LFA Model (2012)

LFA: 37,000,000 Yen for Japan plus Taxes.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-09, 10:19 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Considering what the car is supposed to offer, it will be a relative bargain compared to other exotic supercars.
Old 10-15-09, 10:22 AM
xcntuatd77
Lead Lap

I dont see anythign wrong with speculating anythign afterall this is a debate forum, nor does its pricing have anything to do with whether or not i will buy one or not or have the ability to afford one. We are just talking about it and sharing our views. Dont get me wrong, im not suggesting you are directing your vibes towards me. Just making a general comment.

Again - its a forum to participate in constructive debate over vehicles. Its one thing to post fictitious information just to post something and mislead other members, and another to present ones opinion, as long as it is made clear it is a somewhat logical speculation.

Those that feel it will be overpriced feel so because it is lexus first attempt at a supercar and pricing it this high is silly. However, given lexus committment in quality standards and the fact theiir attention to design and pursuing excellence, it could be $500,000 and i think it will be worth it.

Last edited by xcntuatd77; 10-15-09 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-16-09, 08:10 PM
tfelsky
Driver

I just hope its not the NSX of 2011. The most reliable fuel efficient best handling day to day hyper car, that no one buys and they keep for 15 years.
Old 10-16-09, 09:01 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tfelsky
I just hope its not the NSX of 2011. The most reliable fuel efficient best handling day to day hyper car, that no one buys and they keep for 15 years.
1 run, 500 cars.
Old 10-17-09, 06:55 AM
colHolM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I wonder what the Canadian price will be set at LOL, or is Canada getting any LFA's at all ? . The Canadian $ has been rising towards par against the USD recently too, it's at 0.9792 right now ...
I'm sure we'll be getting a few...
Old 10-17-09, 07:15 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tfelsky
NSX was a hyper car ? You can argue it was a supercar, but "hyper car" certainly not, nor was it an exotic. This car is on a totally different level than the NSX. They are going to make very low numbers of the LFA and will have no problem selling every one of them.
Old 10-17-09, 07:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by colHolM
I'm sure we'll be getting a few...
I've read UK is getting only 20 of them. I think we're lucky if we get 10

The PST and GST will add a lot to it's price too ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 10-17-09 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-17-09, 08:55 AM
jadeboy
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

3 Lexus LF-A for Calgary, Alberta.. already reserved.
Old 10-17-09, 09:14 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by jadeboy
3 Lexus LF-A for Calgary, Alberta.. already reserved.
Already reserved ? So 3 LFAs for Calgary, that means BC, Quebec, and Ontario should get at least a handful of LFAs each.
Old 10-17-09, 11:36 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Well, I have never even talked about the LF-A with any Lexus salesperson at all, so I have no idea how many will come to BC.

But I suppose the richest man in BC, who happens to own the Lexus dealer that I bought both my Lexus from, would likely have reserved one ?
At least I hope so, but he did say in the past he is never interested in sports cars, he always like large sedans, I think he said that in an interview about his test drive of the LS600hL after it was launched.
Old 10-17-09, 12:43 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Even when the official production version will be released next week, we probably wont here the prices...

im gonna say its gonna be another 1-2 months before we hear anything. Lexus is slow to release info, it took them more than half a decade to move this car from concept to production.
Old 10-18-09, 08:40 AM
JessePS

I hope there will be at least a few LF-A for sale in Canada. I hope to see one at a dealership in Montreal.

Canada for sure going to get at least 10-15

Let see if Calgary got 3 so far.
Montreal will get probably 1 or 2.
Toronto would get like 5.
Vancouver not sure :/

Price probably have a 27-28% mark up against the US model. It be like $540,904 CDN if directly converted from YEN to CAD + the mark up against the US model. The MB SLR sells for $495,000 US at Canadian dealerships :/ (for sure it won't be that expensive)

Last edited by JessePS; 10-18-09 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-18-09, 02:01 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JessePS
I hope there will be at least a few LF-A for sale in Canada. I hope to see one at a dealership in Montreal.

Price probably have a 27-28% mark up against the US model. It be like $540,904 CDN if directly converted from YEN to CAD + the mark up against the US model. The MB SLR sells for $495,000 US at Canadian dealerships :/ (for sure it won't be that expensive)
It's hard to justify that mark up now, since C$ has recently risen again to almost at par with the USD at 0.9635 to one C$.

Canadian buyers are still screwed anyway because of the extra GST, you can buy another new car with that alone
Old 10-20-09, 04:16 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I found out today how the LFA will be allocated today. In Japan there will be only one car for each store. You can only put your deposit down at one dealership and if you put your deposit down at multiple dealerships all those deposits will be refunded and your name will be taken off the list. If a dealership fails to sell there LFA before march 2010 it will be returned and sold at another dealership that still has people waiting. The production will start at the end of 2010 and run to the end of 2012 and lexus will decide the order that people will recieve their cars. So you may not recieve your car until 2012 even if you ordered the car this year.

I don't like my chances right now, there are two people at my dealership that seem certain to buy the car, I guess will will have to see what happens over the next few months. But I am guessing that it will be sold out the first day.
Old 10-20-09, 05:37 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Well I found out today how the LFA will be allocated today. In Japan there will be only one car for each store. You can only put your deposit down at one dealership and if you put your deposit down at multiple dealerships all those deposits will be refunded and your name will be taken off the list. If a dealership fails to sell there LFA before march 2010 it will be returned and sold at another dealership that still has people waiting. The production will start at the end of 2010 and run to the end of 2012 and lexus will decide the order that people will recieve their cars. So you may not recieve your car until 2012 even if you ordered the car this year.

I don't like my chances right now, there are two people at my dealership that seem certain to buy the car, I guess will will have to see what happens over the next few months. But I am guessing that it will be sold out the first day.
Have you checked with other dealerships? Im sure your dealer can check for you, and if there is a dealership with zero orders, hopefully you can get your deposit transferred there.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: LFA: 37,000,000 Yen for Japan plus Taxes.