Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LFA Model
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-22-10, 01:18 PM   #1831
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
TXSTYLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The GYM!
Posts: 8,276
Send a message via Yahoo to TXSTYLE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
It's not two-tone. There was never a two-tone LFA, these are just parts put on for testing. Haven't we seen the press-release for the Nurb' edition? It didn't show two tone, the rear wing was added along with a splitter and two kanards on either side of the front bumper, all were in carbon fiber, these pieces are just painted and added on, and might i add that the rear wing seems to be adjustable! Awesome. I think they just painted the black over the sides to give it a bit of an off look. Car companies do that a lot, it's like saying, "I don't like that zebra paint on the new M6" It's not going to be there. And how dare you say 'rice'! What do you call the ACR then? 'Corn'? Or how about the GT3 RS? 'Kraut'? That can be taken as a racist remark, not many Asian people I know like that word used in that terminology.
Last I checked ricer only offends said culprits. And is in no way even remotely related to race or racism. You have Asian friends? Me too! Imagine that. And they are mature enough to not care about the term and use it more than I.

2-Toned , testing parts, whatever the case. It looks FUNKY to me.

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
TXSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 01:27 PM   #1832
Rash
-75lbs
Trader Score: (1)
 
Rash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: dxb
Posts: 12,136
Default

RICE = Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements, not the food itself, I'm hungry.
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=60164&dateline=1257674127
Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 02:12 PM   #1833
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,995
Default

rice = asian upgrades on a car.
kraut= german upgrades on a car.
corn?= american upgrades on a car.

None of them make any sense. Yeah I have asian friends, and as mature as they are it's not cool to call someone a ricer, or to say that functional parts on a car are rice. If that's the case, all racing cars with wings and splitters and kanards are rice. Not so! That's why i said it doesn't look like 'rice' and the paint was just a semi-camo job. Still looks good and rear wing looks to be an adjustable piece, probably sick fast this LFA will be.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 02:16 PM   #1834
mikez
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
mikez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,797
Default

In the ring pics, the antenna looks like it was going through hell
mikez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 04:47 PM   #1835
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (6)
 
Joe Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Under an IS F
Posts: 10,780
pages/Joe-Z-Performance/196802633674666 JoeZPerformance JoeZPerformance
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gengar View Post
I did confirm that the badge delete is only the rear LFA badge, and the F on the fenders are not included in that delete option..
Congrats!!!!

Ask them how would you be able to order 3 extra "F" fender badges ???

For example lets say you wanted to match the F badges from your LFA to your IS-F....


Joe Z
__________________
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=31186&dateline=1287013467
Lexus IS F Smoky Granite Mica Black Leather NAV & ML
Joe Z Direct Air Flow Intake Performance Tube Systems True Dual 304 SS Exhaust
12' BBS Wheels Bridgestone S-04 245-35-19 & 285-30-19
Project Mu D2 Racing Sport Coils AeroTect Xenon Depot LEDs
"The Relentless Pursuit Continues...."

Last edited by Joe Z; 06-22-10 at 04:50 PM..
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 07:00 PM   #1836
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NV, TX
Posts: 4,162
Default

Here's a nice shot of the LFA and also good audio of engine rev at the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOF6iLYAtfw

I think this is on the other side of the wall from some of those JP vids that are posted earlier in this thread.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Ask them how would you be able to order 3 extra "F" fender badges ???

For example lets say you wanted to match the F badges from your LFA to your IS-F....


Joe Z
I think I actually like the IS-F badges better.
gengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 09:03 PM   #1837
LexFather
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (1)
 
LexFather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Life is Good.....
Posts: 72,151
mike_vossen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
It's not two-tone. There was never a two-tone LFA, these are just parts put on for testing. Haven't we seen the press-release for the Nurb' edition? It didn't show two tone, the rear wing was added along with a splitter and two kanards on either side of the front bumper, all were in carbon fiber, these pieces are just painted and added on, and might i add that the rear wing seems to be adjustable! Awesome. I think they just painted the black over the sides to give it a bit of an off look. Car companies do that a lot, it's like saying, "I don't like that zebra paint on the new M6" It's not going to be there. And how dare you say 'rice'! What do you call the ACR then? 'Corn'? Or how about the GT3 RS? 'Kraut'? That can be taken as a racist remark, not many Asian people I know like that word used in that terminology.
This is correct. The wheels are not even right, it is clearly a tester. Surely Lexus is aware people will snap pics and they made it nice and bright and different for people to see (and bish about in some cases).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Last I checked ricer only offends said culprits. And is in no way even remotely related to race or racism. You have Asian friends? Me too! Imagine that. And they are mature enough to not care about the term and use it more than I.

2-Toned , testing parts, whatever the case. It looks FUNKY to me.

Click the image to open in full size.
Knock off the baiting pictures as we know your stance on the LFA already.

Everyone keep this on the LFA and lets try to not use the term rice as clearly it is inappropriate for this level of car.
LexFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 09:40 PM   #1838
TF109B
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,995
Default

Thank you. It's not as if the LFA is a tuner car, that it is not. It's a supercar, and an exotic. These parts don't even look the same as the Nurb. edition. I mean, you can clearly see the difference in the size of the canards on the front bumper. I'm betting the paint is covering carbon fiber pieces on the roof the boot and the hood. But the thing is, I thought the skin or body panels were already carbon fiber? Maybe it's a different type? Dry carbon? I think Dry carbon is lighter weight, but not as strong? I'm not too sure, but i think the paint could be covering things that aren't yet finalized. That's my take on it. Also, did anyone notice the winglets AREN'T screwed on? As in, they aren't 'cheap' looking anymore like people have been complaining about.
TF109B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 08:57 AM   #1839
Koma
Moderator
Trader Score: (3)
 
Koma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF109B View Post
Thank you. It's not as if the LFA is a tuner car, that it is not. It's a supercar, and an exotic. These parts don't even look the same as the Nurb. edition. I mean, you can clearly see the difference in the size of the canards on the front bumper. I'm betting the paint is covering carbon fiber pieces on the roof the boot and the hood. But the thing is, I thought the skin or body panels were already carbon fiber? Maybe it's a different type? Dry carbon? I think Dry carbon is lighter weight, but not as strong? I'm not too sure, but i think the paint could be covering things that aren't yet finalized. That's my take on it. Also, did anyone notice the winglets AREN'T screwed on? As in, they aren't 'cheap' looking anymore like people have been complaining about.
I was under the impression dry carbon was stronger and lighter but more labor intensive and also lacks a good looking pattern.
__________________
-A. Mok
Koma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 08:59 AM   #1840
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Trader Score: (0)
 
GFerg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: What is G?
Posts: 12,101
Send a message via AIM to GFerg
Default

Just a reminder of what the official ring edition looks like. Its quite clear that they are testing parts, however I'm still in love with the black pillars and roof. I hope they consider that as a color option as well. I'm thinking all white with the black top would look killer.

The blue color is very nice as well. I and I am assuming others have suspected that the blue car was probably one of the first official pre production cars as that car was used in the Lexus teaser pics last year.


Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
__________________
1995 ES300 (sold)
1997 Nissan Maxima SE 5-speed Black

VP of TLN (#23)
GFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 09:23 AM   #1841
MR_F1
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
MR_F1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 3,371
Default

How about some smaller mirrors for the ring edition? (and yes, I know the ones that are there serve an aerodynamic function)
__________________
http://i38.tinypic.com/25stxxg.jpg
MR_F1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 11:46 AM   #1842
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 78,894
Default

by AdrianXT. RIP......

Very very sad news. Makes me wonder if there was something wrong with the safety systems in this particular LFA.

The structure of both cars look OK, doesn't look like this was a particularly fast impact? The BMW drivers initially survived.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/23/b...-germany-ring/

EDIT: On-scene video: [url]http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/regionales_artikel,-BoosNuerburgring-Chef-Testingenieur-stirbt-bei-Unfall-mit-S
__________________
Yes, I drove it. The great feeling of boiling blood.
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 01:49 PM   #1843
SNiiP3R
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (0)
 
SNiiP3R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fuhgeddaboudit
Posts: 2,711
Default

^^^ The LFA driver Hiromu Naruse was 67 years old, maybe thats why he did not survive the crash. RIP
__________________
2013 GS350
2008 GS350 - Hurricane Sandy took her away Click here for pictures
2001 GS300 - Sold
SNiiP3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 02:40 PM   #1844
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur
Trader Score: (0)
 
flipside909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: L(F)A, California
Posts: 19,133
KaizenFactor kaizenfactor kaizenfactor
Default

Here is my ride with Naruse-san back in October in Miami in the LFA. I got a chance to meet him and "TEAM LFA" during the long lead press event for the LFA. He has had a long history with Toyota and the development of Lexus and Toyota products. He will be sorely missed.

VIDEO: 10-21-09 LFA Press Preview - Flipside909 Exclusive - HIROMU NARUSE

Here are some pics of Naruse-san in Miami...


Here he is taking a break in between hotlaps:

Click the image to open in full size.


This is a pic of me, Naruse-san, Scott Pruett and my good friend and co-hort Joaquin (my.IS Editor) in front of the European loaned White LFA.

Click the image to open in full size.

R.I.P. Hiromu Naruse
__________________
AMAZING IN MOTION

Toyota, Lexus, Scion Connoisseur
flipside909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 02:50 PM   #1845
S2000toIS350
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 1,214
Default Potential impact to LFA program from tragic Naruse crash?

1 The tragic LFA accident resulted in loss of lives

2 The facts are yet to be known

3 I am a long standing LFA supporter
and am starting the thread to see how
folks see the program impacted from
the tragedy

The context here is Toyota has been coming
off the accelerator recalls with the associated
safety/corporate perception challenges

The LFA is a halo car

Now toyota has to manage issues like;
is the car safe in a crash, is there a design
issue that led to the crash and will the
fact that the crash happened regardless
of reason lead to current customers
with deposits in to cancelled their orders

I would expect Toyota will do a significant
investigation, make some revisions to
the car and delay the release

Regarding the spectrum of potential outcomes, dO you folks think the schedule will be unchanged or that the whole program is
at risk
__________________
S2000toIS350
S2000toIS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 02:50 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
04, 2009, 300, bespoke, bike, car, lexus, lfa, naruse, october, perfection, premieres, press, rack, release, show, tagline, tokyo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info