Zach fellow might be more from the "pimpin'" crowd wanting to drive over the weekends to the bar, impress friends and pick up girls etc.
lol mister two's post basically just contradict to what lexus is looking for then

i agree with encore, imho it makes more sense if they get owners from both category. if they only get into racing enthusiasts, the brand image advertising aspect won't go as far.
Old 07-23-10, 02:24 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

I am surprised why they would turn this guy down then.

Seems like he has a lot of seat time on the track. Does not make any sense.

He was talking about it in a CarCast interview. According to the introduction Zach is a true enthusiast who races his cars, which puts him in both the "enthusiast" and the "pimpin" crowds.

I haven't got time to listen to the episode (downloadable MP3) though. I'm sure there are more details about his LFA inquiry experience inside.

Agreed 100%.
Old 07-23-10, 03:11 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

How could they turn down Chuck? WTF?!?!?!
Old 07-23-10, 05:25 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Remember, the original plan was to put enthusiasts in the cars, not celebs.

The issue now is and as has been mentioned, some folks who were in play got ticked off by being rejected and probably moved on (guesses only to follow) to the McLaren list (not a bad list to be on) or got an SLS (saw a black one rolling around down town Chi last week end, a nasty animal).

I still have no fear about the run being covered as the stealerships will love to have units on the floor.
Old 07-23-10, 05:32 PM
xioix
Racer

Agreed 100%.
It was a great carcast, he is quite the enthusiasts, he talked about how he wanted to take his GTR on the track during the celeb practice, but they didn't want a Nissan on the track with the Scions
Old 07-23-10, 05:40 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MR_F1
How could they turn down Chuck? WTF?!?!?!
We don't know what the full story is.

For what it's worth, probably Lexus might have felt he did not have his finances in order and has a high probability of defaulting on the lease/buy in a year or two (not a very uncommon thing for people longing to get an expensive exotic car).

Remember how Nicholas Cage owned a Porsche Carrera GT yet, he owned many millions in taxes.
Old 07-23-10, 05:46 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
We don't know what the full story is.

For what it's worth, probably Lexus might have felt he did not have his finances in order and has a high probability of defaulting on the lease/buy in a year or two (not a very uncommon thing for people longing to get an expensive exotic car).

Remember how Nicholas Cage owned a Porsche Carrera GT yet, he owned many millions in taxes.
From what he said, all he got was talking to a sales rep on the phone about why should he be selected to get one, didn't get to the financial parts
Old 07-23-10, 07:49 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So lets talk about lap times. 7:19 at least for the LFA around the ring? Well if that's the case, a 7:18 should be feasible correct? So the Nurb' edition should be at least 2 or 3 seconds faster. So a possible 7:15? That's faster than the new GT2 RS. With less HP and more weight. Where have we seen this before? Top gear in the wet! Beating out the Gallardo in the wet. I'm waiting for an official lap time, I bet anyone would be surprised.
Old 07-23-10, 07:56 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So lets talk about lap times. 7:19 at least for the LFA around the ring? Well if that's the case, a 7:18 should be feasible correct? So the Nurb' edition should be at least 2 or 3 seconds faster. So a possible 7:15? That's faster than the new GT2 RS. With less HP and more weight. Where have we seen this before? Top gear in the wet! Beating out the Gallardo in the wet. I'm waiting for an official lap time, I bet anyone would be surprised.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)