LFA Model (2012)

New LFA Owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-16, 09:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

seriously i would love to meet up with you some day (and maybe a tour of your collections if you allow!).

you are in UT right now? or you registered the car in UT and had it shipped back here?

do you have your pm turned off? any means to contact you privately?
Old 07-27-16, 12:02 AM
Tempock
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What an amazing collection.
Old 07-29-16, 03:23 PM
lfahalo
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

I love that you have bought 3. The thought has crossed my mind to add a second. Not another colour, or even Nur Edition, but actually a very well used or salvaged one to convert to a racecar. The V10 on track is just amazing. The thought of having a stripped out car with that engine screaming on track is so tantalizing. The gazoo LFA drivers were lucky, indeed. The LFA gearbox is excellent on the racetrack, too. Full throttle shifts at 9K are plenty fast and downshifts have perfect rev-matching blip.

Great thread!!
Old 07-29-16, 06:13 PM
LFA4Life
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

lfahola, I love your thought process.

Enjoy every moment with absolutely no regrets.

No better way to spend $300K.

Last edited by LFA4Life; 07-29-16 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-29-16, 06:50 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

When banging gearat full throttle at 9K the LFA is smack you in your *** HARD. Doing this with the dual clutch is definetly better, faster, smoother... Whatever. What I am talking about is when you are using the car like you have to 95% of the time and shifting with the paddles in the slowest mode. I LOVE THE WAY IN SEEMINGLY duplicates a manual box. Try it you like it!
Old 07-30-16, 01:51 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks much!

A.

Originally Posted by Tempock
What an amazing collection.
Old 07-30-16, 02:17 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the wonderful message!

Actually I have done a road car conversion to full race car job with one of my Ferrari 550! Years ago, the F550M hit over 60K miles driven, and the market value drop tremendously, so I decided to ship the car from LA California to Italy back to it's home, drive the entire Italy including participated in the Sicilian event Targa Florio! More than Italy, I drove to Germany Autobhan to fully release the Ferrari V12 power up to 300KM/H, than to Nurburgring!!! After lots lots of driving history, I have decided to convert the F550M to a full roll cage light weight race car! And the job was done amazingly! We diet off some 600 lbs from 3800 down to 3200lbs! Swapped out all the Ferrari electronics replaced with proper MOTEC race ECU! Now the F550M is a fully prepared old school classic V12 with 3 pedals stick 6 speed raw racing machine!!! It is amazingly fun and hardcore to drive and race on!!!

I wonder someday if the #32 LFA hits over100K miles, I might do something similar to converted to a more serious lighter weight race machine!!

We will see in years more! Someday, maybe someday!!!

cheers

A.

Originally Posted by lfahalo
I love that you have bought 3. The thought has crossed my mind to add a second. Not another colour, or even Nur Edition, but actually a very well used or salvaged one to convert to a racecar. The V10 on track is just amazing. The thought of having a stripped out car with that engine screaming on track is so tantalizing. The gazoo LFA drivers were lucky, indeed. The LFA gearbox is excellent on the racetrack, too. Full throttle shifts at 9K are plenty fast and downshifts have perfect rev-matching blip.

Great thread!!
Attached Thumbnails New LFA Owner-image.jpeg  
Old 07-30-16, 02:20 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

Thanks!

Cheers!

A.

Originally Posted by LFA4Life
lfahola, I love your thought process.

Enjoy every moment with absolutely no regrets.

No better way to spend $300K.
Old 07-30-16, 02:37 AM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

That I agree with you!!!

When switch the LFA shifting mode to slowest! It actually feels much like an actual manual gear lever shifting without the foot clutch pedal!!! It is so mechanical that you actually feel the gears rolling in and out between shifts!!! Very much like you are just out enjoying a cruise driving enjoying street speed rolling the gear lever! No rush, not intense racing like speedy driving! Just pure mechanical old school gear shifts!!!

Another way to enjoy the LFA's flappy paddle in an old school fashion way!

A.

Originally Posted by SUNLINE
When banging gearat full throttle at 9K the LFA is smack you in your *** HARD. Doing this with the dual clutch is definetly better, faster, smoother... Whatever. What I am talking about is when you are using the car like you have to 95% of the time and shifting with the paddles in the slowest mode. I LOVE THE WAY IN SEEMINGLY duplicates a manual box. Try it you like it!
Old 07-30-16, 08:02 AM
lfahalo
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KV10

Actually I have done a road car conversion to full race car job with one of my Ferrari 550! Years ago, the F550M hit over 60K miles driven, and the market value drop tremendously, so I decided to ship the car from LA California to Italy back to it's home, drive the entire Italy including participated in the Sicilian event Targa Florio! More than Italy, I drove to Germany Autobhan to fully release the Ferrari V12 power up to 300KM/H, than to Nurburgring!!! After lots lots of driving history, I have decided to convert the F550M to a full roll cage light weight race car! And the job was done amazingly! We diet off some 600 lbs from 3800 down to 3200lbs! Swapped out all the Ferrari electronics replaced with proper MOTEC race ECU! Now the F550M is a fully prepared old school classic V12 with 3 pedals stick 6 speed raw racing machine!!! It is amazingly fun and hardcore to drive and race on!!!

I wonder someday if the #32 LFA hits over100K miles, I might do something similar to converted to a more serious lighter weight race machine!!

cheers

A.
That is so ironic - the other road car that I have dreams about converting to a racecar is the 550. I do not own one, but came close to buying one about 3 years ago. The Prodrive 550 and 570 were some of my favourite GT racecars of all time. Do you have any onboard footage of your 550 at the track? Must sound lovely.
Old 07-30-16, 07:19 PM
9KV10
Driver School Candidate

There you go! The F_V12 has a deep low tone exhaust note, much like the classic mechanical V12 big block engine roar!

While the LFA has the high tech F1 high pitch very fast reving scream sound!

Both sounds excellent yet different, but the LFA surely has the best note, most exotic scream sound above all!

I will try to get some clip to post here later!

A.
Old 07-30-16, 10:01 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9KV10

cheers

A.
Hey i know of someone that lived in Walnut that kept a F550M there, fellow Taiwanese as well
wondering if that is you (is Johans your relative?)
Old 09-14-16, 08:57 AM
dat dude
Pole Position

Damn all these LFA photos are making me think I should sell all my cars and just own an LFA!
Old 09-16-16, 09:25 AM
LFA4Life
Driver School Candidate

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
Damn all these LFA photos are making me think I should sell all my cars and just own an LFA!
You'll never regret it. And if you ever change your mind, you can always sell your LFA (probably to 9KV10!) and restock your fleet. My hunch is you won't lose financially.

New LFA Owner-pn9a4uz.png
Old 10-06-16, 04:11 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LFA4Life
You'll never regret it. And if you ever change your mind, you can always sell your LFA (probably to 9KV10!) and restock your fleet. My hunch is you won't lose financially.

Sorry for the really late reply.
Oh I can imagine, these cars will fetch a premium at any given time, I just checked Auto Trader, and there are none for sale in Canada at all right now. I might have to import one!

Quick Reply: New LFA Owner