What was Jeremy Clarkson's Favorite Car Ever on Top Gear ?? - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > LFA Model (2012)

What was Jeremy Clarkson's Favorite Car Ever on Top Gear ??

Old 05-27-15, 07:58 AM   #1
Contender
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default What was Jeremy Clarkson's Favorite Car Ever on Top Gear ??

And he has driven them all - I must say I can't disagree with him !

http://carbuzz.com/news/2015/5/27/Wh...-Gear-7727168/
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-15, 10:29 AM   #2
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion

Very cool. Great to see even after having driven much newer supercars and hypercars like McLaren P1, Porsche 918 Spyder, Huracan, McLaren 650s and Ferrari LaFerrari etc., he always keeps going back to the LFA as his most favorite car ever.

"The word immediate was invented for the throttle response of this car....and the steering, and...the gearbox - Jeremy Clarkson"

05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 12:05 PM   #3
lfahalo
Driver School Candidate

After a month of ownership, I must concur. This car puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.
At times, I still cannot believe how Lexus pulled off a car this incredible on their very first try. Just extraordinary.

I think perhaps it can only be explained by the 'no expense spared' approach to design and manufacture, coupled with the driving dynamics and experience really being determined by a single man who knew exactly how he wanted the car to feel and was obsessive about testing and re-testing until he achieved it.
lfahalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-15, 02:00 PM   #4
05RollaXRS
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfahalo View Post
After a month of ownership, I must concur. This car puts a huge smile on my face every time I drive it.
At times, I still cannot believe how Lexus pulled off a car this incredible on their very first try. Just extraordinary.

I think perhaps it can only be explained by the 'no expense spared' approach to design and manufacture, coupled with the driving dynamics and experience really being determined by a single man who knew exactly how he wanted the car to feel and was obsessive about testing and re-testing until he achieved it.
It is always great to hear your opinions.

I just read Telegraph UK interview of Clarkson where he talks about the LFA. It had been a rumor he had been searching to buy one. This interview subliminally says he had been looking around for one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/bbc/...r-sacking.html

Quote:

Clarkson claims the Lexus LFA was the best car he ever drove on Top Gear.

Editor of www.PistonHeads.com, Dan Trent was surprised.

"An unexpected choice for Clarkson, especially given the drubbing he gave the last Lexus to appear on Top Gear," he said.

"But the LFA is something special, a one-off supercar built with obsessive attention to detail that took a decade to go from concept to reality. They very rarely come up for sale and the last one we had on www.PistonHeads.com was priced at £440,000. Lexus never made anything like it before and never will again. For that it's a proper hero car."

"The word immediate was invented for the throttle response of this car....and the steering, and...the gearbox - Jeremy Clarkson"

05RollaXRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 12:06 AM   #5
tromly
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfahalo View Post

so happy to hear that the car is still #1 !
Old 06-06-15, 09:14 PM   #6
01gs3
Pole Position
Trader Score: (9)

Nice, the Lfa is an astonishing vehicle.
01gs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-15, 08:33 PM   #7
johnnyreb
Lead Lap

WOW! I was Never really a Big Fan of his, but this Changes my Perception a Bit! That was Pretty Cool though, considering ALL the Cars he been around!
2002 911 Porsche
2000 RT/10 Viper
johnnyreb is online now   Reply With Quote