LFA Model (2012)

LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 10:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i think it looks pretty darn good
Old 09-16-09, 10:41 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
All of you must be very lucky to have had an exclusive sneak peak at what the actual 100% production LF A looks like, because the car still has not been revealed yet .

There is no guarantee the car in these spyshots is 100% what the final production car will look like.

Do you really think Toyota would test the 100% production LF A out in the open like that before it's even revealed officially? Of course not.
Ok, obviously there is some white tape here and there masking the details of the car but you have to be a complete idiot to not be able to see how the rear of this car is going to look like. In fact, the ONLY things that are covered on this car are the headlamps, taillamps, and badges; you might have noticed I reserved judgement on those things. But everything else, YOU CAN SEE. The radiator ducts are there for THE WHOLE WORLD TO LOOK AT. Also, do you REALLY think this ISN'T a 100% production LF-A when previous spy cars have looked like this one for months now and the 100% production LF-A is supposed to be revealed in less than a month? Please. You'd have to be INCREDIBLY NAIVE to think that looking at this car wouldn't give you a very, very, very good idea of how the final production vehicle would look like, especially when it comes to talking about how the completely uncovered radiator ducts will look like.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'd like the people with negative remarks to show one concept car in the history of the automobile that made it to production untouched.

Well??????

Waiting???
Alfa Romeo 8C
Aston Martin Rapide
Audi R8
Ford GT
I can continue but I have to go study.

Note I chose cars that are/should be ABOUT the same price range/status level as the LF-A. I won't even start with cars like the BMW 1 series, Peugeot 308 RCZ, the new Cadillac SRX, the new Hyundai Tuscon, all cars that made it from concept to production nearly untouched save for the usual smaller wheels and real door handles/wing mirrors, or, for you more argumentative types, at least made it to production FAR BETTER than the LF-A managed to do.

Last edited by knihc2008; 09-16-09 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 11:07 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I am LOVING this car .
Old 09-16-09, 11:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Ok, obviously there is some white tape here and there masking the details of the car but you have to be a complete idiot to not be able to see how the rear of this car is going to look like. In fact, the ONLY things that are covered on this car are the headlamps, taillamps, and badges; you might have noticed I reserved judgement on those things. But everything else, YOU CAN SEE. The radiator ducts are there for THE WHOLE WORLD TO LOOK AT. Also, do you REALLY think this ISN'T a 100% production LF-A when previous spy cars have looked like this one for months now and the 100% production LF-A is supposed to be revealed in less than a month? Please. You'd have to be INCREDIBLY NAIVE to think that looking at this car wouldn't give you a very, very, very good idea of how the final production vehicle would look like, especially when it comes to talking about how the completely uncovered radiator ducts will look like.
Where are the car's door handles? How about the rear bumper that is being criticized, do you think that is the final bumper design, or how about the area around the exhaust? It looks unfinished to me. That could very well be the final design, but it might not be.

Many people were criticizing that the LF-A II design would be old and outdated if it were to be released as the production model ... so now Lexus has further updated the LF-A design since the LF-A II and of course criticism still remains.

Sure, previous spy shots have looked like this, but what makes you so sure the previous spyshots were 100% the production car? You don't know that, and we won't know for sure until we see the official reveal for the LF A.

Rumor is that the car using the LF-A II design did not meet Toyota's performance goals for this project, and combined with some criticism and reaction at autoshows regarding the LF-A II, Toyota further refined and changed the styling to achieve the performance goals it wanted, and to change some of the criticized elements on the LF-A II.

Alfa Romeo 8C
Aston Martin Rapide
Audi R8
Ford GT

Note I chose cars that are/should be ABOUT the same price range/status level as the LF-A. I won't even start with cars like the BMW 1 series, Peugeot 308 RCZ, the new Cadillac SRX, the new Hyundai Tuscon, all cars that made it from concept to production nearly untouched save for the usual smaller wheels and real door handles/wing mirrors, or, for you more argumentative types, at least made it to production FAR BETTER than the LF-A managed to do.
"Far better" is completely subjective. Will the production LF A look extremely close to the LF-A II concept? No, that is objective and a fact. Will it look "better" or "worse" than the LF-A II concept? That is debatable.

There are some here on CL, including myself, that like and actually prefer the changes that were made to the car compared to the LF-A II concept. The design seen in these spyshots is a combination of the LF-A I, LF-A II concepts along with some new styling elements.

If this is the 100% final production design, most people seem to like it, and although some seem disappointed due to it losing some LF-A II styling cues, the car fundamentally is still quite similar to the LF-A II.
Old 09-17-09, 11:44 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Definitely looks more muscular....lovin the rear quarter view

I'm one of the few who prefers a smaller radiator vent, but my opinion won't matter

Originally Posted by Diemellz
is that the future 1st gen SC looks good
yep, said the same thing from the frontal view
Old 09-17-09, 11:47 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

That's awesome. Can't wait to see pricing on these babies.
Old 09-17-09, 01:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the front end looks alright.

it looks like it's screaming.

with the right headlamp eyes, it could have that angry look
Old 09-17-09, 03:05 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Though new production updates always leave me a bit anxious with this car, the current LF-A looks incredible. Its shaping up to be one hell of a halo car.
Old 09-17-09, 04:23 PM
Mind18
Driver

Default More Pictures..

A few more pictures. Hi Res at Jalopnik

Old 09-17-09, 04:54 PM
MI350_55
Pole Position

I'll keep on dreaming...
Old 09-17-09, 04:57 PM
LexFather

Alfa Romeo 8C
Aston Martin Rapide
Audi R8
Ford GT

1. They still changed, that is my point. No concept makes it to production untouched.
2. Concepts are revealed at different times. Some are "concepts" but damn near production ready. Like this. Lexus HPS. It was production ready and only the grill and wheels changed.

Some concepts like the GT-R and LF-A are presented YEARS before they are sold, thus the many changes. Remember this?

It became this

Old 09-17-09, 08:45 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True, which is why I chose four vehicles which were about as production ready as the LF-A was when it was first revealed as a concept and not clear production-ready concepts like, say, the GS concept or the RX concept or the LS concept. All four cars were not production ready by any means when they were first revealed as a concept; I don't think the original 8C concept even had an interior. These are four concepts that had to be developed INTO production vehicles with great success in transition.

That said, those new street LF-A pics look pretty darn hot. Weird taillamp fins though.
Old 09-17-09, 10:20 PM
leedogg
Lead Lap

I used to really like the LF-A design until I saw the Essence concept...makes the LF-A look like a little japanese space ship in comparison
Old 09-17-09, 10:26 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Loving this angle. Just noticed that it has F badges on the fenders.

Old 09-17-09, 10:48 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

from world car fans:

The car is rumored to feature a 4.8-liter V10 engine that produces upwards of 600 horsepower.

Quick Reply: LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...