LFA Model (2012)

LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 05:59 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

It is looking good and I am glad it has more of an old school sports car look like a Supra then trying something radical or too modern and cutting edge. The LF-A really is the true successor to the last Supra turbo, not some silly lame v6 hybrid thing they might come out with and call a Supra. Hopefully it is not going to be way overpriced like the rumors suggest.
Old 09-16-09, 06:09 PM
B Dot
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The LF-A is looking really good the white color fits the car really well imo.
Old 09-16-09, 06:15 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta agree with dunnojack on this one, I've said this time and time again looking at the more recent LF-A spy shots, but the LF-A II's radiator grills were the best executed and integrated designs out of all three LF-A's. It gave the rear an almost Aston-Martin refined look to it while still being very aggressive and mean. Better surface definition also gave the LF-A II's rump more depth and solidity. The latest one imo isn't very well executed and closer to the LF-A I: flat, thin and uninspiring.

And while the front actually looks really great, I'm left wondering what the point of the LF-A II was. They went back to the LF-A I rear and designed an entirely new front end that doesn't look like either LF-A I or LF-A II. Again, I enjoyed the LF-A II front because of its insane amount of L-Finesse; this new front is almost generic compared to the incredibly unique LF-A II fascia.

Last edited by knihc2008; 09-16-09 at 06:29 PM.
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This is the ultimate Lexus 20th anniversary celebratory vehicle!
Mind18
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully they keep the headlights aggressive. As much as I think the design of Lexus vehicles have approved, headlights and tail lights have always been tame to me. At least on the most recent batch of vehicles. The exception being the LS 600h, which I love.
Old 09-16-09, 07:22 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

can't wait to see this in the dealership.. not that i can afford one..
Old 09-16-09, 07:48 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

I'm disappointed too in this production-candidate for the same reasons that dunnojack and knihc2008 mentioned. What happened to the beautifully carved rear end found in the LF-A II and the Roadster concepts?

The car in the latest spy shots looks so generic in the front and unimaginative in the rear for a supposed exotic.

Last edited by Mister Two; 09-16-09 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-16-09, 07:49 PM
BLK98GS3
Lead Lap

I know there's a lot of anticipation for this vehicle but is it only me that this vehicle is a little underwhelming? I love the idea of the car but its just a little plain.
Old 09-16-09, 08:03 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by knihc2008
Gotta agree with dunnojack on this one, I've said this time and time again looking at the more recent LF-A spy shots, but the LF-A II's radiator grills were the best executed and integrated designs out of all three LF-A's. It gave the rear an almost Aston-Martin refined look to it while still being very aggressive and mean. Better surface definition also gave the LF-A II's rump more depth and solidity. The latest one imo isn't very well executed and closer to the LF-A I: flat, thin and uninspiring.

And while the front actually looks really great, I'm left wondering what the point of the LF-A II was. They went back to the LF-A I rear and designed an entirely new front end that doesn't look like either LF-A I or LF-A II. Again, I enjoyed the LF-A II front because of its insane amount of L-Finesse; this new front is almost generic compared to the incredibly unique LF-A II fascia.
Originally Posted by Mister Two
I'm disappointed too in this production-candidate for the same reasons that dunnojack and knihc2008 mentioned. What happened to the beautifully carved rear end found in the LF-A II and the Roadster concepts?

The car in the latest spy shots looks so generic in the front and unimaginative in the rear for a supposed exotic.
Originally Posted by BLK98GS3
I know there's a lot of anticipation for this vehicle but is it only me that this vehicle is a little underwhelming? I love the idea of the car but its just a little plain.
All of you must be very lucky to have had an exclusive sneak peak at what the actual 100% production LF A looks like, because the car still has not been revealed yet .

There is no guarantee the car in these spyshots is 100% what the final production car will look like.

Do you really think Toyota would test the 100% production LF A out in the open like that before it's even revealed officially? Of course not.

The car in these spyshots still looks slightly unfinished. Also the white color was chosen purposely to hide and mask some details of the car itself.

When we (finally) see the official reveal of the car, and what the production model actually looks like, then will a more appropriate time to comment on it's design since we would know for sure then that it is the final design.

As for some of the design changes that are inevitable compared to the LF-A I and LF-A II, the reason is quite simple; performance, and aerodynamics.

There is also a rumor that the LF-A II was not as loved by the public at autoshows as the LF-A I was.

Originally Posted by GSteg
Can't tell until I see it without the covers, but so far not bad. Doesn't get me excited, but I WILL give it a 2nd look if I ever see it on the streets.
I think you are more likely to hear the car before you see it .
Old 09-16-09, 08:49 PM
LexFather

Cool

I'd like the people with negative remarks to show one concept car in the history of the automobile that made it to production untouched.

Well??????

Waiting???

Well??

There is no such thing so please chill. The car is still covered with camo for goodness sakes.

This is not no damn spiritual sucessor to the Supra this has no relation to anything Lexus or Toyota has made down to the 2000GT.

I'm still stunned it will be Produced and I'm excited for Lexus owners!! A v-10 exotic Lexus.

Big ***** baby!!!
Old 09-16-09, 08:53 PM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'd like the people with negative remarks to show one concept car in the history of the automobile that made it to production untouched.
Of course what you say is true. It's just that when they change something that seems so clearly "right" with the design like the tails it is disappointing. Kind of like when Jaguar showed us the gorgeous XF headlights and grill and then "interpreted" them poorly in the production car.

I can't wait to see this thing run the tracks and comparisons.
Old 09-16-09, 09:10 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel
It is looking good and I am glad it has more of an old school sports car look like a Supra then trying something radical or too modern and cutting edge. The LF-A really is the true successor to the last Supra turbo, not some silly lame v6 hybrid thing they might come out with and call a Supra. Hopefully it is not going to be way overpriced like the rumors suggest.
The rumored mid-market Toyota sports car (production version of the FT-HS) is said to have a gasoline-only version as well as a hybrid version. That is rumored to be the actual Supra successor, and may possibly use the Supra name.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
There is no such thing so please chill. The car is still covered with camo for goodness sakes.

This is not no damn spiritual sucessor to the Supra this has no relation to anything Lexus or Toyota has made down to the 2000GT.

I'm still stunned it will be Produced and I'm excited for Lexus owners!! A v-10 exotic Lexus.

Big ***** baby!!!
Exactly. The car still has some camo, and looks a bit unfinished. It's very sneaky that Toyota chose white for this particular car, as white camo blends very easily with a white body.

Regardless of how the car will look, this really is a dream and years ago I don't think even the biggest Toyota or Lexus fans expected this car to come to production. A screaming V10 exotic supercar Lexus. It sure sounds like a dream more than it sounds like reality.

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
Of course what you say is true. It's just that when they change something that seems so clearly "right" with the design like the tails it is disappointing. Kind of like when Jaguar showed us the gorgeous XF headlights and grill and then "interpreted" them poorly in the production car.

I can't wait to see this thing run the tracks and comparisons.
Let's see the final production car first then judge.
Old 09-16-09, 09:23 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Cant wait for the top gear boys to get theyre hands on it
Old 09-16-09, 09:58 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pimp! love that pop up wing
Old 09-16-09, 10:24 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

now you can have a popup spoiler without spending $1 mil for a bugatti.

Quick Reply: LF-A will debut in Tokyo...Details Oct 21st...