LFA Model (2012)

C&D Lightning Lap 2013 results

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-13, 06:39 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Wow! Just wow!

One would think after Chris Harris exposed Ferrari, they would be more careful with the cover blown.

I guess not!
Old 01-10-13, 07:17 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm having a field day replying to the guys over on motortrend.com forums. Some people are so uneducated it's sickening.
Old 01-10-13, 07:39 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by TF109B
I'm having a field day replying to the guys over on motortrend.com forums. Some people are so uneducated it's sickening.
I think I posted there a few years ago for a couple of weeks and almost gave up hope on humanity
Old 01-10-13, 07:48 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

You are a brave soul to face such biased blind haters.

I cannot even bare to read the sheer level of ignorance on such boards and it makes my blood boil, which is why I don't even bother to read those comments.

LFA all-out would have been down to the 2:51 - 2:52 region on those stock less-than-grippy tires. With those Ferrari tires, it could have been in the 2:49.

I always marvel at the thought of what if Lexus had given LFA velcro-sticky tires like those super sport or cup tires, LFA would simply be becoming a monster legend inspite of all the denial.

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-10-13 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 08:13 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

The Z06 improved around 5 seconds from it's previous Lightning lap with new Pilot Sport Cups on. If the LFA was driven with those on, a 3% increase in time like the Z06 gained would be 2:49.x.
Old 01-10-13, 09:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You are a brave soul to face such biased blind haters.

I cannot even bare to read the sheer level of ignorance on such boards and it makes my blood boil, which is why I don't even bother to read those comments.

LFA all-out would have been down to the 2:51 - 2:52 region on those stock less-than-grippy tires. With those Ferrari tires, it could have been in the 2:49.

I always marvel at the thought of what if Lexus had given LFA velcro-sticky tires like those super sport or cup tires, LFA would simply be becoming a monster legend inspite of all the denial.
I don't know what it is about Lexus but people really hate it and really get hateful online. Doesn't matter if it was the HS or LFA.....I mean when I saw the LFA get bashed the way it did, it was clear that people just hate the brand. When you read most reasoning it is completely illogical and you realize you are not really arguing with an enthusiast, just someone that figured out how to login a computer.
Old 01-10-13, 09:05 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

The Z06 improved around 5 seconds from it's previous Lightning lap with new Pilot Sport Cups on. If the LFA was driven with those on, a 3% increase in time like the Z06 gained would be 2:49.x.
True. I had noticed the lap time difference between the Z06 wearing the Eagle F1 tires versus Cup tires.

Originally Posted by Blueprint
I don't know what it is about Lexus but people really hate it and really get hateful online. Doesn't matter if it was the HS or LFA.....I mean when I saw the LFA get bashed the way it did, it was clear that people just hate the brand. When you read most reasoning it is completely illogical and you realize you are not really arguing with an enthusiast, just someone that figured out how to login a computer.
True. There is a very blatant and very obvious one-sided hatred since that criticism completely contradicts what reality and facts in proper context dictate.

For example, LFA is always criticized as "overpriced", yet Ferrari had sold a much more inferior model 599 GTB for $400K by the thousands for several years and I never heard anyone ever say 599 GTB was overpriced, yet a cheaper LFA that is a much more modern and better car, gets the bad rap of being "overpriced".

Last edited by 05RollaXRS; 01-10-13 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-10-13, 09:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
True. I had noticed the lap time difference between the Z06 wearing the Eagle F1 tires versus Cup tires.

True. There is a very blatant and very obvious one-sided hatred since that criticism completely contradicts what reality and facts in proper context dictate.

For example, LFA is always criticized as "overpriced", yet Ferrari had sold a much more inferior model 599 GTB for $400K by the thousands for several years and I never heard anyone ever say 599 GTB was overpriced, yet a cheaper LFA that is a much more modern and better car, gets the bad rap of being "overpriced".
I've been around over 10 years...all these years even if Lexus had a good or decent performer they still were bashed for being boring or unexciting. So what does Lexus do? They build what has been called one of the all time greats by all the experts. They build a 552hp V-10 carbon fiber car from scratch. No experience. And they nail it. Every review globally is head over heels and raves about the car.

What happens on the internetz? It got bashed to death
-Oh its overpriced
-Oh its slow
-Oh it needs more power
-This is stupid, Lexus why is it sporty
-it won't make money
-its ugly
-dumb

I mean what kind of enthusiasts are they supposedly? To bash Lexus for being boring and then they build the exact anti-boring, a car with a regular automatic b/c it "engages" the driver. A car with the lowest center of gravity. The car that at one time was the fastest around the ring.

It is hilarious.

Now of course you have your good debates, you have people make logical points against the LFA and we all know its not perfect. Some won't like the looks, some feel it should have 600hp, some feel it is pricy. I think that is justified.

However the continued bashing about the LFA from people on the internetz when Chris Harris, Jeremy Clarkson, EVO, CAR, etc etc have just raved about the vehicle lets you know all you need to know.
Old 01-10-13, 09:47 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

All great points.

I agree with everything you said. That is why I wanted Lexus to stay the course and remain in the exotic business so that it flies in the face of those people who really wanted desperately Lexus to not take the fight to the Italians and Germans so head on. I saw it as a win against the haters who wanted Lexus to not be in this business and to stick with building big, cushy luxury cars.

But, alas it does not seem like that is going to happen since there does not seem to be a follow up to LFA coming up.

I've been around over 10 years...all these years even if Lexus had a good or decent performer they still were bashed for being boring or unexciting. So what does Lexus do? They build what has been called one of the all time greats by all the experts. They build a 552hp V-10 carbon fiber car from scratch. No experience. And they nail it. Every review globally is head over heels and raves about the car.

What happens on the internetz? It got bashed to death
-Oh its overpriced
-Oh its slow
-Oh it needs more power
-This is stupid, Lexus why is it sporty
-it won't make money
-its ugly
-dumb

I mean what kind of enthusiasts are they supposedly? To bash Lexus for being boring and then they build the exact anti-boring, a car with a regular automatic b/c it "engages" the driver. A car with the lowest center of gravity. The car that at one time was the fastest around the ring.

It is hilarious.

Now of course you have your good debates, you have people make logical points against the LFA and we all know its not perfect. Some won't like the looks, some feel it should have 600hp, some feel it is pricy. I think that is justified.

However the continued bashing about the LFA from people on the internetz when Chris Harris, Jeremy Clarkson, EVO, CAR, etc etc have just raved about the vehicle lets you know all you need to know.
Old 01-10-13, 09:51 PM
LexFather

Yeah...the point about the Yen makes complete sense. It was a money losing project at 120..let alone the current 87 or so. Still they have acknowledged how good the LFA has been from a "halo" and marketing perspective.....I wonder how much money it lost?

The good news is the LFA is trickling down to the new Lexus models It still is mind boggling to think Lexus made the LFA
Old 01-10-13, 10:43 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Now only if I could get and afford a second mortgage to buy an LFA.

Yeah...the point about the Yen makes complete sense. It was a money losing project at 120..let alone the current 87 or so. Still they have acknowledged how good the LFA has been from a "halo" and marketing perspective.....I wonder how much money it lost?

The good news is the LFA is trickling down to the new Lexus models It still is mind boggling to think Lexus made the LFA
Old 01-10-13, 11:09 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So now a Ferrari owner on Ferrari Chat is calling out Ferrari and calling the 458 in the test a ringer. Not surprised at all.
Old 01-11-13, 01:55 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see why everyone is jumping all over ferrari. It's not their fault the comparison isn't fair. They played within the "rules."

It's a car with options you can order from ferrari, only difference from the showroom floor is alignment (which anyone can and should have done frequently when tracking a car often).
Old 01-11-13, 02:48 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

It's much lighter than a car you can get from Ferrari. My guess is there is no stereo system, it's basically stripped and the tires are shaved on top of it.
Old 01-11-13, 03:22 PM
Ap1_Alan
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

It's much lighter than a car you can get from Ferrari. My guess is there is no stereo system, it's basically stripped and the tires are shaved on top of it.
It is a light weight model, but it's a model anyone can order from Ferrari with the lightweight options, it's not like they stripped one down.

Quick Reply: C&D Lightning Lap 2013 results